Is a Mustang any fun to throw around corners, or does it feel heavy and dangerous?

Is a Mustang any fun to throw around corners, or does it feel heavy and dangerous?

Well I dunno OP, which mustang? 05+ have solid suspension geometry and will be nice enough with good tires. They'll never be a miata but 05 is when they really became competent. 79-04 suspension is much less confidence inspiring.

why are there so many threads about shit cars on this board?

modern ones should be pretty good, '15+ models have IRS

Fun to throw into a crowd

Heavy, no
Dangerous, yes

Never heard that one before, Jalopnik

Ayyy

They have a lot of body roll, just get some sticky tires and a good set of sway bars.

>V6

jesus rollerblading christ, remove yourself from the gene pool you degenerate

>America's sports car
>anime stickers

this pic has to be bait

>v6 convertible puke green mustang with anime stickers

are you just trying to trigger me?

C A L I F O R N I A

>v6 booger green probably auto convertible mustang in California
To think I share a waifu with this fucking faggot

It's heavy and you will feel it. But the 15+ are balanced and predictable around corners. and absolute shite in rain like most RWD sporty vehicles.

>being a waifufag

>they can’t handle the extreme power of the v6 mustang

>convertible V6 Mustang in the ugliest shade of green covered with anime stickers
I hope you got it with the 4.0L boat anchor and an automatic just to complete the package, it would come back around to being respectable

>The V6 mustang is a better car for cornering

There, I said it. The lighter nose makes it a more controllable and flickable car through the corners. Just stating facts people.

>that green

i still dont know why Ford thought that was a good idea, plus they made A LOT of them. must have been a common rental car spec at the time to keep thefts down since nobody wants to be seen in a car that color.

I wouldn't mind a 2011-14 V6 with a perf pack. Any easy power gains you can make on the Cyclone without going FI?

Where the fuck are all of these v6 mustang apologists coming from? Although you're not wrong just this once.

>tfw after selling my v6 and buying a used v8 (30k) miles I'd have spent $28k total
I want to die. don't ever do the ''v6'' meme.

It's alright. I take mine up on a 4kft touge every once in a while.

heavy cars are really fun for drifting as you don't need to go as fast to gather enough g-force to start sliding, even a 3.5 charger will slide like mad if you disable the nannies

I don't want to be this guy. WHAT DO

Just dont be a faggot when you drive

>that delicious Martini Olive green mustang
>it's a v6
>two of the best waifus
If you had original Asuka, you would have won it all, but still nicely done.

Blue and red: lazy as fuck countersteering, red didn't know when to let off, or how to let off gently.
Black: didn't even attempt to save himself. Should have eased off as soon as it got past 15 degrees sideways. Basically just go to an empty parking lot and practice hooning INSTEAD of attempting it in public. Each of these guys bought the car for the image, not for cars.

Green is best
Thanks sempai

Also it is a autotragic

It's the quintessential proof-in-the-pudding

The question often asked is "will a normal driver with limited experience be able to handle a much higher horsepower car without incident?"

The answer is sometimes. Typically higher horsepower cars cost more money, so the people who could afford them generally had better sense. The other side of the coin is Mustang, high horsepower for a very low cost.

Realistically a chef at Wendy's could afford one. That's why they're such a hazard

Depends on the year, newer ones are stiffer and more "sporty" and confident

Older models with the same engine 2011-2014 suffer way more from body roll but are also very capable if you can push it.

You should get a newer V6 senpai

*slightly less new v8

You should get a newer V6 was meant for you senpai

They're fun cars to throw around and they can definitely handle corners, especially the '15+ Stangs. I have a '14 5.0 Track Pack with the "outdated" solid rear axle and I love driving it through the twisties.

My dad has had an 08 Stang gt California special. I have driven it and it is better than expected then again I drive a truck.

This

CAI, Catback, tune to start,

Then work on getting getting coilovers and maybe a sway bar and strut tower brace

At that point you could've bought a V8

>implying being heavy and dangerous doesn't make it more fun.

Please, I spent maybe $2800 total on all of those mods, including new wheels and tires.

Car is much more composed through the corners and the performance mods with the tune make it a very exciting car once I'm ready to lay on the gas.

Im not saying its a V8, it'll never be, but its still lots of fun.

True, but they don’t make the legend lime color for those years

>Why didn't these people just let up on the accelerator to recover as they are barreling around out of control?

Looking at that image was the first time I ever thought that color looked nice.

