/acg/ - Armored Core General: The Second Beef Jerky Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>You ain't seen nothin' yet.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>B-b-b-b-baby you ain't seen nothin' yet.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Here's somethin' that you're never gonna forget.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GC-HQCb2RWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not linking last thread
woooooow

That's a thing now?

For the past few threads, someone asked for it and then it was

Yeah, because otherwise it's hard to follow up on previous thread conversations since not everyone saves each thread in their favorites / history, especially for people who don't post every day.

I've got you though, senpai.

>180564171
>What are the odds of a new AC game coming out to the PC? I fucking love Armored core but I haven't played a game to completion since Last Raven (I played V day a bit but I had stopped playing console games by that point)

About 0 to nil. PC emulation is pretty good though. A PC armored core isn't very likely since From doesn't make PC games. First of all, they would need a publisher for AC (which hasn't been confirmed yet, and the only publishers they have, Sony and Kadokawa, do not port PC games) and second off, they would need to justify the expense of a port internationally.

Dark Souls was only on PC because of a massive petition for it. And that was after it sold well in the US. AC doesn't sell well outside of Japan, which means you would need a massive US presence to justify the PC port (since Japan doesn't buy many PC games).

If it happens, it has to happen one of two ways:
>Some other publisher out of nowhere comes and has From make a PC port of the next game because they know the PC market
or
>New releases slowly gain more popularity and eventually there's enough of a fan outcry that the publisher justifies a PC port, like souls did

>when you hear an amazing song in an Armored Core game and go to your /acg/ certified Armored Core Music Collection and it isn't there
It's becomes more of a pain when you're trying to finish off a soundtrack but the tracks aren't numbered.

>I've also noticed that the world map in VD is pretty fucked, Texas is a crater, africa lost its horn, half of California is underwater, etc.
I don't see any of this man. I've tried google the world map of ACVD and comparing it to a real map, then just launching the game to get a more clear/bigger picture and i still don't see any of it, it looks normal to me. Am i blind or are you crazy? Or are you referring to the maps you play in?

What game?

>What game?
I presume you're talking about the game soundtracks? I've had to fill in AC4, AC4A, AC2:AA, ACV, ACVD. Granted, I think a good portion of the missing songs are the 40ish second tunes, but there are also some proper songs missing.

I see, I'll fix that in a little bit. I use to just download the music I personally liked so when I made the collection I didn't think about how it wasn't fully a collection.

You downloaded each song individually? Damn that's dedication. I figured you downloaded an official album but they excluded some songs for whatever reason

can we have more in-game screens? i think theyre rad as fuck

what does /acg/ think that AC could teach other games to do right; and what games could teach AC how to something right instead?

bum

bump.

Difficulty and progression.

Too many games based their progression and difficulty around "Get higher numbers" where you have to level up or unlock better weapons to get "stronger". Or they withhold the ability to overcome certain challenges by making you require a weapon (or worse: A key item) to advance. It feels artificial and forced, like they made a video game that would be unique for a single battle and then stretched it out over an entire game by arbitrarily blocking your way to progress.

But AC isn't like that at all. Yes there are sometimes slightly better parts that you unlock later on and playing efficiently allows you to buy more things, but they're wholly optional and only increase your AC's power if you already know how to combine and use them.

To get make your character stronger in AC you have to actually -get better at the game-. You have to learn how to control your AC better, you have to learn how to build better and what the stats do, and you have to learn to adapt. Yes, other games sometimes require those skills too but they're always secondary to the overall "level" your character is or what key items you've unlocked. Simply being good isn't enough to advance further.

I think that's what has me coming back to AC so much. No other game really does that, except for maybe stealth games like metal gear solid or racing sims like gran turismo.

This is what always bothered me about dark souls. Your character can get stronger without understanding the game any better, and while you still need to figure out stats and strategy your level always has more of an impact on your overall damage/defense than anything else. If you understand AC, you don't need to buy a lot of equipment to build your ideal AC, it rewards you for applying your knowledge to the game, whereas Souls always rewards players for grinding as many levels as possible or abusing the roll mechanic.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Somehow reminds me about that pic of why AC is the favorite game of 2 brothers

youtube.com/watch?v=GC-HQCb2RWc

Another day at the assembly.

what pic? 2 brothers?

AAAAAHHH

yes that one

love it