So last night I started to wonder what would happen if I used car soap to wash a person...

So last night I started to wonder what would happen if I used car soap to wash a person. Either in a bath (soaking in it) or shower (using a scrubby). Google didn't have an answer. Can I wash myself with meguiars gold?

Yes, yes you can.

>not washing your car and yourself simultaneously

try it and report back
or test it on a cat first

You know that saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question", yeah, well, it is just a saying.

make sure you finish with the quick detailer spray

Wrongo, OP needs to get a Mexican to buff him to a nice polish afterwards. Don't forget to tip.

if you do this then you deserve whatever happens to you

Someone is jealous of OP's pampered new epidermis job. Did you fall for the MEEMCO $399 sham?

>using a scrubby
Come on man, that will leave swirl marks. It's like you want to lose all of your resale value

I expected it to dry out my hands like many soaps do, but it doesn't. You will probably slip in your bath/shower and die, it is such slippery stuff. I wouldn't do it due to the perfume. I do wonder how beautiful it could make my hair

Buffing is a duller shine compared to using actual polish
t. Car painter

I feel like car soap is about the only soap that shouldn't have perfume...

Detergent is detergent.
They add foaming and thickening agents to make the consumer think it's good.
More foam = more good, right? And if it smells nice, the customer will remember that smell.
Normally foaming agents are just a huge gimmick, but on cars foaming is the only time you could be somewhat right in saying that the foam helps provide a... Idk, 'capturing' layer for particulate.

Still, it's all a gimmick.

If it wasn't safe for skin the bottles would say to wear gloves when using it. That said, it would probably dry your skin out fairly noticably if you tried to take a shower with it, and be too bubbly to be useful enough.

Meguiars ultimate wash and wax does, it smells nice. My car's paint is still great after years of using only that product.

Unless you use a sealer and or a wax, the wash really has nothing to do with it.

I use meguiars gold class carnauba, my point was that the added fragrance isn't damaging the paint, it only improves the user experience.

I've got both their gold/yellow stuff as well as ultimate wax/M21 and blah blah blah.

My point was only that the wash just washes, it does nothing to protect the paint. The carnauba variant is only as effective as a drive-thru 'hot wax', if that.

If you even feel thrifty, their ultimate wax (and polish I guess) smells really fucking nice.

Dont get it into your eyes or mouth

Post results

>So last night I started to wonder what would happen if I used car soap to wash a person.

CURIOUSITY TESTED:
--- Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash soap
--- Sam's Club antibacterial hand soap
--- Head & Shoulders dry scalp shampoo
--- Dove beauty soap bar

The test used bare hands with 10 seconds of Star brand olive oil massaged into the hands. A paste of Cheer laundry detergent was used prior to each test case to strip hand oils and provide an even starting point.

All four removed oil on the surface of the hands. In terms of physical quantity needed to remove the surface oil, Dove needed the most followed by Sam's then Meguiars and H&S needed the least.

In terms of removing deep down oil that soaked into the skin, the observation method is highly subjective. But I tried to be consistent in terms of how after cleaning, I could rub the skin a little to see if I could work some of the deepest oil back to the surface. That would then signify the cleaning agent didn't pull out all the oil. Since any cleaning agent will do the same if given infinite time, I limited the washing action to approx 15 seconds of rubbing. H&S used multiple passes but only had 15 seconds of rubbing to comply with the H&S instructions to lather twice. Meguiars was least clean (poorest performer) at removing the deep oil. If anything, its mix of soapy chemicals left some sort of residue in the skin that didn't come all the way out with a reasonable rinse. It clearly is made for hard non-absorbent surfaces which don't absorb a residue.

SUMMARY: Meguiars is not properly formulated for use on absorbent skin as a residue can be left imbedded in the skin if a very thorough and water-wasting long warm rinse is not used.

Did you try jacking it with each one to test how many strokes it took to feel raw, or whether it would hold up as lube?

>not taking your car into the tub with you

Your test suggests that it is a good at removing what needs to be removed while leaving behind the oil your skin actually needs. It actually sounds like a nice body wash. I suggest a full scale test next.

no

So should we use it?

same i got nothing from this

Check your shit for a couple days after doing this. Hemorrhoids are pretty sensitive to becoming inflamed when your body absorbs toxic car shit (brake clean, aerosols, etc). Inflammation usually will cause you to shit some blood for a few days after handling. Eat fiber.

thats why you buff and polish you retard. you're not a car painter