/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New assault (2CP) map: Horizon Lunar Colony is live! Yes, that includes in competitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Highlights include a nerf to Hog's 1-shot capabilities (but he now has 5 shots per reload and shoots faster), a buff to Deadeye's lock-on time, and changes to career profile stat tracking.
>Hovering over a teammate's name (on the groups page of the social tab) will show their five most played heroes for the season. Now it's easier to see when a healer main is stuck on tank or something.
>Also, Reaper heals just by dealing damage and doesn't have to pick up orbs anymore, so he's pretty fucking scary in the right hands now.

>New crosshair shape and color options are available on the PTR now. If you're on PC, go check them out!

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757395786?page=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0DutLp7Rw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here comes T.Racer!

Tracer is STUPID.

And also UGLY.

I was waiting on you.
Why don't you ever make the new threads?

Delivering the "Where do you think we are?" drawing.

I spend too much time for shit like this.

Could always use another short with Widowmaker

>skins that only you like

tfw post in old thread on accident

Bloo is love
Bloo is life
>tfw wondering what her next skin will be

OP text is shitty, will fix with next thread.

Why are there so less girls in Silver but GM is full of Mercy maining girls?

Threadly reminder not to get hyped like the fucking manchildren you all are

SUMMER GAMES WILL BE AUGUST

AUGUST

Move along

>first match
>thrower
>second match
>leaver
>third match
>symm one trick on Oasis

Should I stop playing for the day or should I go one more? I lost about 80 SR

Being an overwatch youtuber just consists of making 10 minute speculation videos where you just talk out of your ass, guess shit and regurgitate stuff already knows. Don't forget to give it an all caps question clickbait title like "DOOMFIST ON THE HORIZON?!?!".

This guy isn't even the only one as most big overwatch youtube channels are either this shit or "How to climb" videos which will tell you the same generic things ; "Don't be a dick""Be flexible with your roles but make sure to focus on only a couple of heroes" "Focus on improving instead of climbing" "Don't be a dick" "Communicate".

>codman skin on codman the soldier

What about Doomfist, though?

my favorite
>team is losing
>they tilt hard and do meme comps till we lose
>team is winning
>someone abandons so we lose anyway

Sorry he isn't wearing a clown suit (???)

Everyone else has Baije or one of the shark ones, or Junkenstein's monster.

I just like my muddy lil' roadie.

Mercy is incredibly easy to climb with because her skill floor is the lowest in the game. You do not need the type of skill you need with other heroes to play Mercy.
Girls play Mercy because she's woman-friendly in her character design, and she's easy to pick up on for women who haven't played shooters as long as many men playing have.

Always stop playing comp for a few hours or even for the day after two consecutive losses.

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

Patrician taste my friend, I am also a fine connesuir of the muddy skin

I mean, they are right about not being a dick

But how do they climb so easy to GM?
I have played nearly the whole last season as Mercy and i stuck in low-middle silver til the end.

Is it true that you get less SR if you switch heroes during the match because SR gain is gauged by how well you do on a certain hero but these stats are cleared every time you switch? I saw someone mention it a couple of threads ago but can't find any official Blizzard source.

It would be pretty BS to reward people being stubborn and punish people who are flexible and switching to counter/fit the teamcomp.

>rein gets a nice shatter
>could very easily murder everyone on the floor without using anything else
>OGON PO GOTOVNOSTI TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED PASS INTO THE IRIS

Terry already announced him in E3 and the collab Blizzard was doing with Crackdown 3.

OVERTOOL IS REPORTING ONE NEW ENCRYPTED HERO

DOOMFIST INC

when does this new update go live on the main client?

afaik blizz didnt spoke about the specifics but sr is modified by how well you did on a hero

so switching might cause some black hole for that hero for the lenght of the game time in wich you were on another hero. i duno, we would need to take a peek at the code

They are right about all of those things but it's just the fact that they keep regurgitating them over and over, always making out like it's some sort of deep secret and sometimes even repeating them in multiple videos (ie. HOW TO CLIMB FROM SILVER TO GOLD and HOW TO CLIMB FROM GOLD TO PLAT) will be near identical videos.

