Schiff

Peter Schiff said on his latest podcast, the US stocks are at about their peak, but that foreign stocks will commence a bull run.

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

gurufocus.com/global-market-valuation.php
globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/01/peter-schiff-was-wrong.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gurufocus.com/global-market-valuation.php

he's been saying its overvalued since 2016, hes bound to be correct in one of these years

sorry*** since 2010

this guy is a retard and a broken record. if you had listened yo what he was saying over the past years you would be fucked in the ass right now.

don't pay attention to people like this.

not an argument

but it is user, he's been wrong on everything since 2010. QE will cause hyperinflation, QE will never stop, when we leave QE we will be in a recession, and alongside that he was '''short'' on the market during the largest increase in stock market in USA

You can tell he's a con artist because no non retarded adult can be wrong this many times without saying "maybe it's me"

His investment analysis is fundamentally wrong. His prediction of the 2008 recession wasn't even a broken clock being right, he was fundamentally wrong. He predicted that the recession would cause the decoupling of the United States and the collapse of the dollar and so rather than shorting US equities, he longed foreign equities. This is complete autism and the reason why his clients lost money during the recession that he supposedly predicted.

Also this

yes, yes, good goy, buy my gold

I bought into the market so low that I don't give a fuck what happens.

I'm still getting a fat dividend check every quarter no matter what happens.

here's whats going to happen.

The dollar will continue to strengthen.

The fed will resist raising interest rates because the price of oil will remain low.

We will have a period of above normal inflation. 5% a year. by the end of the year. The fed will not raise interest rates fast enough to beat this inflation.

The stock market will continue to rise.

>We will have a period of above normal inflation. 5% a year. by the end of the year.
kek, Fed wishes this would happen

Read The Intelligent Investor. There's a couple of pages dedicated to people just like him.

Have you ever had your money stolen from a credit or debit card? Was the bank tremendously eager to replace thousands of dollars without batting an eye? That is unsustainable. Theft on such a magnitude has never been possible and law enforcement cannot keep up. (Not that they have to; they'll literally just type some digits into your account to keep you happy.)
The only reason hyperinflation hasn't happened is because the creation of digital currency far easier to manipulate than paper money.
America is the most successful attempt to create a permanently stimulated economy through centralized intervention, but I feel it foolish to let that convince me that we've simply "done it" and our economy is forever safe.
I don't agree with his investment strategies and I don't buy his gold, but it's foolish to ignore the inevitable breakdown of the US economy.
Cite me a single instance of him being outright wrong. I've been following him for years and I've found he's very careful not to make such specific claims.
Forever?

globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/01/peter-schiff-was-wrong.html

here you go, instances of him being outright wrong

>QE will never stop, when we leave QE we will be in a recession
While you're right that Schiff is a moron, you should take note that QE ended in 2014. It's hard to take you seriously when you say stupid things.

>Have you ever had your money stolen from a credit or debit card? Was the bank tremendously eager to replace thousands of dollars without batting an eye? That is unsustainable. Theft on such a magnitude has never been possible and law enforcement cannot keep up. (Not that they have to; they'll literally just type some digits into your account to keep you happy.)
>The only reason hyperinflation hasn't happened is because the creation of digital currency far easier to manipulate than paper money.
banks dont '''create''' currency directly and QE does not ''''print''' new money. If you cant comprehend the basics, there is no point in arguing

i was noting Shiff's postions, not mine

OK but what about Schiff's contention that foreign markets are on the verge of a bull run

Thank you. Glad I don't invest with him.
I say nonsense. Additionally, I never stated QE prints money.
So how is new money added to the economy? I was under the impression that it was loaned to financial institutions from the central bank at interests rates so negligible that it might as well be free.

hyperinflation isn't the same as venezuela, zimbawe or germany before nazism just because sightly different mechanics of quantative easing, they don't "print" to buff the government purchasing power so it can run nuts and affect the common people markets, instead, central banks buy all the rooted shit loans (that come from multiplier effect of 1-10% cash coeficient) of private banks, state's bonds and real assets like top notch stocks

central banks are doing a huge expropiation already, and it has just started

>So how is new money added to the economy?
New money (M1) is controlled by the Treasury, not the Fed. There's interaction between the two, but the difference is important.
>I was under the impression that it was loaned to financial institutions from the central bank at interests rates so negligible that it might as well be free.
The Fed does loan money to financial institutions at rate below market for commercial borrowers (literally called the "Fed Funds Rate). That's not QE, though. QE is when then Fed BUYS financial assets (bonds, securities, loans) from a financial institution. It serves a similar function as reserve lending, but its a VERY different fiscal tool.

both tools effectively contribute to the credit expansion, and therefore, to the cancerous system without any healing

when your credit investments are fucked up, you must go bankrupt and rearange, that's the natural way of life

when a magic entity stands up and make a miraculous to pospone the situation to the nenligent agent, things are even more fucked up

it's just kicking the ball ahead, it only works beause we're all retarded monekys at the end of the day

>blah blah blah
Alarmist bullshit. There's nothing wrong with increasing bank liquidity, and it can kickstart a sluggish economy in the right conditions (worked in US and Euro, didn't work in Japan). Also, you wrong assume that the financial assets purchased by the Fed are toxic. There's ZERO evidence to support this. Indeed, there's substantial evidence that the assets purchased by the Fed were high-quality securities, considering the financial reforms enacted in the wake of the 2008 bubble.

Stop browsing /r/conspiracy. You sound like a fucking moron.

>(((Schiff)))
lad

as long as you daytrade or 2-3daystrade you just notice if it's getting shitty or good lately and you buy or short lmao

he also said gold would be worth over 5K by 2012

EuroPac has done pretty well though, no?

you cant even start to define what I'm talking about, retard

you can't create wealth out of nowhere, all the buffs you make artificially are like synthol to fitness gains, it finally roots and you end with an abomination that is more disgusting than a dead body

>i dont understand central banking therefore its evil, artificial abomination

>you cant even start to define what I'm talking about
You're correct. I don't speak retard.

Also, .