Apartments in cali

why are there no $200-$300 apartments in California? Especially in Los Angeles?

i hate living at home with my parents, they aren't bad people i just don't like living with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/12/05/technology/micropad-housing-san-francisco/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you cant find an apartment anywhere in cali for $200 my dude

Seattle outskirts

>mfw paying $700 for a tiny ass room in a LA suburb

Lrn 2 live with roommates autismo

Lol I lived in San Francisco.. LA is way better

You can find a room for 700-800-900 with a room mate in a good area pretty easy I think. Look around and get a job

>$200-$300 apartments in a prime location

Do you understand what demand is? I'm not asking if you understand supply and demand from an economic perspective. Just, do you know the dictionary definition of the word "demand"?

Look into things called Microhousing or micro apartments or something micro.

It's like a very small studio apartment, sort of like a small closet, that's built to accommodate poor people. I read an article a month ago about how the city of LA is funding the development of them as a place for people who have lived at a homeless shelter for so long and are in a job program or some shit.

Since you're poor, why not just bum it at the shelter for a month or two, get a job they offer you, and inquire about this housing?

Sorry, it was SF, not LA.

money.cnn.com/2016/12/05/technology/micropad-housing-san-francisco/

Supply and Demand.

The Demand I don't understand. For some reason so many people think Cali is heaven on Earth.

It is not.

You got Hollywood to thank for that. Aside from Vegas, many people see this decaying hole as heaven thanks to popular culture.

>The Demand I don't understand
I'm not sure why.
The weather is better than almost anywhere else in the country, you can literally BBQ, golf, hang out in a park, etc. even in January.
There are fine bitches everywhere, most are in pretty good shape too, because they care more about looking good here than most other places.
LA is a place that affords you multiple opportunities to meet connected people, which can lead to even greater things.
It kind of stands to reason the cost of living is so high, you have to pay for the privilege of that sort of setting.

You just wait until the quake happens, son. Then heaven will become hell and the devil will rule the Earth. You'll be praying for Snake Plissken to save you then, sinner!

>You just wait until the quake happens
The same thing will happen that always does: A few people will die, a bunch of shit will get ruined, and a couple hundred thousand nervous types will relocate to Phoenix.

get married, have a kid, apply for HUD housing.

Silicone Valley too.

LA attracts normies and SF attracts autists.

>Silicone
Silicon

a week?

This user is right. i went to LA some months ago, and it's a beautiful place to live, seriously.

I want to move to an apartment in California so fucking bad. I'd be so happy if I could find an apartment there for 700 with roommates and just wait tables and sell music on the side. Damn.

Where do you live now?

A month

Discover Barstow
Just a quick drive from everywhere you want to be
I have plenty of rental spaces still available. Act fast before the summer rush

You get those exact same things in Southeast USA for 1/2 the cost and without the smog.

You get exactly none of those things in the Southeast USA.
>weather is not as good
>girls are not as hot
>people are not as connected

>Barstow
that's shit

>lets go have a drink in downtown LA
>2 hours of stop and go traffic to get there

$395/mo tho

> $300

Better start learning Spanish.

You can find studios around downtown LA for $500 but you have shared bathrooms with the whole building. Gross. Get a gym membership and shower there instead.

There definitely is affordable housing in this city and county but people expect to find $1/square ft apartments in white neighborhoods. You have to slum it.

I love living in the SE. You can rent a 2000sqft house for $700/mo. I personally rented a 2-story townhouse for $425/mo. Shits cheap.

Moral of the story: M O V E

For an entire apartment? That's pretty cheap yeah.
I'm in Ventura country and pay $700 for a room in a house with two roommates.

:p

To be fair, Orange County is pretty nice is you can afford it.

LA Veeky Forums meet up?

Just move to Las Vegas or Phoenix once you're done with school. It's a lot cheaper there.

LA is smoggy and disgusting. The San Diego area, more specifically La Jolla, is far superior.

> Learning Spanish
Fuck that. Learn C++.

You don't get paid as much over there though

It wouldn't be that bad if you weren't dependent on cars for everything. I live in Boston (pretty expensive) but I'm able to bike and walk pretty much everywhere which saves me hundreds of dollars a month in gas/car insurance/maintenance.

It's such a travesty in CA too because of how nice the weather is. If CA had decent bike infrastructure I'd just buy a half decent 1000$ road bike and never look back.

You must not have been, then.

Yeah, I used to live there.
It's miserable in the summer, you start sweating before you've been outside 5 minutes. A huge percentage of people are obese and lack basic dental care.
This isn't really debatable. Everyone knows people along the coast in Cali tend to be obsessive about exercise and appearance. That and the weather are some of the biggest reasons rents are as high as they are.

What is Atlanta? What is Miami?

What is the free market?
Why are rents and property values higher one place than another?

I've never heard of a $200-$300 apartment anywhere without roommates, let alone California.

True. Unless you fill a specific niche you're looking at $400/week.

lol nice pic

I was unaware there were places to live for 200$ a month, is that actually real?

Yes you can

A 1 bedroom 0 bath, with 4 roommates, is easy on $200

I live in a shit part of California and pay 775 to rent a cottage.

LA and the bay are 700 for a room.

Have fun sucking your moms tits until she dies and then you end up homeless

MICRO ANYTHING ARE FIREY DEATHTRAPS