So Veeky Forums, if you had $28,000 to spend on a car, what would you get?

So Veeky Forums, if you had $28,000 to spend on a car, what would you get?

I am looking between the Forester and CrossTrek. What's the pros and cons of the two?

Lightly used GT mustang and pocket 10k in savings.

Forester is a bloated corpse of its former self. Crosstrek is the new Forester, impreza body with forester suspension. But in your budget, spoil yourself with an older Forester XT plus an engine overhaul and an adjustable rear swaybar.

A 3k civic and invest the rest of the money into a few simple mods

I'd get the impreza

What's so bad about the newer foresters?

What's the real difference between the new forester and crosstrek?

It's just fucking retarded huge for no reason. Used to be a boxier, lifted outback. Outback is also super bloated now. And as I said above, the body is the difference.

Used to be a boxy lifted Impreza. Maybe they changed at some point? Either way they are indeed hueg like xbox these days.

Pretty sure the outback was always kinda big

Go find a bug eye wrx wagon :)

i'd get a used 15+ mustang gt.

subarus are shit.

>says get a new mustang
>hurry subarus are shit
Wewlad

used to be an impreza wagon, now it's a fat SUV.

A good old BMW

vs now

I remember when they made it bigger than it used to be so it would fall into the light truck classification as part of the MPG regulations game.

THANKS GOVERNMENT

It's always been a lifted Legacy wagon, you clown.

Nah mate. Back then at least the Forrester was on the Impreza platform, not the Legacy.

The fozzy was Impreza based. The outback was legacy based.

I don't like the XT/CrossTrek

The one I am familiar with is a 1.6 litre gas with the CVT transmission, and lowest options

>pros
AWD works great
CVT allows you to keep very steady speed when creeping, which is good for getting through deep snow and going up icey hills
The different menu screens that tell you about where the torque is going and so on is quite helpful and informative
Good ground clearance

>cons
Suspension is a tad too stiff, you feel every bump and crack in the road more than you'd expect
CVT transmission is dogshit. Slow to shift between modes, noisy as all hell due to how it works, makes effective engine braking impossible
1.6 engine is underpowered, especially combined with the CVT
Lowest options package feels very bare
Rear view camera is useless due to how small and far away the screen is
Headlights and reversing lights are terrible
The stereo system is "meh"

Coyote 13-14 with a blower.

I bought this '14 GT in August with 4.5k miles for 26k. Base model with brembo brake package and some aesthetic mods. Roush TVS Phase 3 Supercharger & Roush Fuel System kit. 675hp kit so around 580-600whp.
Outside of a coyote I'd also look for an LS3 C6 vette. Can find them built or with blowers for $24-29k. Can find a nice lower mile light to no mod LS3 C6 for 21-24k.

Otherwise if you're just talking about a simple daily driver, I'd get a newer outback. Grandmother got her 2015 in 2014 and it's an awesome car for the money.

Since I already have a daily, I'd buy a really nice FD.