Literally the fastest car on the planet

>literally the fastest car on the planet
>seats 7 people too
why does Veeky Forums hate this vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/ >seats 7 people/type/op/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

epic

because none of us can afford it

1. Veeky Forumstists can't afford it
2. Not Japanese

How can it fit 7 people?

There's no way 7 American can fit in car

Maybe because electric powered cars are a scam...

Why's that

how fast is it around a track?

literally any track?

its not a car its an iphone with wheels

>7
how?

4 in front, 3 in back

>electricity isn't free
>it's no better for the environment
>electric prices will go up when people adopt them
>the battery replace cost wipes out all savings and then some
>limited travel distance which means two cars, again negating the savings
>lol recharge times
>lol recharge stations
>lol stopping for at least an HOUR every 200 miles
>mining precious metals for batteries is expensive and nasty
>it's a waste of time when we could be focusing on other sources of power

Fair point

>seats 7 people
What

I finally got to ride in a Telsa that a coworker has and it's ridiculous how fast they are. It's like that superman ride at 6 flags.

The passenger seat was squeaky with only 5K miles on it though which was a bit odd

2 rear facing seats as a third row

Tesla's interiors are garbage for the price point desu

>why does Veeky Forums hate this vehicle?
Because you can't manually shift it

/Thread

Woah, this image brought me back to my highschool days when I was stoned as fuck 24/7. Good times. Thanks for the image, friend.

>Garbage interior quality for the price point
>Garbage build quality
>No sound
>No shifting gears
>Limpdick mode after minutes of spirited driving

That's about it. I don't personally hate it but they have a lot of room for improvement. Once Porsche releases pic related, Tesla is pretty much done.

Full electric cars are a meme but electric motors in addition to ICE is the future.
>I N S T A N T T O R Q U E

Municipal electricity production is much more efficient at turning fuel into usable power as compared to millions of tiny internal combustion engines as it is scaled up massively. No matter what fuel is used it's still better for the environment per kW. Electric motors also put down 80% of their stored energy to the wheels as compared to 20% with an ICE.
Also, inb4 electric cars just pollute the sane amount somewhere else

lamo the germans are so far behind on electric car after betting the farm on diesel their entire industry is shitting their pants over it.

>the fastest car on the planet
lolno

theres an option that puts 2 retard seats facing backwards by the hatch

electric cars only sell when there's major tax incentives

we have to a prop up the whole industry with taxpayer money

I dont see how an electric Porsche would kill Tesla, the thing will probably be priced through the roof which would put it out of reach for most people.

Won't be like that for long tho

Holy fuck read a book, the misinformation is real here

the whole industry being Tesla and one-of's from the rest of the automotive manufacturers?
Electric cars can sell just fine without tax incentives if the charging network infrastructure was actually worth a damn (outside of Tesla superchargers)

we'll see, Tesla spent 10 years building a shitty economy car that they can't even deliver

while nissan and chevy got it right with less time

tesla is a fucking meme

> Battery can overheats after few laps
Range also dramatically decreases
>Can only do fast launches that give those good 0-60 times 2-3 times even then car needs to be primed for it with a good charge

Basically its a good car for traffic and suburban life but shit is a joke in the stuff that really matter don't even get me started on it's questionable build quality see them all the time with giant panel gaps and also seen some with misaligned panels

Most municipalities don't produce their own power let alone have their own electrical utility. Granted what I believe is the future is going to be no different than the Diesel electric trains we have now using a ice for charging and powering electric motors.

Stop eating burgers then

Yes but you aren't accounting for the energy loss everywhere else in the chain

Literally not an argument

>fastest
By what metric? 0-60? Top speed? Retard Ring lap times? It makes for a good commuter, but the interior is awful and it looks off without the fake plastic grille as seen in the earlier Model S.

>electric car are future

>love electric car

>get stuck in interstate trafficjam because some retard boomer crashed his infinite torque tesla into a pole during winter
>run out of battery in trafficjam because using heater accessory in freezing weather to not freeze to death
>get stuck with 50 other shitboxes that've also run out of electricity surrounding you and the nearest highway exit
>100 cars have to be towed to charging stations one at a time before they get to your car

>brilliant

>genius

How many mpg does a model s get when using a reasonably efficient generator?

Kek

Literally slower than the FR-Slow in the only day to day metric that matters.

Hint: it has better mpg than a Prius

About 15 from a diesel generator, all the conversions between mechanical and electrical is heinously inefficient.

Lrn2EfficiencyChain.

>its a vehicle meant for transportation
>its good at that
>buts its shit at what really matters: track times

TRACK DAY BRO!!

