Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Shitposting chatrooms:
discord.gg/5k3sVzC
telegram.me/robinhoodgeneral

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using stockcharts.com, finviz, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

therooster.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/2seethru.jpg
3xetf.com/ETF_List
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Opinions on ABX? Posted an excellent q4 and yearly earnings, projected to have an even better 2017 and is a gold that pays dividends. Also just payed off 20% debt

They are in a good position to grow, if the gold bull market continues to the ~1300s they will easily end up in the 30 per share range

We are still in a long term bear market on gold though imo until these interest rate shenanigans are over, this is the bounceback from heavily oversold conditions but once the USD resumes it's uptrend momentum the dxy could easily reach 105-110 once the federal reserve starts seriously cranking on the rates.

Long term inflation is good for gold though, the only reason rate hikes are bad for gold is because it raises the value of the USD and that diminishes with every rate hike (an increase from 0.25 base points to .50 is essentially doubling the USD, .25 more to .75 is only 33% etc) and the higher low this year is promising but two or three rate hikes in a year could potentially cause 1000s in gold again

I'm a jnug memer for the current short term trend but ABX and BTG are my two stable picks at the moment, HMY is nice but about as volatile as jnug if you want something that's not a decaying ETF but still really swingy and TGD can be an acceptable speculative growth pick as they could easily double in value whenever their projects start production

Looks like good news for it coming in. Wonder if its going to shoot up tuesday. If it doesnt, you might be in for a dip.

I think I'm going to buy in on Tuesday after watching for a good dip. If it goes up I'll blow a day trade for quick profit, and if it keeps dipping I'll do the long hold for future profits. Kind of opposite sides of the spectrum but I think it's a good way to solidify profiting

Post your weekend holds

Also jnug is probably going to bite me on tuesday but it should bounce back very quickly, if you're cautious wait and see if jnug hits the 10.xxs for a really nice spot to buy in. I'm greedy and sitting on it a bit too high in case the USD continues to drop and all my fears are completely wrong

1215-1220 is the worst I could see gold fall to short term and then it will trace back to attempt breaking the 1245 resistance again. At that point you might want to sell in case it fails for the third time, assuming miners follow jnug would be in the upper 10.xxs at 1220 with upside potential around 12.xxs, pretty nice 10-20% gains if you buy in low

If abx keeps dipping into the 19s a long position on them is a good choice if you want relative stability, check out BTG too they are a bit more volatile but have some of the lowest break even costs in the industry at around $810 an ounce

Vtsax

AMD, SBGL, TAHO, and IMMU

>BSTG

muh nigga

$Ceru, mi gente!

Do you think itll shoot up pre market?

Not likely, though the market did react to Trump's conference about reiterating tax cuts which moved the market in a good way right before the bell closed yesterday.

If we want to see potential good gains we're holding for a good while.

>30 dollars for every penny

Good god. How do some of you sleep at night.

Reminder to stop buying securities

options and wealth creation aka how to make big boy money:

Step 1: Go to optionhouse.com, make account, fund account
Step 2: login, press giant button that says "launch trading"
Step 3: Learn how to use the platform, git gud, make a watchlist called "moneymakers" and put DIA, SPY, VIX in this watchlist along with DJI SPX and NDX
Step 4: Go to "Options" screen
4b: Be astounded at how complex this shit looks, think of dwarf fortress
THIS IS WHERE GUIDE BEGINS
OPTIONS= "IOU" to pay X "strike price" at Y "expiry date" for 100 SHARES (IMPORTANT!)
STRIKE PRICE = Value of OPTION contract
(IMPORTANT!) EXPIRY DATE= Day OPTION must be EXCERCISED (IMPORTANT!)

More: OPTIONS have NO inherent value if the security doesn't reach the STRIKE PRICE

OPTIONS have value because the price difference of the underlying security and the OPTION's strike price+market value

An "in the money" option is an option whose strike price+cost of aquiry = less than market value of stock

THING THAT DETERMINES UNDERLYING PRICE ACTION IS THE SECURITY HENCE BIG SECURITY MOVES = BIGGER OPTIONS MOVES

>inb4 triggered pennykids

Cutting my losses

How do I get into insider trading without getting caught?
I work as an accountant for a mid cap company that is publicly traded so I get access to all the numbers long before they are put public
Im too scared to do it myself I need somebody to act as a smurf for me but I have no friends I trust enough, how do I go about doing this?

Go big or go home. I wouldn't have my capital that I currently have without blowing them on memes.

Find a friend you trust enough or become a frog poster and just put out the stock randomly with some identifier that people would only know if you posted way back. If you wanna get us in on some gainz.

