Why are you poor fags not making six figures? It is so easy and takes less than 5 years

Why are you poor fags not making six figures? It is so easy and takes less than 5 years.

>aviation - air traffic controller
>only 2 years of schooling
>can get at community colleges
>only cost 2k a semester if you don't get any financial aid
>easy to find a position after school
(2 years into 5 year plan)
>start training after hired
>start around 50-60k
>get a few years exp.
>show mastery by 3 years in
(5 years since u started school)
>now making 100-120k
>can retire early
>making 170k

Veeky Forums TOWER, SHITPOSTER FOXTROT ALPHA GOLF, OVER YOUR MOM, REQUEST VAGINAL INTERCOURSE

Because I have no self control and keep crashing my cars hooning and having to spend all my money on repairs or new cars.

In United States, don't you have to be picked by the government, run through their school and pass through a toughish program.

Also how good of a memory do you need to have? Can you learn yourself to have good memory? I'm always amazed that they can mentally keep track of various requests from 3-4 retards bumbling around on radio, all stepping on each other.

I dont care about money that much

this isnt Veeky Forums related either

>In United States
The land of student loans.

>Also how good of a memory do you need to have?
You can compensate by spending more time on studying.

>Can you learn yourself to have good memory?
You can learn to use your memory more efficiently, that's fore sure; but who says that you can't develop better memory?

>I'm always amazed that they can mentally keep track of various requests from 3-4 retards bumbling around on radio, all stepping on each other.
Practice makes perfect.

plz reveal which airport tower, I want to know where casual Veeky Forums memes on radio is allowed.

A&Ps in the right part of the industry can make bank. Pretty sure my college buddy is making ~80k/yr AND gets to go along on trips with the planes to any international destination the bigwigs need to go to. and he got that job maybe 6 months after we graduated. Get into management or maintenance planning and you're set. Private jets/business aviation is dope

Same thing though; 2-years or less for the cert, plenty of tech schools across the country offer it. Granted most are pretty shitty and can't afford to do more than go over theory, but still, the license is what matters.

>>Veeky Forums

Also OSCAR PAPA INDIA SIERA ALFA FOXTROT ALFA GOLF OSCAR TANGO . OVER AND OUT

Why do I feel like this is bullshit and nowhere near as simple as OP is making it sound?

OSCAR PAPA INDIA SIERA ALFA FOXTROT ALFA GOLF OSCAR TANGO request dildo, Foxtrot Alfa Golf Golf Oscar Tango over

Its not that simple, it is one of the most stressful jobs in the world

No career is that fucking simple. You have to get a degree and train to do something you'll likely find boring as fuck if you don't have a true passion.

I live in my car so I have basically zero expenses and can go wherever I want and do whatever I want. I'd rather have that than $100k.

Seems like somebody read an air traffic controller school pamphlet

because I can spend 4 years getting an engineering degree instead and make more money.

A) I couldn't do that if I wanted because I couldn't pass the required background or mental health checks
B) I'm pursuing my passion instead which isn't very easy to make money with, but I love it

If a person is enthusiastically throwing income figures ("You'll make $xK, and later you'll make $yK...") left and right he is obviously a young person that just looked at a job online and is really eager to get into it. Gung ho.

You forgot:
>be working 12 hour shift b/c airport is too cheap to bring on more controllers
>be worked to the edge of insanity due to long hours and high stress environment
>commit suicide on one of your allotted 20 second bathroom breaks

>the most stressful job in the world
>spend all your time in a dark room (radar controller) or staring directly into the sun (tower controller)
>get blamed for disasters even though pilot is ultimately responsible for safety
>you lose your native dialect from trying to speak perfect general american
Sounds like a great job...?

Am I the only person that finds it unsettling that they let an autist be an ATC?

>Extreme obsession with things being in particular order and not deviating from accepted norms

seems like a match made in heaven to me, in all seriousness

Why is this on Veeky Forums???

have fun with responsibilty of human lives m8, im happy being a factory worker, 50k a year, no responsibilitys. also Veeky Forums from doing manual labour 12 hours a day

>Why do I feel like this is bullshit and nowhere near as simple as OP is making it sound?
Because OP is just posting his fantasy and hoping theat other Veeky Forums people who know more than him can validate his fantasy for him.