Got a ticket for doing 21 over in Wisconsin last weekend. (225 bucks, six points)

Got a ticket for doing 21 over in Wisconsin last weekend. (225 bucks, six points)
>First ticket ever
I called up the DA and plead not guilty and will try to work out a plea deal. Is this my best option?

I called up my insurance company (State Farm) and they said driving records are checked randomly so the ticket may or may not affect my premiums(some people go 10 years without having their record checked).

Speeding tix last 5 years on your record here and points become obsolete after 1 year.

Am I tackling this the right way? Any tips? Thanks!

Get a lawyer, and let them handle it. The legal system is a game. You don’t know the rules. Get someone who does kn your side.

Called up two lawyers in my area, one replied saying it'll cost 750 bucks.
Waste of money imo

Oh and I should add that he said he won't get it off my record and can only get it reduced to 3 points. if he can't get it off my record I'm better off on my own

That’s cheaper than your insurance will increase over the time the ticket remains on your record.

He said he can't get it off my record. And what do I care if he gets it lowered to,say, 10 over? State Farm doesn't care about the speed on the ticket

Why are you asking us? It seems you have already decided what you will do.

I'm curious if people have anecdotal stories user. Veeky Forumstists drive fast

Got pulled over in VA doing over 80 which is an automatic reckless driving charge. Hired an attorney and he got it reduces to a faulty equipment charge resulting in 0 points. Don't be an idiot OP, call a lawyer.

Any tips on how to find a lawyer that's not a scumbag?

They are pretty much all scumbags. Just call ones that specialize in traffic court and talk to a few until you find one that doesn't sound retarded.

Alright, and do you agree with why I didn't want that one lawyer? 750 sounds a little steep

Lawyer up and buy a radar detector

Trust me, it's better to get it reduced no matter what. Employers look at driving records too.

>$750
Lmao. I've been 80 in a 60 and 60 in a 45 and both times I paid the same lawyer (Jewish ofc, this is key) $100. Got both dismissed each time.
This is in Houston. Lots of traffic attorneys.

Oh yes they do

You need a traffic attorney specifically, Google for one I guess? There will be someone who specializes in this shit in your area

>Am I tackling this the right way?
You need to get a lawyer to handle it. If you do it, they will confront you because you don't know all the technicalities to increase their costs and waste their time. A traffic lawyer is far cheaper than the infamous tort lawyer. These lawyers will get you a plea bargain that is better than what you can get by yourself simply because the court knows it's cheaper and faster to give a plea bargain to get the lawyer to go away. Otherwise, the lawyer will waste their time AND taxpayer budget money for their department.

While it sounds unfair and dirty (it is), that's how it goes. Others in my area have mentioned in one of those free tabloid weekly newspapers that simply having the lawyer means they immediately give you what you want and don't even proceed with the case further.

Having a lawyer must work. Just look at Frosty's example of how many times he evaded penalty by using lawyers....

I've called a few other offices and haven't heard back from them yet. I live in the duluth/superior area...small metro area so not much choice

I called them up and my insurance is under their fire company and they said it doesn't matter the speed on the ticket, just that it's a speeding ticket.

got popped in new mexico a few years back, i was going 74 in a 70.. little 5-2 chppier was indian and told me i had to pay on the spot. for 75 bucks to her,
i said no.. asked for mail in option.
mailed it in had to pay 120

still hate NM to this day because of.

Wait. The cop wanted you to give her money directly?

I mean obviously you mention you got served, but this seriously sounds like crooked TJ cop shit.

Too bad you didn't have that conversation recorded. Then you could threaten the cop to show their boss the recording unless they give you $75.