Mfw the libfucks actually believe that electric cars are good for the environment

>mfw the libfucks actually believe that electric cars are good for the environment

guise... they bought it...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MQLbakWESkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he thinks drumpf will be elected for another term
o boy im laffin
THE ROCK 2020

this is the third post you have made in less than an hour on this board that is 100% political

this shit is against the rules

it's the fault of these rural and suburban retards

You're a trolling tool OP.
They are far the lesser of two evils, as long at they use clean energy like nuclear & renewables for charging instead of dirty coal. There is no question EV is better for the local environment as they don't output c02 & other particulates.

y'all white folx is demons pay me

>Solar is clean
>Wind Turbines are clean
Opportunity cost my dude, read a book.
Nuclear is good tho.

Here's a question? What do we do when the Lithium Batteries die out after 6-7 years?

>politicians disagreeing with scientific conclusions

we dump them in africa,duh
just ask elon

Electric is the most direct way to power a vehicle. It was going to happen in the end. The environmental aspect doesn't really matter to anyone; it's just a mild long term benefit for crowded cities and a shallow speaking point for companies, just like your own rhetoric, OP.

>anonymous internet poster disagreeing with the most powerful men on the planet
you're the perpetrator of a fallacy by the name of "appeal to authority", i humbly suggest you kill yourself

Yup, it's laughable. Libtards really should be put down.
He's not, you dumb fag. The construction of the lithium batteries that those pussy cars use produces more carbon emissions than you driving your shitbox for 20 years. Sure when it runs it produces less, but the construction of that piece of shit itself is a disaster for the environment.

>Lithium mining with those big ass trucks
>Resources being sent to some shithole via a huge ship and back to be produced
>battery production
GOTEEM

Just by producing those batteries you burnt more diesel/petrol than over 10,000 people in their entire lifetime lmao.

That's a problem we're going to have to solve.

Keep recycling them for their cobalt and nickel and just evaporate brine and collect more lithium from salty deposits until the market makes recycling more valuable. Lithium production won't be an issue.

>most powerful men

Just a politician you idiot, I therefore suggest you just stop breathing.

>lithium
>mining

Yeah, just like fracking was the only way to get oil, right? Not like there was just the shit ready to be pumped up directly for decades.

wut

you have yet again commited the crime of a fallacy by the name of "appeal to authority", i humbly suggest you kill yourself

This is a lithium "mine." You pump up lithium rich water up from the motherfucking atacama desert and let it evaporate in pools. You can extract lithium from minerals, but it's cost prohibitive right now. Later on, lithium could be extracted from sea water too.

FUD. Did you pull these figures out of your ass?

Actually, it's the first. You have me confused with someone other user.

>youhavenowresortedtopostingpictures.png
i humbly suggest you kill yourself

>Resources being sent to some shithole via a huge ship and back to be produced

What is an oil or gas tanker, fuel tanker truck?

By the same token what are the carbon emissions costs for oil & gas. The overall cost of the distribution system.

>regular cars
>fuel is stored in the tank
>fuel turns to energy in the engine
>car moves

>electric cars
>fuel is stored in some powerplant
>fuel is burnt and the heat is used to generate steam
>water turns to steam and spins turbine
>turbine makes power
>power gets sent hundreds of kms to charging station (lmao the fucking power loss)
>gets converted to DC (more power loss lol) and put in a battery
>then finally drives a motor and moves the car
so energy gets changed from one form to another, losing power at each step
this is supposed to be efficient lmao

Oh no. Green text.

>steel magically appears
>aluminum magically appears
>oil magically appears

>Oh no. White text.

>regular cars
>fuel is stored in the tank
>fuel turns to energy in the engine
>car moves

Yes, let's ignore the oil refining process entirely.

energy doesnt get converted back and forth here though dork, its just liquid being distilled

haha get run over by a Leaf

I don't give a fuck about emissions or miles per gallon, I can just have an old diesel that will run for 1 million miles and a carbed V8 as a second car but if you tell me your shitty electric cars with 100 mile range are more environmentally friendly don't expect me to listen to your mental gymnastics.
In fact the most environmentally friendly thing to do is buy an old car. That's real RECYCLING and guess what it's FREE.

