Veeky Forums coin

Would you faggots help promote an altcoin if I made one?

are you retarded? check the catalog. most crypto shit is shilled here relentlessly, plus trump and pepe started here. doggo was the first coin that /g/ crapped.

anyone have any good ideas?

A cryptocoin that can only be mined on a super old PC, something ancient like a Pentium 1.

no i would beat you to death if you make a hundred billionth shitcoin.

How would that even work? And also, why?

it's not possible of course even a mobile phone could run a pentium emulator today.

you could make a coin that is immensely store intensive to mine basically having to use hdds because not even the ram is enough.

that would make gpu and asic mining out of the question.

i'm not sure if it's a good idea altogether.

If you can promise that ass to your supporters then yes.

fore example imagine a blockchain that is hashed the other way, basically from the newest block to the latest, thus to generate a new valid block you have to rehash all the existing blocks starting from a magic number that makes the hash end in n zeros in addition.

this would however fuck the nodes ability to quickly validate the new blocks in the ass they would have to do a lot of work compared to traditional cryptos.

this coin would be impossible to asic or gpu mine due to the sheer size of the data it needs to iterate through.

I3,I5,I7s would be mining 1 coin a day, making the coin relatively known among high-end users, but not profitable for them.
(Or reduce the rewards for high-end PCs to 0. Something like 1 coin per 100 days)

A PC from 87-99 would be able to mine 100 coins in a day. It would be a very fine pre-set limit between X and Y value. And you have to perfectly match it.

I'd love for everyone to stop being able to sell coins for 1 satoshi a piece and instead have some hard code in which only allows coins to be sold in limited amounts and for high prices. That way some richfag can't just buy 100k worth of coins, making mining useless and dominating the market. There should be a way to detect bought coins from mined coins.

Limiting the mining to super low-end PCs. The blockchain would detect what kind of old school components you have, not allowing you trick it.

It gives a chance for the super low wage people to make some cash, the people who actually need money, any kind of money.

The reason why it needs to be something under Pentium 1/Pentium 4 is because a lot of people still have duo core toasters, which makes the coins not very rare.

So old PCs would be answer. Those really old PCs everyone throws away and uses the CPUs for harvesting gold off of it. This could also potentially increase the price of old rigs and make collections of old pcs slightly more valuable than they are.

What would you change about my idea?

I still don't see a good reason w h y, though. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no way this is feasible; higher end PCs would emulate multiple Pentium CPUs, making them many times more coins than legitimate Pentium CPU users. Unless you think you could detect that in some way. I don't know much about you, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

>The blockchain would detect what kind of old school components you have, not allowing you trick it.
living in a fantasy world i see. if microsoft can't detect your hardware is legit oem hardware or you are pulling a fast one on them how do you expect any software to do better?
>have some hard code in which only allows coins to be sold in limited amounts and for high prices.
you can't fucking set a limit to prices from a crypto. they are not in the least aware of their price or the counter value of any transactions. wtf?

here's how we do it OP.

>create a coin, have a relatively low key announcement.

>place all the necessary things together, block explorer, etc.

>slowly accumulate your coins among the Veeky Forumsraelis, in the meantime we begin a large scale marketing operation

>call it Coin2, used for absolutely nothing

>we market it as the next generation in coin technology, hyping it up as an ethereum-bitcoin-fiat killer, which will bring about the next level of human consciousness and evolution

>we market it so hard that normies start to believe it, as well as speculators

>millions of dollars are invested into our completely worthless coin, which we keep pumping with each announcement even bigger than the last

>announce a cure for cancer with Coin2, effectively achieving world peace

>the dump begins, we all sell our shares of Coin2, becoming the new oligarchs of society

>we rule the now penniless upper, middle, and lower classes with an iron fist

>tfw still no gf

Attempting to make shittier cpu only coins js a bad idea. Botnets will mine them.

so basically like every other shitcoin to date?

How about a coin which was earned only through a software instead of soft+hardware? >inb4 video games
I'm talking perhaps something similar to Pokemon Go where you go jogging everyday with your phone? >Inb4 bots, hacks, tricks
How about quiz solving.. oh sweet fucking christ I can't brainstorm without Veeky Forums.

PoS? Those coins already exist where you earn coins by having a balance and keeping your wallet open.

>gib money!
>what do i get for in return?
>play money points!
>why is it good for me to have play money points?
>you get more points if you have points stupid goy!
>oh alrighty then lemme give you real money for play money points!

We already had a Veeky Forumscoin in 2014 breh, when this board was first created, search the archive.

How about a coin with random distribution over time, no mining.

Do you huff paint?
Maybe if you made this thread 3 or 4 years ago

It seems like the only way to make a coin which doesn't revolve around hardware mining and giving money away is by getting a main organizer to host events and give out coins to the participants.

I think a treasure hunt full of hints, puzzles, shit like an Amazing Race on the internet would be the only way. Otherwise how do we award coins without an objective judge? Computers can't judge.

how about you know nothing about blockchain security

sorry i haven't spent my whole life on 4chin

great idea. now people will mine for wallet collisions instead of blocks

sounds like a good idea but it gives the dev full control over everything. there really isnt a point to a decentralized currency if you are going to distribute it centrally

Frodank Kreygasm

YES OP, you are the greatest