>get to drive cars I would have never driven otherwise
>work with other bro-tier car enthusiasts
>nice big shop with professional tools
>have access to a quality lift to work on your own cars
>get to listen to any music you want
>loud masculine environment and chill atmosphere
>service advisors are hot as fuck so good eye candy
>hourly so I can smoke or just fuck around and get paid for it

Why don't you work in a shop yet, Veeky Forums?

>>hourly so I can smoke or just fuck around and get paid for it

your're fired. seriously....

I work at a real job so I can drive cars that you'll only be able to look at because you will be unqualified to even work on them.

12 year olds should not give career advice

Becoming a mechanic sounds like a good way to start hating cars.

Because I'd rather get my MBA and make enough to purchase a Corolla factory rather than work on people's shitty cars all day for $30k and pay $50k for a fucking set of tools.

Stay mad faggot

You too, faggot

Sorry you don't know how to spend money wisely retard

*le tip*

>mfw my boss and my boss's boss all chill and smoke in the shop too

You sure sound salty you fucking cuck

>work mostly on shitbox appliances
>only get to drive most cars in the parking lot
>work with other car enthusiasts (look at Veeky Forums or car meets: this is actually what a lot of enthusiasts in one place looks like)
>dirty small shop with tools you have to pay for
>boss won't let you work on your own cars
>have to listen to a shitty station no one likes because arguments will break out otherwise
>loud masculine environment
>service advisors are either old men or old women
>hourly so you get canned if you fuck around too much on the clock

Which automotive technical school do you work for?

Because I can earn more money without being coated in dirt and grease from other people's shitboxes. You're basically being paid to do the nagging gf part of car ownership without getting the benis in vageen part

THIS.

i worked in a shop for 5 years, most soul sucking fucking miserable job ever. went home sore and full of grease, neglected my own projects, dreaded going to work every day, the works. and i have a Canadian Journeyman and Redseal in automotive technician. i now work a job for 30% less pay not related to cars that i love

honestly i dont regret going to college etc because my diplomas are with me for life and i learned a ton but holy fuck anyone thinking about being a mechanic dont do it, its so miserable and soul sucking

also all the stuff you listed is bullshit, we had to buy our own tools and the shop provided only testing gauges and a steering wheel puller. we listened to the same 60s-80s classic rock on repeat, wasnt chill at all when the boss was screaming at us to hurry every 10 minutes so he could book more cars in. then when it was dead season from January to April you got sent home early or days off from no cars being booked in

There's a lot of different mechanic jobs.
I work in a restoration shop so I'm rarely covered in grease and I get to work on rare $200k cars.
Better than swinging a hammer which is what I'd be doing otherwise.

If I wasn't doing this I'd try to get a government job servicing fleet vehicles.

also to add to this we got most of our parts from Napa, what joy it was when their fucking reman Nissan and Mazda alternators and starters constantly failed again after 4-6 months and you had to do a miserable alternator again

that and the amount of people that wanted a job suddenly done Friday afternoon at 2pm (*cough* black guys and muslims *cough* or pulled some piece of shit that sat in a field for 20 years and act surprised when its a $2500 repair estimate is hilarious.

i used to service government and oilfield fleet vehicles specifically Toyota Tundra, Chevy Express and Savana, Silverado and Sierra and F150. fuck that, they drive the shit out of their vehicles and dick stuff you wonder how it was even possible. buses or something i suppose wouldnt be too bad but passenger vehicles sucked

I would, but not with cars

Because I have a job that allows me to drive my car (which you could never afford) to your shop and then pay your salary of smoking at work and instagramming pictures of my car that you wish you had...

This.

That's the point you retard. You're getting paid to do shit you'd have to do otherwise in your free time.

Sounds like you work in a shithole user, sorry it's not representative of all shops like the one I work at ;^)

See above

>implying I have instagram
>implying any of what you said is true

Nice bait, y'all niggas sure sound mad

I hate working on cars
I hate driving 99% of the time
I can listen to any music I want now
not a fag who wants to be surrounded by a masculine environment
most people arent worth looking and Im not that pathetic
I can do that now

sounds pretty shit to me

Garbage bait

>its another its bait because I dont like it post

(・∀・)

>tripfag
>hates cars and driving but on and automotive board

Yeah it's pretty shit bait

somehow not enjoying working on cars and commuting means you hate cars and driving

using your brain isnt your strong suit eh