I inherited a small amount of money which is enough to buy 1 KG of a gold bar...

i inherited a small amount of money which is enough to buy 1 KG of a gold bar, and im considering putting it all into that.

Would you invest in gold? why or why not?
why is there such a massive difference of opinions about gold?

and where can i find information of gold compared to stocks or bonds returns? what information should i look at anyway?

It's a shiny metal. Women like jewelry made from gold.
It's the 0 dividend paying investment for cucks. You should buy it Op.

Eww no. Buy platinum instead.

great thanks for the informative answers you fucking retards. guess im the retard for asking on fucking Veeky Forums

wrong questions
wrong perspective

you don't deserve to own gold, die with the filthy investors in the monetary hell

If we are talking investment gold, probably not. At least if you intend to make money off it, then definitely no. You buy it for much more than the market value, the market price will probably never even be close to the price you bought it at. If shit hits the fan massively, gold will be worthless anyway.

I would say that it is better investment than GBP though.

buy gold when it goes below 1000oz

the dollar is headed up because the us dollar is the only good currency, oil is trading in dollars, and the usa is the world's largest energy producer.

Thanks for using the Veeky Forums services, we assure quality shitposting of the highest degree. If you want genuine quality on the internet then oh my god why the fuck are you even using Veeky Forums if you know of better places?

The only good place on Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums.

Give the money to me and I'll make it a million within a year. I'll take a 20% cut though.

you'll turn $37k into a million in 12 months?

>putting more than 10% into metals

enjoy zero returns in 5 years

why is 10% like the magic cap or something? so you would invest into gold but only at 10%?

gold is NOT an investment!!
think of it as insurance, you lose money on holding it but if shit happens it can pay off to have it.

fuck no. Bitcoin and Ethereum dude

If you have enough cash to buy 1kg of gold, then you also have enough cash to start up a small business like a food truck or a small cafe. One is used as a hedge by people with far more money, the other is likely to net you some returns if you have a workable business model.

>has over $40000 of expendable money that could be grown in a vast aray of ways
>wants to waste it all on a shiny 2 lb block
>investment

thanks for the constructive criticism

so what would you do

buy BTC

btc is even less of an investment than gold is.

>buy platinum
>pay vat because fuck reason!

If you don't buy bitcoin now chances are that you will be fighting outside of the laser turret guarded city walls with a hobo over some bitcoin dust.

OR

You will be shipped off to the lunar or mars bitcoin strip mines to slave away for some bitshekels. Or you could live on planet earth in shanty towns.

By the way the richest nations will be Nigeria and Ghana. Why? Look at google trends.

>paying vat

buy silver instead of gold

and why

so that you can pay higher premium + vat again obviously.

if you buy silver and expect to make anything on it silver has to double in price everything considered. while it can certainly happen the opposite is just as likely.

exactly because oil is traded in dollars the dollar is weak, that's an artifice, that's not a natural order, it's made up due to politics (US win exporting inflation, saudis in power win).

The dollar is headed up because current markets are completly delusional due to trump hype.

Veeky Forums, for fuck shake, you're retarded

It's a shiny rock and a third of the gold we know about hangs around the necks of Indian peasants.

If gold was a good investment then India would be the wealthiest nation on the planet.

Hey OP, I was in your shoes once, so maybe my advice will help out.

When I finally had money come into my pocket, the first thing I thought of doing was buying gold, just like you. The price of gold was climbing and I thought it would be a great investment. It wasn't. It was hard to find buyers for it, and the margins were so low I didn't make gas money driving to the buyers house.

After looking around, I decided silver was better for a guy like me, and it was much more liquid. I don't have enough income to value buy gold, so if the market crashed with gold, I'd be SOL. Long story short, I have about 10 grand in silver coins just sitting around.

I could sell it, sure, but I learned what metals are actually for: hedging.

You don't make money off silver and gold. It's speculation at best. If I were you, I would spend 10 percent of your monthly income on gold/silver and 20 percent into stocks and bonds. All this of course after having a 10000 safety net in a savings account. The gold and silver buying should stop once your stack reaches 10 thousand as well. Use it for protecting your money in the case of hyper inflation, which will probably never happen.

10,000 in gold and silver may not sound like much, but you would be a fucking king if you ever had to sell it off in a massive depression.

now that was solid advice

thank you

indians like gold for cultural and practical reasons both. practical being their national currency going to shit.

>but you would be a fucking king if you ever had to sell it off in a massive depression.
you had it going well enough up to that point.
cash is king in depression gold goes down the shitter. gold is a hedge only against hyperinflation and even then it's a partial hedge.

You only buy metals as an emergency fund in an economic collapse. Gold is retarded. Its way too high value to use to trade for food and shit. Buy some small denominations of silver coins. 1 oz or less. Also invest in water, food, and ammunition and store it in a cool place.

>Its way too high value to use to trade for food and shit.
actually 1g gold coins are kinda perfect. they worth around $30. i don't know what you leave at your grocery runs i usually around $60 to $90.

the thing about silver and i do own some bullions is they are inconveniently heavy and bulky. to carry any serious amount inn silver would make you look and sound like a hobo collecting tin cans in a bag.

Silver will be "too valuable to use as money" and a bitcoin will be worth a million dollars eventually

No, that's crazy. Eggs, basket. Put perhaps 10% of that into a gold etf if you must.

>gold etf

I've never understood why people do this. The prices of ETFs and ETNs based on gold are traded independently of gold's spot price.

lets get

P H Y S I C A L
H
Y
S
I
C
A
L

>1 KG of a gold bar

So you got what? $40k? Pay some bills/debts then put it in a high-volume ETF and forget you ever had it for a few years.

Do you retards realice that you don't need to be carrying around the shit to actually trade the shit?

No, you don't, cuz you're actually retards