I've heard that the euro spec Mustangs corner better then the American spec ones

i like your trigger car. good job at triggering

EU spec mustangs all have the "track pack" and other handling upgrades that are optional in the US

>never had a wet dream
sleep tight brapper

Dont drive a sub 2015 mustang.
The new ones are the first to be able to take a corner

Thank god these ugly soap boxes dont exist in europe.
Would probably make other people crash in disgust.

>'15+ models have IRS
you ever wonder why people don't take stangs seriously

>05+ have solid suspension geometry
You mean a solid rear axle? You call that good suspension geometry?

v6 cars are purported to be less nose heavy

they did let off the power
it made things worse

i want to make a boat joke but that seems a little too easy

> Mustang
> Corners
Pick one.

Surely these cars had traction control? Were they likely turned off? My car will not let me do any substantial fishtailing with TC on.

IRS or lack thereof doesn't actually mean much. 79-04 were bad due to bad front geometry and lack of a panhard bar on the rear axle, letting it float side to side. Just fyi.
If you quit falling for memes and do some research you'll see what I mean.
Yeah they turned it off to show off. dudebros buy the car for image but can't drive for shit.

Too many muricans who think bolting a 600kg inefficient engine and a CVT transmission to a skelter frame with some plastic bodywork glued onto it makes for a good car

>no panhard bar
wew

How did it take them so long to correct that? Was there some advantage to letting it float?

That's because you're a faggot that lets other people's opinion affect them

I own 2017 mustang gt with the performance package and still feel like shit and it feels heavy and dangerous in curves. I had it for almost 10 months and still haven got used to it.

I probably try to ghetto a 2018 sti RA

94-04 wasn't meant to exist. Probe would have been the new Mustang, so they reused the 79-93 chassis while they developed the new one. It *can* work without one, but not without stiff bushings that make NVH absurd. No advantage to not having one, really.

>think his pigfat supra handles any better
wew

Of all the weeb cars you pick a fucking supra like that's the norm

Was this really worth bumping for THAT post?

The new one's have to be. I don't even drive one, I drive a '15 fusion and it's fun to throw around curves.

>car makes well over 400 horsepower
>stock tires are 235 width all-seasons
How in the flying fuck do you put down power like this? I feel like the Performance Package is required if you simply want to use more than half throttle.

I bought a Mustang this summer and took it out to some twisties and it was WAY better than I thought it would be. Being mindful that I was still on public roads I couldn't ever get the tires to squeak.

That said the stock tires are shit. It was dry and 30 degrees (C) out when I did that. If roads are damp or dare to be less than 15 they are trash and I hate them. Pirelli P-Zero. If I did nothing but dry track days then they'd be great.

I look forward to burning them down to the belts with Line Lock mode in the spring.

Depends.
Are you coming from a truck or SUV or minivan or some landbarge?
It will feel great.
Are you coming from a miata or gt86 or MR2?
It feels like a pigfat slow landbarge.

Yours? Looks nice

Yeah, it's mine. I love it so much. Every time I park it in my garage I always turn back for one last look.

This is the truth. Cars are handling so much better than in the past that the meme of "Mustangs can't turn" doesn't really apply to new ones. I'd love a new Mustang if I had the money or someone gave it to me. I think they look awesome and they have great sound and relatively cheap performance.

I love grabber blue, I wish I could find one in that color.
All the used Mustangs around here are boring colors like silver or black.

Owned a few mustangs, driven a buddys miata a bit and had an 83 280zx turbo and this is what it comes down to.

The smaller cars are more like figure skaters and the mustang is like a hockey player.

Do you want to finesse the curves or bully them? Its a feel/preference thing. Going into a corner too fast in the mustang and just overpowering the mistake always feels and sounds great even if it isnt going to set a track record, but thats part of the visceral American muscle car experience.

Honestly if you wreck it doesnt matter what youre driving. You were being a moron in the first place.

It's just water retention.

>mustang
>power
Choose one

So i assume people were challenged to drive without traction control or something? How can normies be this stupid?

Wasn't it the 2013 that got the IRS?

everybody hates mustangs because they cant drive them properly. i know i sound like a pretentious faggot but with actual driving skill they are a half decent track car

It has high limits, but it's not easy to drive fast and not the best car to learn in. An amateur would be faster in a slow car like the Miata simply because it's forgiving and gives you lots of confidence.

IRS doesn't magically make a car handle or not. 05 is when a panhard bar, a stiff body, and revised suspension geometry were implemented.

supra? I think you mean bus.

low quality reply