Otherwise maybe a family member? Just give them cash so they can deposit it into their own accounts and have them open up an account with a broker and therefore they're using your money under their name but can trade for you.

why are you introducing options? The volatility on options without any understanding of options strats would destroy the portfolios' of most gambling addicts on /rtg/ faster than any meme stock would. For every guy who made a 300% return on a put or call, there is a 100 more that lost it all.

t. triggered pennycuck

>optionhouse.com

Doesn't even work

It's
>optionShouse.com

you dumb nigger

Keeps the riff-raff out

Is it better to buy individual securities in your tax deferred accounts (either type) or in a taxable?

Where my CTRV niggas at?

I know this is gay as fuck, but I don't believe in trading zero-sum markets that are mostly bankrolled by depraved gamblers.
You're buying lottery tickets that, if they pay off, will be paid using the money of some alcoholic loser who thought he could win back his kids' college fund by staking 10k on a credit spread on a company that makes acne medication.
Unless you're actually numerate enough in the Greeks to have an edge, in which case you're taking candy from sad middle-aged babies.

What should i be reading and studying in the off hour? All the finance news sites are just full of political shit. I want to know where i can hear things like that NAK conference.

>there are newbs here who have still not bought LODE
Will be 1 dollar by July

>tfw 3 month ban is almost over
Account got restricted from buying cause I went over a day trade buying power.
Didn't even know they had that.

High volume pre spike penny stocks under 3$?

Please listtherooster.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/2seethru.jpg

Now that the DAPL pipeline is full speed ahead should I put everything in ETP? I went passed the day trade limit so I can only really do long term

Yes.

I bought ETP and SUN Jun17 calls.

Anyone else planning on keeping an eye on CIE? Stock is volatile and cheap, and their Q4/year end report is on March 8th. Could be a bad report, but I might look to get in on a low dip just because it spikes so often

solid downtrend

dipping my toes into forex this weekend

already have my Oanda account made

We're all gonna make it bros

What causes a bio company to go up?

What causes a semiconductor company to go up?

What causes a mining company to go up?

its not a ban from trading

its just a ban from using unsettled funds

y-you didnt take the past 3 months off from trading because you thought you were "banned" did you?

How do you guys feel about orbk? Lots of people say its going to rise to as high as $40 and ot would be noce to get in now. Dont get whats causing the revenue to go up.

Margin accounts get frozen whole hog.
Margin in general is a work of the Hebrew.

Then what the fuck does this mean? Is it a prank?

That means you can't buy and sell the same stock with a margin account you dumb fuck

You can still trade just not buy and sell the same stock in a day

kind of embarrassed to ask this, but what exactly is a commission fee in terms of per trade, if its (bullshit number) 2 dollars a trade, can you buy 100 stocks in a single trade and get charged only 2 dollars?

you autistic monkey, did you not read the original post you replied to? he said he is banned from DAY TRADING. Which was shown in . Now next time think before you post you illiterate dildo

The commission is per transaction, so yes, you could buy 100 shares of a certain stock for one commission fee of $x

Earnings plays next week?
TSLA, AAP, WMT

DELET THIS

Cryptocurrencies

SOMETHING FOR YOU STOCK FAGS TO LOOK INTO WHILE YOUR GAY ASS REGULATED MARKETS ARE CLOSED

>WMT
dump this piece of shit
Buffet the mega-cuck even dumpted it

You know your gambling is bad when you wish Trump was assassinated at this last rally so you can drop your JNUG bag =(

Why?

I just made an algorithm on Quantopian that
>Is long only
>Leverage below 1
>40% per year
>5% max dd
>Avoids PDT designation
>Works on robinhood
Anyone interested?

Interested.

Have you ever used quantopian?

Fuck that old cunt. I guarentee it's going up. Screen shot this nig nogs...

Nope. Make me rich!

Based. Thanks user. I'm moving my $2k from RH to OH.

instead of options why not shorting something like gold until it dips during a rate hike announcement? Then selling the shorts and then buying at the dip?

What resources do you use to learn about options?

Any reasoning?

holding RGSE, just fuck my shit up senpai

What about TGB? They have earnings next week and I think they dropped too much last friday. I'm thinking about playing that

PLX. Everything in PLX.

Me

Is URRE gonna hit a quick dip then come back upwards of 2.20 on Tues? it seems like it's due for one

All you have to do is publish a slander article about the company right before the option expires, then use your automated trading and huge pool of capital for leverage to strong-arm the price to close at the exact value you need.

EZPZ

This sounds like exactly what I want to do.

I literally bought the HOD. JUST.

