Tell me why I shouldn't get a used chevy sonic for super cheap for the year/mileage to use an an uber/lyft car

Tell me why I shouldn't get a used chevy sonic for super cheap for the year/mileage to use an an uber/lyft car.

Because resale value

Get a civic. Youll thank me in the future.

Think long term gains, OP. Not short term. You might save a few grand on the daewoo chevvy at first, but come the day you sell it after its broken down 3 times, itll be worth half of the civic or corolla.

Or just get an older Camry or Accord I fuckin hate compact cars for ride shares.

>Because resale value
I'm planning on putting >150k miles on it in a few years, I'm not planning on reselling anytime soon, just running it as deep into the dirt as possible. I live in vegas, hookers and tourists will likely be puking in the back seat of this thing for as long as I have it. Resale is not an issue, and in fact, I'm looking at the sonic specifically because it has horrible depreciation, meaning I can pick up a 2013 with 40k miles for under 6k.

>I fuckin hate compact cars for ride shares.

This. Get a midsize or fullsize sedan if you want good reviews, the KDM chevy has tiny rear seats and your passengers will be uncomfortable

>resale value of a 10k econo car
literally who fucking cares lol

>dude spend 5k more now so you can save 2k later
see above

Just get a civic for 3k. A newer sonic does nothing better.

>inb4 vtak

>Just get a civic for 3k. A newer sonic does nothing better.
uber/lyft cars have to be 10 years or newer, and in most areas 5-7 years or newer.

uber/lyft is a shit way to make money. get a real job.

I hope you realize they dont pay for your gas

you should definetly pic a car that is really common in your area. donĀ“t get something exotic to freak non car people out.

U wot. I'm fat and 6 foot 3 and am comfortable for short trips in the rear seat

Since you'll have to pay for your own gas, the smartest move if you want to make money is to get a Prius or some other used hybrid.

Because after you calculate
>time
>hours worked
>tire wear
>oil changes
>maintenance
>depreciation
>brake jobs
>taxes
>many places requiring special licenses
>ubers cut
>and gas

You'll make barely minimum wage. With the occasional weekend of a little extra. It's been proven time and time again that the REAL take home wages from Uber hover at less than $10/hr. Uber is a fucking scam. You are paying them to use their app and do all the work.

Forgot that you will also now be needing commercial insurance. Which means you'll be making about $8/hr in a busy city like LA.

The very fact that you yourself had to qualify it "for short trips" indicates the problem. People are gonna be a lot pickier about cars that aren't their own. Nobody taking an uber wants to be stuck in a backseat where their knees touch the driver seat, which is why most people I know drive using Camrys or at the very least Corollas/Priuses/Civics.

There's also the fact that the chevy uses cloth seats as standard. Pick up drunk assholes enough, eventually someone's gonna vomit on those seats. Vinyl can be cleaned to a decent degree, but cloth might get permanently stained.

Short as in less than 2 hours. Uber shits don't last that long

Also uber is a shit tier way to make money, get a real fucking job

Is your sonic even an RS mate?

>uber/lyft is a shit way to make money. get a real job.
I make more money driving with uber in the city than I did working for metro as a dispatcher
Yeah, and? You can drive 50 people on half a tank of gas if you're on the strip at night.

>or at the very least Corollas/Priuses/Civics.
corollas and civics have less rear leg room than the sonic does, surprisingly.

Friends dad does Uber every once in awhile. He makes enough to do it instead of sitting around watching football

>uber/lyft cars have to be 10 years or newer, and in most areas 5-7 years or newer.
Damn, really? I had a guy pick me up in a Buick Century.

Are you supposed to tip uber drivers?

Even taking into account depreciation of your vehicle, the fact that you don't get benefits such as health insurance, 401k, PTO, stock options?

>the fact that you don't get benefits such as health insurance, 401k, PTO, stock options?
What? How many 20 year olds do you know getting health insurance, 401ks, and stock options do you know of? Not many.

Health ins maybe, most people won't ever see the stock options because employers have rigged it to where you have to stay with them for 4+ years before those start to kick in, so unless you want to be stuck in your current position with MAYBE a single pay raise for the next decade you shouldn't stick around for more than 2 years. Gotta move on to move up.