What's the consensus on the Trans Am? I'm interested in getting one myself...

What's the consensus on the Trans Am? I'm interested in getting one myself, I like import cars and whatnot but a trans am is what I would really want if given the choice even over a S15 or R35

Ls-jaun fbodies are pretty rad. Ws6 is the trim you want but its $$$$$$$$$. Kind of a butterface. Good handling if a tad lacking in "feel", plenty of power stock. Main weakness is the rear axle.

I seen one on the street the other day, just like pic related. They're pretty cool looking, especially with the bigger hood intake. Suprisingly small, or I'm just used to seeing ass huge challengers. Can't go wrong with an ls motor but they should have made it more accessible instead of half way into the cabin.

Love my 98 and had it for awhile now. I had fun with the original drive train and then started beefing everything up. What are your plans for it? You can't go wrong with the power and the aftermarket is basically limitless. If you plan on racing then you'll at least want an lsd so you don't kill the spiders.

Just put a bodykit on a fiero

I'd only have an old one with the phoenix on the bonnet

You are about to step in a world of refined tastes.

I saw an orange fourth gen running around with the vanity plate "1 of 11" last week. I found a Hurst edition with a run of 10 but nothing with 11.

Anyone know what it was?

I don't have any plans in particular, maybe just do some standard upgrades. I would like to make it nice and beefy though cause I just love the car the way it is, don't plan on doing anything wild with it
I'd much rather just get the Trans Am instead of the Fiero. Though a Fiero might be a potential project car in the future

I saw a trans am the other week with a LUMPY ASS CAM. It looked ratty as hell, and sounded surprisingly good. Go for it op.

Probably some stupid jackass with his highly specific options + color combination.

I'm surprised even my car friends who all own STI's and other import cars even encouraged me to get a Trans Am cause it would be pretty dope to see in the JDM/drifter/tuner areas around us and see what we can do with it like some kinda JDM/American fusion car

What plug you guys running on your ls? Just picked up some ngk tr6's. Was running tr55 but keep getting detonation. Hope this helps.

Please don't stance it out or put some stupid "mint" plastidip on it. Anybody who unironically uses JDM in their speech is scientifically proven to have shit taste in mods.

Trans ams are cool, wish I could drive mine, still gotta get this front end on. You won't be disappointed.

I didn't plan on doing anything like that, I think the most I would do with "JDM" stuff is possibly add a body kit to it, but even then, I think the trans am looks perfectly fine the way it is so honestly I wouldn't even do that

Bodykit will look like shit. Just lower it a bit and get some wheels that fit like in .

is this the new memecar

why does your car have nostrils?

It looks so fucking dumb but i really want one but too much to import to NZ

>It looks so fucking dumb
Nuh uh, you look dumb you big dummy

Got to drive a WS6 a couple of years ago and it was a blast, great engine, and was ready to obliterate the rear tires on command.

That wasn't enough for me to get over the terrible visibility, lego-tier interior, and some other flaws. At least relative to the cost of the car. I understand that's not what you would buy a car like that for though.

interior is shit. and they suck ass to work on.
Otherwise pretty good cars.

Just sold my 99 TA to my buddy a few weeks ago. Bought it stock last year and did heads/cam/intake and some other misc bolt ons.

The engine may be hidden deeper than a pirate treasure chest, but there's a reason for them handling so well

bretty good car desu, holds up even when abused, and tons of stock power
Whatever you do, get a manual, the t56 is divine

t. swapped the drivetrain from one into a third gen

Its nice the trans am had pop ups but fuck theres so much going on in the front, its like the designers all had ideas and just decided to go with everything at once.
>Catfish Camaro looks nicer desu

Everything behind the mirrors look fucking hideous on the fourthgen.
still want one though