Or ride a bike*

haha ur mum

Here's a challenge for you old man. Stick your mouth over your exhaust pipe, & tell me how environmentally friendly it is after 5 minutes.

>wrong

Here's a challenge for you, you little shit. Take a stroll through a lithium strip mine and tell me how environmentally friendly it is.

youtu.be/MQLbakWESkw

Libtards btfo

Wait until I run for president in 2024.

>what is energy used for extraction
>what is energy used for moving crude to refineries
>what is energy used for refining
>what is energy being used for transporting millions of small batches of gasoline on a daily basis to end sellers
Or you could fuel one power plant and directly supply thousands of cars through the grid. Most power plants produce excess supply, especially during off-peak hours. The losses between a power plant and consumers aren't significant. Converting from AC to DC is done at like 90-95% efficiency or some shit.

A normal engine will have an assload of thermodynamic and parasitic losses (something like 70% of energy is lost) and you're dealing with ICE engine after ICE engine involved in the supply chain. EVs don't have that problem. They don't passively drain energy either. You've got the lowest amount of driveline loss possible in a self-propelled vehicle through an electric motor as far as I know.

Gasoline is becoming more cost and energy intensive to produce. You should be all for normies switching over to EVs and leaving the gas to you. That leaves the market open for purely enthusiast and utility level ICE vehicles while the masses get their efficient, automatically driving boxes to go brain dead in. You benefit from an increase in local air quality too, and a stronger electrical grid in your city. I don't see a problem.

I'd stroll through it & live to tell you about it you old fart. You on the other hand wouldn't be able to breath again let alone fart.

Oh no.
>bottom text.

oh this fucking thread

>he doesn't consider the resource cost of the creation of the car, the creation of the infrastructure, and the distribution of these resources
>he only considers the 0.0000000001% of pollution that comes from car emissions

Were you born retarded or did it happen over time

NIGGAS BE LIKE
>BOTTOM TEXT

>how many zeros hero

FUD

Nobody is going to argue the production of either electric vehicles or traditional gasoline vehicles do not come at a cost. You conveniently want to ignore the costs of the later. What about all the environmental disasters we've had? You going to ignore those as well? No my dude, it is you who is suffering from retardation.

Its more environmentally friendly to buy a used car

Right, because ICE cars just materialise fully formed at the dealership and every filling station in existence is a naturally occurring phenomenon above all bottomless oil wells.

>the costs of the later
>of the later
>later

opinion discarded

>create endless pollution building infrastructure and new manufacturing for a product that emits no emissions pollution

I wonder what the emissions debt is based on all the infrastructure and new types of waste you're producing, the infrastructure to support that, etc etc etc

Oh basically infinite compared to your "payments" towards that debt of emissions saved? Nice to know

>being this fucked retarded
Let's not forget that huge wind farms and solar power plants can barely power our cities, do you actually think they could handle electric cars? Let's also not forget that wind and solar farms are extremely hazardous to the environment, you have to destroy land just for wind farms. Both wind and solar farms have killed countless birds.

Electric cars aren't going to fix the world. Plus lithium mining is worse for the environment than oil drilling

Whether you do or do not believe that global warming exists and is caused by humans either directly or indirectly, it is an irrefutable fact that climate change is the best marketing scheme society has encountered in the last century, perhaps longer

>"I-it's simple though! We just need to change ALL OF OUR INFRASTRUCTURE TO ELECTRIC! Also, simply EVERYONE HAS TO USE ONLY ELECTRIC DEVICES! It's a really modest proposal. It's really simple after you REBUILD LITERALLY EVERYTHING and use the government to completely undermine the established car manufacturers and energy sector! Nevermind that our economic system rests purely on the energy sector!"

it's so EASY though why WOULDN'T YOU

This. Get an old 4-cyl econobox and convert it to LPG.

>because thing is the way it is today, it will never not be same thing later
You're spouting party line bullshit fed to you by oil jews, m8. Think and research for yourself. No one's trying to save the world with electric cars; that's literally advertisement. It's a market using relatively new tech that will take time to mature like any other fucking technology, but there are potential benefits that you'd be a retard to not recognize (like a fucking power grid that's robust as hell).

>Plus lithium mining is worse for the environment than oil drilling
Source?