They literally ONLY play Mercy and often they get boosted by thirsty men / their boyfriends as well.

Not until Blizzcon.

its fucking hammond.

hold your chimp-out.

Some part of me is beginning to like Nu Hog.

One shots were fun, but watching people panic after you hook them is pretty funny. Especially the characters who have already blown their movement ability or whose only real option is to back pedal and pray.

Well I was completely dominating as 76 in a match earlier, was on fire the vast majority of the game, gold everything, never died, all that but then we lost a tank and the enemy team went Genji and Tracer at the very end which made our healer's life very difficult so I switched to Winston for the last couple of minutes to protect them and we ended up winning the match.

I got 18 SR despite the fact my stats were definitely way above average and I regularly get like 30-40 for a win at this rank. I think it's true and I think if I had stayed on 76 I would have gotten way more.

just to play devil's advocate, there's really nothing stopping them from just doing their stupid event shit whenever they want.

In addition, people getting hyped about the PTR thing, this doesn't mean when the PTR patch comes out the summer games or doomfist or whatever will be there, rather, the new frame work of 1.13 is what those things will be on.

>cloth
its a cyborg, not a omnic. i feel so cheated.

>when does this new update go live on the main client?
Which update?
The "lootbox duplicate change / new highlight system / more crosshair options" update?
No idea.
I just looked back through the developer update video (which I really should be including in the OP), and they didn't give a date for when the features would go live.

I think I remember Mudhog being popular around release, but then fell off at some point.

I personally like Stiched.

Then I can't post T.Racer :(

stitched is good too, I really like the mask for it.

But there's just something about Pigpen that I like more than the others. That skin and Roadhog sitting, it's just perfect.

So which one of you fags played pic related yet? Gotta say im having more fun with it than OW, seeing its similar in play minus ults

>it's the fifth match in a row where you have 4 or 5 DPS and the enemy team has something that would be massively hindered if you had any tank (namely Widow who is being completely uncontested) but you're solo healing and the DPS players are DPS players and therefore don't realize there are any heroes that aren't Offense class
>if you so much as tell them to consider doing something other than playing Offense class, you get told "lol omg its quick play xD"

The skin is just so fucked.
The face is copper for what reason?
At least the hair matches something on the gun. And if she's supposed to be "cyberized" why is she wearing an undersuit instead of with the robot bits like 76 and hanzo?

Shilling is against the rules

Literally who?

>there are people who don't realize Gabe and Jack are going to be "revealed" as calm, quirky idiots and that everyone misinterpreted them except Ana

I mean, Gabe is an avid costumer for christ sake and Jack makes puns about omelettes.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757395786?page=1

Overtool.

It's a tool for datamining.

>no ults
enjoy permanent stalemates

also
>thinking this will go better that warfarm

you are merely set for a different type of disapointment

>Keystone
How does one "play" an oil pipeline?

Are you insinuating that because I like to design and make outfits, I'm a faggot?

Always stop after 2-3 losses, either for a couple hours or the rest of the day. Going to QP and arcade to work on your aim is fine afterwards but can also lead to developing bad habits.

It's Sentai villain clothing.

You just suck as mercy main (not your fault).

Mercy is easy if you know how to abuse her.
You need everything other heroes need except aiming.

How to be a gm mercy
Disable chat OR enable chat but change the volume to 0. 99 % of all communication is just shit.
POSITIONING!!!
Know who is carrying your team.
Rez as often as you can.
If everyone has full health damage boost.
Don'those your pistol. You can't heal and your dpi is so high as mercy main that your aim is just bad.
If you want you can use your pistol while you rez for more Dps.
Try to avoid Los with enemies. HIDE every time you can.