I've been holding SPXL for weeks. Can someone tell me why I'm retarded?
You're not supposed to hold 3x ETFs overnight, but I'm literally holding this shit over weekends

that's actually not a bad idea if youre sure the S&P will still have room to run without corrections. Ballsy, though.

I hold 3x etfs for as long as the trend holds, it's worked really well with dgaz for natural gas downtrends and will work well in gold and ugaz when natural gas begins to rebound etc

Just pick the mid term trend correctly and ignore the 10-20$ moves unless you want to go insane and have a heart attack every five minutes, holding jnug in a gold upswing is ridiculously profitable decay or not and vica versa for jdst on a downtrend, most important thing is to be correct on the trend and cut your losses early in case you're wrong.

now if the S&P crashes and burns you're 3x as fucked but that goes for everyone else too so you'll be in good company at least

what are some good 3x etfs to play with besides the S&P one?

SPY goes up on average, so I could also just hold this through corrections and even downturns, right?
Why not just go all in and hold this shit for years

I only like to play the 3xs that I can kinda predict the trends on (DWT UWT UGAZ DGAZ JNUG JDST) but there's several for even specific country indexes (RUSS and RUSL) or sectors etc, if I were more knowledgeable about emerging markets I'd be all over the russian and brazil ones

a simple google gives me 3xetf.com/ETF_List

No, because of decay you do NOT want to hold a 3x etf through a downtrend, they are extremely risky and will not recover to the earlier levels due to fees and decay.

Look at jnug in gold's downtrend, multiple reverse splits, if you held jnug since 2014 you would only have like 10% of it tops by now. One S&P500 correction could totally wipe you overnight if you did not buy in low. I like to hold these for one or two months at a time but ONLY if it remains in an uptrend and to get in relatively early, the slightest whiff of the trend turning and you need to get out. If you bought jnug at 30 last year, you will probably not make it back this year because of decay even if gold goes back up to 1370, but if you bought in this year when it was 5 or 6 and saw the trend beginning to turn you made bank to keep holding onto it

I kind of feel bad for telling that kid to hold TVIX over the long weekend, but who knows. Maybe Pyongyang will nuke Seoul tomorrow and everything will work out for the best.

What's everybody's weekend holds?

> XGTI 125 @ 2.17
> CTRV 118 @ 1.61

CTRV went up to 1.77 in AH leading up to a conference in Shanghai this weekend. If we get some positive PR this thing can fly.

XGTI has me feeling like a pic related

I fucking want anything "crash" or correction out my system

JNUG

You're not holding from $13 are you...?

41 [email protected]

Gold still has a lot more to run, the stalling at 1245 repeatedly is worrying but looks more like a repeat of what happened at the 1215 level before pushing higher. Low volume of gdx and gdxj meaning most institutional buyers are still not convinced or bought in yet and it hasn't even reclaimed the 200 DMA, odds are it will push higher and higher into the 1300s by early april. Now I think two rate hikes are possible this year, one in summer and one in q4 so I'm not counting on a repeat of 2016's june-july gold rally but the with the EU being so politically unstable it's certainly possible. All it would take is for a surprise french election result to be brexit 2.0 for gold but it's not something I'd like to gamble on

>There are literally people right now on /rtg/ that don't own any DRWI

How heavy are those bags, my friend?

>DRWI
why the fuck would i own this shit stock that has done nothing for the last 5 years but go down?

dat projection

lol

just search 'DIREXION' in RH

616 shares my dude

Can any kind soul loan me some BTC so I can buy this memecoin. I'll pay you back tomorrow I promise

33wSTSg4j32ECfCrp1Y2c1uMyrkN1KtaER

Pretty heavy :^(

go back to the crypto thread you nigger, never come here looking for handouts again you floor-licking scum

Damm it took me 4 hours so someone can buy my limit at 1.55. Try CTRV though.

Now I know very little about equities or equity movement in general but if there's ever a time to go uvxy (assuming it goes up when the s&p goes down) it would be right about now in my eyes

look at that fucking graph holy shit calm down S&P jesus christ, if gold looked like this I'd be hitting jdst pretty hard

so has retarded pepe shown his/her face ever since the DRWI recommendation?

What do you look for in the MACD?

He's probably still here. Someone just trolled us

Idk breh.. I feel like the moment I sell, it will go up.

See that macd bounce right before it? Looks like the same exact thing, maybe a little bit of upside and then plop. Again if this were any of the commodities I follow I'd be going against it immediately with a decent position and definitely not staying long but big S&P equities aren't really my thing, just what it looks like to me from the chart

You should sell, this mentality is how I went from -15% to -50% unless you can come up with any real reason this company that is consistently losing money would bounce. Never fight the trend