How about you jump into a chimney of a coal power plant you retard

You silly retard. You don't have to destroy land for renewable type farms.
Solar farms in the desert.
Cattle grazing in wind farm land.
Wind farms in the sea.
Both oil & battery production are no doubt very harmful to the environment. I haven't seen a compelling argument to say mining lithium alone is worse. As we've seen with oil it can be absolutely disastrous.

You do have a point on killing birds though. Here is -1 retard points for you.

Stop taking the bait from /pol/shitters you fucking morons

>ICE
kys
If you buy a used car that's exactly what happens tbqh.

>Wind farms in the sea.
I came to the conclusion you're either iq 50 or trolling. Do you know how much energy, money and effort it takes to produce a wind farm in the sea. Don't forget the maintenance as salty water destroys metals that wind turbines are made of. You honestly sound like a woman at this point.

Heh. Good night ol' fella.

You're just being triggered. Get over it.
Why are you asking such stupid questions? Obviously less than the return on their investment. Honestly you sound about 12 at this point.

lol

They're shooting themselves in the foot. If one random ass lurker learns something, it was worth it.

Daily reminder that buses (or better, trams) can move more people using less fuel than cars

Hourly reminder that scooters are cheaper, easier to maintain, have much higher fuel efficiency

Minutely reminder that with bicycles, you never have to worry about fuel costs or emissions, you'll never have to pay a regular tax to ride around with them, and you can actually get exercise riding around in them

Secondly reminder that the cheapest and most environmentally friendly method of transportation is to fucking walk you lazy shits

For that matter, we may find in the future that we need petroleum for far more important shit, similarly to how scientists are terrified that we're rapidly plowing through our Helium supply for dollar store balloons when that shit is great for labs because it doesn't react with anything.

Just make the ships and mining trucks run on batteries as well. Problem solved. ;)

Electric cars are just fucking gay. I'd drive one if they were less faggy and soulless.

t. person who doesn't give a shit about the politics involved

EVs are not without their own faults. Most of their pollution comes from the production rather than propulsion (like ICE). Mining and refining the materials to make the batteries is very destructive to the environment. You're right about EVs pushing to increase current electrical output but that is not usually brought up when discussing EVs. Another thing is just how are we going to strengthen the Grid?

>but the tesla is SOOOOOOO fast

Why did you bump this? Use the sage function.

Nevermind I was looking at an old catalog view

they're usually out in the middle of the desert and it just tastes salty

>lets embrace the EV and save the world guiz! Fuck combustion.
>lives somewhere that relies on diesel for all it's goods and suffers from a already taxed electric grid.

most of co2 emissions is from smaller vehicles that could easily be electric converted, and eventually cross country rigs will be electric converted as well
the grid isn't especially taxed, it's just old

remember, the current battery technology is probably temporary, there's an assload of various alternatives in various stages of development and any one of them could be double the mass energy density of lithium or half the cost or triple the charge time or whatever

Different user here and you're right, but the fact technology is shitty as of today should *prevent* from manufacturing EVs/hybrids, not encouraging them. They are not the solution. Yet.

unfortunately sitting around twiddling thumbs until everything is "good enough" isn't really an option. CO2 is a moving target and even if every new car suddenly became electric today you'd have to wait ten years for the majority of cars on the road to be EV as they slowly trickle down through the used market. not to mention other countries still spitting out CO2

so we gotta move fast as fuck boii

Why is North America being forced to up it's co2 game? Our vehicles are clean. What about fucking china and India and their ethanol burning 2 strokes?

we basically raped carbon for a century while they were barely rubbing steel together.
so what you're saying is "fuck you china and india we got to use carbon like crazy but you cant because nyah"

And? It's our god given right to have more rights than anyone.

Well somebody's gotta make my cheap shit but they could stop being so cheap and clean it up slightly. Were still not even remotely close to "raping" carbon. Being blessed with reserves of it gives you the right to use it. We still got lots left.

I think that cityfags should adopt electric vehicles and have the cities install a bumper car like power grid all over the top of the roads desu
brb
>cityfags get electric cars without giant heavy expensive batteries
>no charge time
>countryfags and motor enthusiasts can still drive on the road