AND now the biggest secret how to get to gm, KNOW YOUR ENEMY. You have to know what they can do and you have to know where they are. As a Mercy main you know that a genji ult means he is behind you and you must try to either reach a save spot or run away from your team. As Mery you are target no1 for a good team so expect every ult is against you.

So, post source then.

IM LIKE FAT JOE WHEN I SPEAK
LEAN BACK WHEN I TALK

Although the Summer Games one is pretty tolerable, too. All the other ones are shit.

Good job, friend

:)

What does russia have to do with sentai?

Russia is always the big bad.

Everyone shits on this one but it's easily one of my favorites.

Although it seems everyone shits on everything related to our beloved CoD 76

mercy players need to be exiled to mercury forever

>Pharahs rockets now have 100 hp and can be destroyed

yes/no

So is it a good thing for my quickplay games to see only Plats to Masters on the teams? Is it a sign that maybe I should give Competitive a real try?

absolutely useless

literally only aimbots would be able to take them out

>Tfw never seen defending team win on Lunar Colony.

Closest I got was only undone by the other team all unleashing their ults at the same time.

>100 HP
I guess Soldier could helix them.

I wound't mind it if didn't had those pants, looks so out of place.

Same goes for cyberninja hanzo skin, with that cloth on his legs

Just gonna post out the fake shit so you retards dont take the bait next time retarded e-celebcancer tards or shitposters try to create fake hype

Didn't the voice actress for D.va suggest there was some kind of big reveal today?

even if the defense is technically winning the teamfight, attack can still win the game because it's so easy to C9 the point and not realize you're losing it or for a Mercy to just fly in an rez
such a shitty map design wise, they need to make it harder for attack to get the highground like Hanamura does

I'll say it a thousand times, this skin would be fine if he just had hair.

>Play Symmetra on Horizon Defense
>Lose point A fast, whatever B is better
>Use my turrets on each the chokes, mainly the right one from the defender's viewpoint and hold it alone
>Win, get POTG

I like it. A good map for Symmetra in my opinion.

Thanks for the tips, but what does "Los" mean?
Are you a girl?

2bh I tried this meme s3 and ended up in low silver so I got tired of healing faggots and switched to pharah and got to gold in one (1) day.

And honestly nobody gives a shit if there's a pussy talking in voice chat so fuck that eloboosting crap entirely I didn't see any of it.

Upper or lower choke?

a good map for symmetra is a bad map for everyone else

Yeah heres your big reveal :^))))

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0DutLp7Rw

Why is Mei making that face?

Lower. Though new the end of the match I moved some of my turrets to cover the upper choke as well

Pharah is best Imouto.

> that face

Methinks I'm about to be tilted.

Just give her damage drop off so she can't just float and hide while poking outside of Soldier and Mcree's falloff and actually has to commit to something.

I'm saying it contradicts a desire to be nothing but vindictive and seek to destroy everyone around you by being a ruthless mercenary.

>playing McCree on offense
>a retarded comp, we can't get past the choke
>"mccree u suck"
>he steals it from me on defense
>has easy time shooting the diving pharah
>"see im better than u"

MCCREE
IS
ONLY
FIVE
YEARS
OLDER
THAN
PHARAH

>communication is shit
Stopped reading there

There is nothing wrong with Pharah, the problem is Pharah + Mercy or even just Mercy.

Ice Dildo.

I think it has its charm, but so many people are into the mariachi's which I can understand, its just this feels more fitting.

She's a silly girl. Although I really wish you would get some more information on her personality and stuff, because apparently her New Year's resolution was something about controlling her temper?

Also some cancerous faggot I was in a game with the other day suggested she is a cannibal.

That MEI waifu is a cold-hearted cannibal.

Thanks bro. I'll try it out. on PS4 :^)

im getting pretty fed up of joining losing games for 10 seconds, losing, and then having to play with the trash until enough people ragequit

this

For the memes, us girls do this all the time.

I can't get over that awful editing. What was she thinking?

>bring the boys out

Haha