Why do retards still fall for the all season tires meme?

Why do retards still fall for the all season tires meme?

They either live in areas that have the climate/infrastructure to not need snow tires, or live somewhere that they SHOULD need snow tires but have idiot friends who live in the aforementioned areas who tell them "just go slow lol you'll be fine" despite having never driven in anything more than a dusting in their lives.

>"Cheaper and more convenient"

And then they crash at first snowfall.

Not really any cheaper if you factor in the shared wear

Just don't roll the car bro

>unpowered rear axle
that's a honda or something in the OP

shoulda put shit tires on for maximum doriftoru

It's cus cops give out tickets if you don't have an M+S and/or snowcone sign on your tires. All season tires have M+S on it. It sucks in snow but if you don't have the money or space to keep another set of tires you might as well get all season so you don't get even poorer thanks to some tax collecting cops.

How can you not have space to keep a set of tires? Four tires stacked on top of each other is like the size of a laundry hamper, a fridge at most. Do you live in a portajohn?

Yeah, but realizing that requires some insight I doubt the all season-users around here lack.

>live in liberal high rent shithole
>400sqft
>use tires as table base

That guy has no excuse.

Damn user, post pics! That sounds asthetic as fuck

Fuck the police

All-weather tires are the better meme (snow tires meant to last longer in hotter temps).

my studded winter's didn't save me. people need to stop driving like retards as going the speed limit in bad condition is a shitty idea. there's always that bad strip of road ready to fuck you up

I just buy performance all-seasons because they last longer and are pretty good in heavy rain.

Nah it's a toy

yeah man im going to get winter tires for Louisiana where winter drops below 32F like twice during the season

ok guy what do
I live in florida and have summer tires now, I want to get new wheels, is it possible/worth to put my current tires on these. Then with my stock ones I'm moving to Colorado next october should I put all seasons on it or snow tires cause I have to drive it cross country

People only think cheap in terms of upfront price, they don't factor in longevity or potential costs in the future.

Humans are typically programmed to only think in the short term, than the long term. Its why Obesity and Credit Card can be a problem for most.

So a new driver and clueless moron here:
Driving with grippy snow tires during non-winter settings, is that just wasting special tire thread? Is it excessive and cause lower gas efficiency?

Umm its called the speed limit for a reason, why wouldn't I be doing it???

is that yours? sorry to hear that :<

whats wrong with all season ones? i live in the central yurop and our winters aren't really winters so i'm i'm rocking them second season

>not using whatever the previous owner left on the car when you bought it

You really shouldn't, the rubber compound is softer then summer tires and will wear out quickly. Also shitty gas mileage due to higher rolling resistance.
What time of year are you moving to Colorado? You should put winters on your stock wheels but why not upgrade your wheel/tire size for your summers?

did he died?

>own trackcar
>doesnt have a rollcage in it

Because the all-weather tire fad hasn't caught on yet.

Because the ones I settled on do bretty gud in the kind of snow I expect to face, at least coupled with the power of Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD (tm)

This year I intend to find out if they can swing it in a RWD configuration. I honestly was not terribly impressed with the mid-shelf snows I used last season.

>own convertable track car from late 90's
>no safety equipment other than front tow strap and ABS that's been disabled

the speed limit is for best driving conditions. you can actually get pulled over going the speed limit in snow though it rarely happens

yeah i really loved that car. thankfully these galants are built like tanks so the roof and bonnet only caved in a bit even though i flipped it forwards

>tfw tires are free for me
maybe they're just and can't afford winter tires

god Fahrenheit is retarded

It makes perfect sense. 0 is cold and 100 is hot. Who cares when water boils or freezes? It boils when the bubbles come up and then it stays at boiling temp for your ambient pressure situation until it boils away. It freezes when it turns to ice, depending again on your pressure situation and the fact (FACT) that it's not pure water anyway.

>tfw tires are free for me
how?

>falling for winter tyres
>not knowing tyres grip better in snow than in dry conditions
LMAO

So is Celsius.
>tfw Kelvin
>yfw 100K is exactly twice as hot as 50K

What tires should I use in Seattle?

The one or two days it snows I usually don't drive but it is rainy and sometimes icy.

My car is RWD

So in summation;
If you don't need to know something, just make up an arbitrary scale with 500 variables.

Nobody needs 500 variables. I'm sorry you have a nigger brain and didn't learn high school physics.

PO told me they could keep the winters in their garage and let me pick them up later
Just before the first snow i go to change tires, and found out the 'snow' tires are on original alloys
Meanwhile ive been rolling on steelies and that the said 'snow' tires have been all seasons the entire time
Old people lmao

>Nigger brain
>Physics
To clarify, you're the one defending Fahrenheit?

I don't need to defend anything, considering that I am not mad about units of measurement. I understood algebra at about 4 years old, but perhaps you still have a problem with it.

Not having winter and summer vehicles.

My summer is 89 325 is winter is chevy blazer with like brand fucking new soccer mom rav4 takeoff snow tires sourced in sping for next season. Its going to snow every fucking year best be ready for it.

It doesn't really snow in my part of the desert.

Oceanic climate
Last winter the roads didn't get icy even once

I've never driven with winter tires, just good all seasons. How noticeable is the difference?

I live in the northeast. They drop so much fucking salt before the snowfall and plow the fuck out of it constantly and contentiously salt it until its all gone. Eventually it all turns to one giant black fucking slush. Holy shit I hate nyc

It's not even about algebra lmao, what are you even doing.

>needing snow tires
pathetic desu

I've lived in NH and Wisconsin and used all seasons and never once had any issues.

Its call learn to drive faggots.

>Why do retards still fall for the all season tires meme?
Because I don't feel like buying another set of nice alloy rims for the winter tires. And no, I will not use winter steel rims. Even if I slide off the 1000 foot cliff due to my A/S tires not gripping, at least I will do it with style - I will have my alloy rims on.

>Driving with grippy snow tires during non-winter settings
In some cases, you might even have less control than with regular all season tires. In a past thread months ago, someone said their car felt more "wiggly" on the road when using non-studded winter tires on a spring time road.

>>Some other asshole slides

Hurr, I guess you better learn how to fly, too, because you're not going to be able to magically change physics since you can't accelerate or brake fast enough to avoid him.

You're literally proving the op's point. You think that everything is fine because you can get around normally with snow/ice around, and then shit hits the fan and suddenly you realize the extra 30ft it takes you to stop is going to land you right into the curb or that extra 3 seconds of wheelspin is going to prevent you from getting out of some guy's way.

>mfw that car has snow tires on
>mfw it didnt help
>where is your god now

In the south US all season highways are hands down the best. It rains a lot but rarely any moisture when it's below freezing.

All seasons are literally worse at regular wet roads than summer/performance tires are. All seasons just trade being remotely good for being able to drive on 1" of snow before they're useless.

>performance tires are better
no shit.
If you want some tires that won't cost you $1k a year then you get all season/highway tires.

Drove 2 years winter with summer tires in my peugeot 106.
As long as no gard breaking is needed all is ok

You can buy all seasons that are better on snow and ice than some actual winter tires.
Another thing is that plenty of people don't wear out their tires before they get too old, they don't benefit from splitting wear over 2 sets.
People want to make it illegal not to have snow tires for half the year due to a couple of days of light snow every second February, they can sod off.

I buy whatever decent summer tires are on closeout for half price.