Are jap cars actually more reliable than American/Euro car brands, or have the masses fallen for jap propaganda?

Are jap cars actually more reliable than American/Euro car brands, or have the masses fallen for jap propaganda?

1980-2000 Jap cars were genuinely better. Dunno about now, pre 80 they had questionable quality...

They are more reliable , German cars are the worst.

american cars are pieces of shit, european cars are aren't that bad but they are still pieces of shit

European cars are better than Japshit now.

t. balding cuck

Have USDM cars been not shitheaps for long enough to know?

Which is better: Subaru or Volkswagen?

Jap utility vs. German gizmos and interior

Now, Jap and American are on same level.

European is not as worst as back then but worst compared to Japs and Americans. They want you to come back so they can make money.

Italian and Koreans cars are the worst.
At least for Italian cars you get something that looks cool. exception is that one Fiat Miata, because it's jap.

Ehhh not really. Our Fiesta is a fucking disaster. Water pump, radiator fan and transmissions are fragile on them. Chevy Cruze's have problems. SOnics and Sparks are disposable. Dodge Darts suck.

Corolla and Civics are the only cars you should get unless you're wanting to go balls to the wall with a 5.0 Coyote. Americans have RWD and bigger motors figured out pretty well. 4 cylinder fuel sippers,, leave it to the Japanese.

no..I worked for an American automobile company. So i will give it to you straight. In western companies, critical aim is being first to market. Time delay means loss of revenue as per MBAs and suits. How this translates into product development is American companies find out failures in accelerated testing. But after crunching numbers and finding that particular component failure will occur only in say 3-5% of cars sold, they don't bother to fix it before releasing. This occurs much more in western companies, especially Europeans, as their brand is not built on the strength of reliability.

Ford fag here. This is the only post you should bother reading. If you're not getting a coyote, don't bother buying American.

Fuck u sonic a great cheap shit box

Yeah, such a shame cuz I really wanted to buy MERICAN, from my up bringing, buying a Jap car would be DISGRAC. Well I bought an Accord over the weekend and my redneck brothers were like, Good man, so much better than the fiesta....

Yeah and so was the Aveo (laughs inside)

Well if it makes you feel any better there are a lot of important car manufacturing plants in the American heartland. We have a lot here in Kentucky

*import

That and Italian cars.

Yeah and I was prepared to tell my dad and brothers my hondo was built in ohio or whereever. Kia/Hyundai is also in the south. I believe our Fiesta was made in mexico. Next generation Fiesta/ Focus will be chinese. I see some minor quirks about my Accord EXL, there's a definite "Honda" feel that I can't describe as well as a Ford feel, since we have an F250, Mountaineer, and Fiesta. Honda tends to have a heavy/ solid power steering feeling, all of our Fords are like, light and loose

I have a coyote 2016 f150 and it's the first Ford I've ever had that didn't have power steering pump whine. Granted, I have never seen a power steering pump on a Ford fail. Leak: rarely

I put up with a ton of shitty American Cars for the first ten years I drove.

Finally tried an old infinity g20 out of desperation because it was cheaper to buy it than fix either of my two broken American cars.

Never looked back. Five lux jap cars later, I don’t even like buying jap cars made outside of Japan. Japan made jap cars only for me. Also got my family out of the “we only buy GM in this family....” rut. Now they all drive Toyotas.

I’ll never buy an American car ever again. If I want to roll the dice with reliability and questionable interior quality, I’ll buy a British car.

Most of my family and neighbors converted to the
>whatever
>it's jap so it will pretty much go forever
mindset.
after growing up on murican cars that weren't expected to make it to 100k

Reputation isn't something you can (re)build overnight.

What decade are you from, user?

Cars sold in America with the highest American made percentage belongs to Toyota. THis includes all the components. Toyota and Honda top the list.

Subaru a million times over. My Legacy is stupendously reliable.

I'll probably sound like a generic cunt for saying this, but generally the older the jap car, the more reliable. Mitsubishi is a bit of an exception to that IMO.

New jap/American cars haven't aged enough to show any reliability yet.
Personally, I think they won't be as reliable due to the amount of tech going into cars now, and because cars today are designed to save the humans inside while destroying itself in an accident.
Older cars made by japs and americans were designed with stronger frames in mind, thus why they last longer.

That's just my own take on it...

I’m not interested in seeing the reputation of domestic brands rebuilt. They can all go to hell.

Every five years Chevy comes out with a new Gaylibu or something and pronounces it “finally we have bested Japanese segment leaders....” and then they get(buy) motortard car of the year (*new domestic cars only), and bribe a bunch of pressfags into saying that it is sipome revolutionary new direction for Chevy and nothing like they’ve ever built before, for real people or something.

A year goes by and the new Gaylibu blends back into the creaky rental fleet / poverty lease special for people with too little education and too many NASCAR souvenirs to buy a Korean car like most poor people buy, and a few years later, the “New” Gaylibu is made fun of for being a half assed has been attempt to soak up some sales in a market that has left Chevy behind. Then GM wraps itself in the flag, and goes to congress to to cry that overpaid executives won’t meet their yacht payments, and overpaid union schlubs with huge pensions will have to pay $20 a month for insulin unless they get a giant government handout to go make the next generation of recycled milk bottle interior, rock crusher motor, over spring, underbraked, shitbox with a rear leaf spring to start the “best murrican car ever!” Cycle all over again....

Except that each successive round, more and more of the car is made in China, Mexico, Korea, and canada...... so yeah, fuck buying American.

Like I said, if I want to take chances, I’ll buy British... I’m here to build my reputation. Not chevrocuck’s

What's your feelings on the Impreza? I'm considering buying one.

Idk, but if people did routine maintenance then their car should last a good while.
My experience with American truck's/suv's have been fine. They have all been 1998-2006 though. Interior may be shit, but the engine, trans, and body have been fine.
It's well known that the 80's american cars sucked, and jap cars rose to power in the 80's and 90's.
Japanese cars don't impress me, but most post 2010 are bland imo.

Either the 1970's or late 2010's because Japan's reliability myth is starting to crumble now

Chevy marketing department pls go

That's happened literally once you faggot.

The Japanese literally taught Americans how to make cars, that's why they caught up. They did it out of the goodness of their hearts too.

What happened once?

The “once” you are referring to lasted 30 years, and is arguably still ongoing. Hell. Koreans make better everyday cars than domestics.

congress does not regularly shell out money to Chevy. There was a deleveraging, drastic measures had to be taken.

It did not have to be taken.

They should have distributed that money back to tax payers.

You still see people driving 80s and 90s Honda Civics for a reason.

My dad worked in a UAW plant growing up and he'd always talk about the garbage they'd pump out. He worked on diesel engines and they would have ridiculous failures out in the field due to retarded workers and incompetent quality control.

Their Japanese competitors would build better machines that were cheaper, but the American brand stayed afloat thanks to large government contracts. Since then my dad's retired and they've moved all the plants down to Mexico. They make even shittier products now, but the CEO still gets the contracts and now gets to use Mexican slave labor. The price of the machines is still the same.

>
This. We're living in the Korean Age now. Hyundai, Kia, and whatnot.

You meant Koran, HA!

So are you going to ignore the demise of Mitsubishi and nissan, and the major recalls of Toyota, Takata airbags and Kobe steel?

I see so many people with Kia's now it's ridiculous.