Will cars like this ever truly become classics like 60s Mustangs? I just can't see it

Will cars like this ever truly become classics like 60s Mustangs? I just can't see it...

if the designers did something other than put on those stupid fake scoops then yes, they would. but unfortunately 1972-2004 Ford Mustangs (aside from a select few) are all ugly and look cheap and ungainly.

But the scoops make the car aesthetic

To me the scoops aren't as big of a sin as the stock ride height, wheel style, and wheel fitment.

They aged very poorly. That Honda in the background looks better than that generation of mustang.

The mustang is only a classic because of Boomer nostalgia. It was common, decent (but not great), and well-priced.

Also, Boomers in their youth were the first generation to obsess over uniqueness and individual expression (those goddamn snowflakes), and the Mustang had far more factory and dealer options for customizing than was common at the time.

I think the rarer models will hold value and even continue to rise. I'm talking Mach 1's, the new edge Bullitt, and Terminators.

Otherwise these cars came out of a time where they were covered in non-functional aesthetics, boring wheels except for the top premium options, and a super bland non-iconic interior.

The main value will be these chassis as I see them as remaining to be a great viable racing chassis for a long time. They are before the modern era of big boat-like cars loaded with electronics and safety equipment but are new enough to utilize more modern chassis equipment with less modification.

It's why you see so many of these cars being swapped with every kind of motor for drag racing. It's easy to set them up and make them work. People like the way they look on the exterior too.

Outside of that, I don't think it'll become a collector classic in the way that a 2000 Mustang GT base left all original and stock will have as much value in 40 years as a 67 mustang did 40 years later - if that all makes sense.

Cobras and Mach 1s are slowly pulling in prices already. Nitpicking a shit cared for example as picture screams 'no'

i like this generation of mustangs, even more than the recent one. but i am euro so tf do i know.

tfw no foxbody

Since in the future everything will be self-driving and electric I'd say yes

You want an SN95, believe me.

SN95 is way better

For millionth time buddy; FOXBODY ISN'T A FUCKING MUSTANG

Tbh "proper" classics are dropping in price this year

Yes but they will be japaneese cars like the rx7-nsx-supra-240z.

Isn't the pic a foxbody?

Eww no. It just looks like cheap plastic with no eye catching style.

All third gen mustangs are foxbodies.
Not all foxbodies are mustangs.

I meant that you can't consider that abomination a real stang

1st gen Mach 1s had fake scoops

Sure you can
Mustangs were always shit

in my opinion, since the 1990s, most manufacturers have intentionally made their cars look boring and generic in an attempt to stifle used car sales. they want you to buy a new car with new features rather than a used car with good aesthetics

imagine being so butt devastated by foxbody that even a pigfat foxbody aka sn95 thread can't even contain itself.

This is now a foxbody thread. Post foxbodies (and sn95s too I guess if they're cool enough)

Every car will become a classic especially if its rwd, manual and lsd but more regular cars will take more time to reach that status.