Any body else replace their shift knob to something else? Pic related is mine

Any body else replace their shift knob to something else? Pic related is mine.

Ehh... When I was younger.

what you driving there son?

I replaced mine with an autistic dragon ball one someone gave me after my original gearknob snapped in two but other than that, don't really see the point

The number of stars better match your number of gears.

they don't, it's a 7 star ball on a 5 speed transmission

Its the feel user. I'm glad I got mine replaced.

Old barracuda, 4 star ball, actually has 4 gears.

Yes i replaced the stock one with a selfmade wooden knob. I really like the feeling of it and it's nice to tell passengers that you have something you made yourself in the car.

Sounds comfy. Have a picture?

I wanna do this at some point, what did you use?

I personally find the OEM Integra shift knob to be the best looking one. I have two I got from junkyards, and now a shitty used one is like $40.

These are the best imo

It is nothing special though. Just took a piece of birch wood, carved it into a knob and drilled a hole in it. Then i fitted a iron pipe with a thread in this hole, screwed the wooden shift knob onto the stick and went for a ride on the Autobahn.

For DSM I love 2g or Evo shift knobs.
Factory 1g Dildo shifters are hilarious and uncomfortable

Looks nice.
I like round wood shift knobs, probably because of the 917's balsa wood one. You know, because weight reduction.

Is it true that pool balls make good shift knobs too?

>inb4 dildo

makes me wanna whittle a shift knob for my truck... i might just do it

I want to replace the cheap shitty knob my car came with

Post your shitbox, mr. mature

Yeah do it ! :)

I have that exact same one except mine is copper colored, but my car is a 6 speed.

So, AutoZone general thread then?

Yeah, but only because I bought my car second hand and the stock one inside was kinds worn out.

Just wen't to a scap yard and got one similar to pic related, it's actually a really nice shape to use.

I used a voodoo one while i was getting a replacement stock shifter. It's pretty comfortable in the hand and is nice and weighty. The threads on it are really deep too so it sits very low, would recommend to other miata owners who might not like the stock knob or can't get their hands on one. Also have the short shifter from moss miata.

>he doesn't know reverse and neutral are speeds

I did but removed it fairly quickly and went back to OEM. I drive a Miata and tbqh they got it right with the OEM knob. Nice and heavy, makes every shift feel like a buttery flick. The car I learned on had a round ball shifter and was leather wrapped, and as far as grip goes it felt the best. The Miata (previous owner did this) came with a ball shifter but it was aluminum and would get hot as FUCK in the summer and really god damn cold in winter, so I got rid of it.

Still looking for alternatives tho

I used to use a penis shaped shifter to deter thieves but all the millennials are fags now so there goes that deterrent.

My prelude have something similiar to that.

Post it when your done.

Pic?

Yes, with the STi Duracon knob

will do

I have the same deck.

Seemed like a cheap and cool thing at the time. At least its got a hidden compartment

is that a revolver?

no its a roush

>not replacing your shift knob with an end of a ten pound weight for ultimate knob feel

>not replacing it with dragons

just bought pic related.

we'll see how it feels compared to the original one.

when you guys put it on, specially one that has a direction, and you tighten it up but it doesn't sit in the right position, what do you do? happened on my old car and don't want it to happen on my new one, when i take the original off to try this one out, incase i don't like the new knob and go back to the original.

a bit of lock tight? or something similar?

a lot of directional shifters would have a lock-nut at the base for proper orientation.

pic related

Mah nigga. The girl got me one as a christmas gift, love that thing

The one I had, you had to screw in the nut first and it tightens but you have to put the nut at the right spot for it to look right.

Type-R weighted knob copy turned on a lathe with 306.

It's too heavy, but I've grown to like it.

Not mine just reference pic.

Holy shit this is terrible.

Do you sit on that?

I replaced the aftermarket shift knob with the dinged up stock one the previous owner had in the glove box. Looks so much better.

Mine is yellow, 5sp.

Volvo s60 with this thing
feels good man

Dunno m8 i drive a civic its close enough i guess.

do you stroke it?

Yeah for awhile I had what you posted, but in black. It was nice but it was so damn cold in the winter that I put back on the OEM ballsack.

Stop projecting you little faggot

Nice I have the same fire extinguisher. Need to get around to mounting it.

Instead of locktite use plumbers tape.

Stop being insecure of your sexual preference.

I got lucky too, the shifter boot comes off super easy making it super easy to install. I have broken the bracket before (back when I stored it in a toolbox), but they're so cheap replacing it's no biggy.

whats the point of it?

I have the stock mustang S197 one. I don't like it. Shifting into 5th and 6th feel awkward. May move to a ball shifter. Thoughts ?

The fire extinguisher?

to look tacticool as you drive through mall parking lots

yes. I don't see why you would need one.

Engine/electrical fires are a thing. Also if you see someone else on fire you should help. Additionally you could catch on fire after an accident. Roadflares, fire extinguisher, and a window breaker are three thing every car should have. Regardless of its age.

>implying theives won't steal this

Your a girl right?

With a manual S14 and a racing seat? Highly unlikely.

>not an asian cock
Please leave.

The last owner of my car put on one of these stupid fucking things. I took it off because the set screw kept coming loose anyway. I've been driving around without a knob and the shift feel is so much better without all that weight. If I were to get another shift knob I'd probably buy something like a little 1.5-2" knob like you'd find on the levers for controlling a forklift because I'm really liking the low weight.

Thats fucking ugly

I know! That's why I yanked it off.

just put a corona bottle on it after mine broke