>>its a vehicle meant for transportation
If that's all you want buy a bus ticket, it's cheaper & more environmentally friendly.

sooo true KEK

TESLA FAGS BTFO
>bu-but i-its not important baaaaah

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/ >seats 7 people/type/op/
Finally got a new image I Sags

>Implying there isn't worse energy loss in the supply chain for gasoline

There isn't.

I would love this. All the range of a diesel with all the exciting torque and power of an electric

Do you understand how much energy has to be put into the refining process? Crude oil must be heated to almost 1000 degrees F in order to crack oil and make gas. Not to mention the immense pressures. That is a fuckload of energy

Yes but it is still much more cost effective than wind and solar.

Cost effectiveness and long term viability are two different things

It needs to be viable in the first place to have a long term viability

So why are wind and solar farms being built if they aren't viable?

Can't speak for wherever you're from, but where I live they receive large government subsidies

>>literally the fastest car on the planet

Literally learn the difference between "quickest" and "fastest" you fucking retard.

>the thing will probably be priced through the roof which would put it out of reach for most people.

>implying Tesla performance models are

P L A S T I C
L
A
S
T
I
C

tesla shills will defend this.
imagine what else they cheap out on if they cheap out this much on the fucking accelerator.

That's a slow car though.

i8 is literally superior in literally every way

Lmao

>the thing will probably be priced through the roof which would put it out of reach for most people
And a 100k Model S or Model X isn't?

Yeah, because once ICEs get banned altogether (which will happen), new car buyers won't have a choice anymore

Its quick, not fast

Over their lifetimes electric cars pollute half as much as ICE...at best. If we really want to cut down on pollution, international shipping will have to be done by sail.

>Over their lifetimes electric cars pollute half as much as ICE
That's not true at all.

Why do you idiots keep replying to these daily Tesla threads, let faggot OP go bother /g/ instead

That's why I said at best. The half as much figure was from an engineer or something who actually likes electric cars.
Because predictions of electric and autonomous cars are somebody deciding the future of whats available to you and unless you agree that its the best possible future you're not going to be happy about it, but all the politicians are gearing up to force it into being anyway. Consequently, it pisses people off.

They activated their scheme too quickly. Plan was to get everyone driving a Tesla, then flip the "snap accelerator pedal" switch, forcing every car to self drive. We're on to you, Musk

A lot of the points in this thread are true (except anything involving the cars being worse for the environment, if you're going to say dumb shit go hang out with the /b/tards).

ICE started the same way in the sense that they had minimal range and limited application. I'm excited for the future of electric cars, it's time the auto industry got an update. The reason the cars are priced so high and so out of reach is the technology is still in development and research. Yes, I know, we HAVE electric motors but they're still far from what they could be. The more that's invested into the companies trying to push this idea of electric replacing ICE, the more likely they'll be able.

People hate it because people hate change. People hated when the automatic transmission came out, people hate sequential gear boxes, people hated cars when they were invented I'm sure. Yet here we are.

Sounds like the petro industry when it was getting off the ground.

>>literally the fastest car*****
***** 0-60 only. Limited access. Battery life severely reduced

>ICE started the same way in the sense that they had minimal range and limited application
Wait what? Let's ignore the fact that electric motors and vehicles predate the ICE, what were the limitations to gasoline, limited gas tank technology?

>it's no better for the environment

So you're trying to tell me that
>wind power
>solar power
>hydroelectric power
>geothermal power

Are no better for the environment than coal, gas and oil power?

That thing will be a premium car out of the reach of most people

Tesla is trying to make affordable vehicles, hence the Model 3

Fucking idiot

They aren't trying hard are they 260 3's a quarter.

>what is production scaling

Yes it will scale back with all the lay offs at Tesla.

>literally the fastest car on the planet

take it to a track then... oh wait no you cant because that piece of shit would overheat in a few laps

Fags thinking 0-60 times are everything

Mostly that it took a while to figure out how to keep an engine running.

But at least back then cars couldn't be controlled by anyone who wasn't personally inside the car.

0-60 is the only relevant day to day metric
sperg more

Yes of course user! The larger tanks would shake early cars flimsy chassis designs to bits due to gas sloshing around!

>Implying the Model S & X aren't at premium price points out of reach for most people

that's why the Model 3 exists, retard

Not happening??

>Model 3 exists

Really? Where?

are you gonna tell me those thousands of preorders mean nothing? dumb ICE cuckold

242 have been produced according to eye-witnesses

ur mum is the only relevant day to day metric

Because self driving cars will spell the doom for normal cars being legal to drive

good
you can't trust a human to control a two-ton death machine

VIN's up to ~400 have been spotted