Is this the solution to our hate of big touchscreens while still having interiors that are appealing to soccer moms?

Is this the solution to our hate of big touchscreens while still having interiors that are appealing to soccer moms?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/03/31/nhtsa-rear-view-cameras/7114531/
patents.google.com/patent/US3875676A/en
secretentourage.com/lifestyle/autos/cost-of-ownership-of-an-exotic-luxury-car/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can imagine laughing at how shitty that thing is in 2028 when I see one for $16000 on craigslist. There really is no solution to touchscreens. They aren't going to age well. However, there's no way to not have them with all the features people expect to have these days. Everyone just needs to go the Tesla route and get it over with. The operation of screens is fine as long as it's done right, which nobody has managed yet except for Tesla because everyone else is doing these half ass Rube Goldberg solutions. Once some other carmakers take the plunge we'll see some well thought out screen setups.

I just hate those obnoxious tablets that sit on top of the dash
Also how does that compass work? It's not flat.

>Also how does that compass work?
My guess is it probably points the arrow in the direction you're going but that's really just a guess.

>chronometer
Always have to kek at the faux-classy BS they put in luxury cars.

there's been a solution for quite some time
the d3 a8 has something resembling that

It's probably not a "real" compass and just a digital gauge for the compass sensor in the GPS

>control the A.C. with touch
>good
3 knob hvac and power plus 6 favorites for radio was the peak.

>3 gauges
>oh cool
>look at the pic
>ambient temp
>compass
>clock
absolute shit

You can do all the climate controls and radio controls with the steering wheel buttons/scroll wheels on Teslas.

>On March 31, 2014, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it would require all automobiles sold in the United States built beginning in May 2018 to include backup cameras. On October 31, 2016, Transport Canada issued a similar mandate beginning at the same time.

There is no solution unless more manufacturers put the backup cams in the rear-view mirror or the guage panel in front of the driver.

Gotta love legislation that makes cars more expensive and allows them to design bigger SUVs with even less rear visibility. I don't see why this is required on, say, an MX-5 with big mirrors.

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/03/31/nhtsa-rear-view-cameras/7114531/

The sensor for the direction is somewhere else?

I would have preferred the black piece under the gauges to be the display. No rotating piece, which when it breaks in 7 years will total the car.

That last one on the right isn't a clock.

You're aware the car is a Bentley, correct?

tell me what it is then cuz it looks like a clock with no hour hand

Steering wheel buttons and scroll wheels suck with winter gloves. Knobs and big buttons do not.

the solution would be for manufacturers to go with some kind of standard (like double din) for all their screens and only use android/apple car play instead of their own shitty nav systems

this would mean they'd have to design enclosers for the screens that can easily be opened for screen replacements

this will 200% never happen though

From the picture in OP you decided not to read - Temperature, compass, chronometer.

Aircraft have similar vertical "card" compasses.

Here's the patent application for it: patents.google.com/patent/US3875676A/en

>... the compass card being journalled in the housing to rotate about a central axis perpendicular to the card, a magnet means journalled for rotation about a vertical axis within the housing, and gearing for translating rotative movement of the magnet means to the compass card.

Yes, I'm also aware that I'm not in the target demo.
None of us probably are, so we can be more subjective.

Bingo.
You can't get rid of tablets now; they're here to stay because a lady ran over her kid because she didn't look while backing out.
"Think of the children" and all that.

I can kinda understand backup cameras on trucks and large SUVs, but they're pointless for sedans and especially pointless for my hatchback.

What I'm saying is that a spinning tablet isn't going to total a Bentley.

That's government for you. Big, dumb, and expensive.

>winter gloves
You spend a lot of time fiddling with your A/C and radio with winter gloves on? Teslas have preconditioning anyway so it will already be warm by the time to get into the car, steering wheel and seat heat included.

cars with fuckin multimedia buttons on their steering wheels have great enough heating that you won't need gloves kek

>To try to break through, a coalition of car-safety advocates and parents sued the Obama administration in September. Two parents who accidentally backed over children were the lead plaintiffs.
Of course! Instead of being a good parent and securing your kid's safety, gotta have government shove yet another nanny into your life so you don't have to think about such important things.

Fucking hell people. We've had cars since the early 1900s and horsedrawn carts since God knows whenever and all common sense dictates "get the fuck out of their way". This legislation was unnecessary and definitely benefited the manufacturers of these backup cameras. Follow the damn money.

You're aware the car is a Bentley, correct?

secretentourage.com/lifestyle/autos/cost-of-ownership-of-an-exotic-luxury-car/
>The cost of ownership on the Bentley makes it the second most expensive car to maintain in our line up.

so its a clock

No, you ass, it's a chronometer.

its a clock

I hate women so much.

clockmeter then

>women ruining everything
well emagine moi shock