Can you help me guys managing my money

Can you help me guys managing my money.

Im a college student and I work part time at Mc Donalds (kek).

So I have no fucking idea about economy so I have no idea how should I spend my money.

Could you guys help me with something like a list of which % of my income should I spend in each category and which % should I save/invest ?

>I dont pay food nor housing.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3742872/Supersize-success-Teenage-trader-swapped-shifts-McDonald-s-unique-gold-Bentley-working-way-tea-boy-millionaire-businessman.html
www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2011/collegepayoff.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As little as possible on food
water is free
as little as possible on shelter
As little as possible on school, fill out scholarships all summer until you're going for free
put all you have left in the stock market

Basically save everything, buy only the stuff you need.
If you keep that as your rule of thumb you're golden.

I sometimes spend too much money on food and I go to a party once a month.
I live pretty frugally for a student.

If you got 25k+ in the bank, invest it (blue chip stocks, index's, etf's, bonds, or hedge funds)

I dont pay for food/housing because I live with my parents

I dont pay for college (only books and that kind of stuff) because its free here.

But what about "luxury" stuff like clothes, going out and so on

>spoonfeed me pls I don't know how to do anything I can't even Google

So asking any question about any topic is stupid because we have Google

>dont go to college because u have free education in google kek

No you fucking idiot. You should have said I read "spend x% on food, x% savings, what do you guys do?"

Instead you just said can you guys write me a list of what to do with MY MONEY. You're fucking retarded and lazy.

>someone on the internet did something i didnt like... waaaah waaaaah

I dont know shit about investing should I just put my money in the bank with a fixed interest or what ?

>"luxury"
Don't think about luxury until you have a few grand saved up in the bank and have a few grand in stocks

Do you really want me to just use money for survival (food/housing/other basic stuff) and save everything else ?

Thats not fucking life m9, dont you think it would be fine if i spent just a bit on "luxury"

>Thats not fucking life m9, dont you think it would be fine if i spent just a bit on "luxury"
with that attitude you will never experience anything good in life besides smoking pot with your friends outside the local bars and tattoo shops.

Learn to make your money work for you. I'll never understand why people work so hard to be in the same spot their whole life. The money you make you should put to work while you are at work.

Money can be your best employee, works more hours than you and doesn't complain. Your "luxury" should be paid for by the money that your money brings in. Learn to invest your money and not throw it at some fucking shoes that earn you "cool points" with people that don't matter.

>Has job
>Lives with parents
>Can't save money

Forget it, you're screwed. I have a shitty part time job while living with parents and I've saved $10k in a few months

I never said I cant save money.

I have plenty of money saved but I just randomly save like 10% one month and like 70% the next one.

I want to learn how to manage my money not just randomly spend/save it

Invest in eldorado.io
and Bitcoin

learn to invest.
Go to work
Go to school
Spend part of your pay check as well as an hour a day learning to invest.

Download a money manager app on your phone.

I have Money Lover.

You add all of your spendings/earnings and it gives you a monthly report and you can set up budgets too.

Learn forex and trade in demo modus until you're profitable for 6 months+. Then invest. You can start off with 5-10k and trade with leverage.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3742872/Supersize-success-Teenage-trader-swapped-shifts-McDonald-s-unique-gold-Bentley-working-way-tea-boy-millionaire-businessman.html

babypips.com

Forex is the best choice as it has the highest liquidity

isnt investing in bitcoin a meme ?

Yeah, you missed the train by 8 years.

I was 10 m9 i didnt even give a fuck about money then

I have a question m9

I have 4 years till I I graduate from college. Is it ok if at the end of those 4 years I spend everything I saved to leave my country ?

Thats my goal, I want to leave this shithole (I live in Argentina) and I want to go to live in Europe. I have european citizenship because my grandparets are from Spain.

How about you start with not using "m9" so often, or ever? It'd make you much less insufferable.
Moving to Europe should be the only thing that matters to you. That, and researching/preparing your skillsets for a job there.
more so than fucking and having fun.
Jerking off costs 95% less than dating women
Learning to enjoy reading/a hobby is anywhere from 20-99% less expensive than going out with friends
Sure, they're going to call you out and say you've changed, but if you care about making money you're going to have to deal with that.
Don't do any favors/loan any money to anybody either.

ok m9

Why don't you people ever work at a clothes shop? Less stress, less customers, less shit to deal with.

Because idk how it is in USA but here most of those jobs:

>are not part time
>have a "low" basic salary and then you get extra money according to how much you sold.

You can set aside fun money once you meet all the other goals discussed.

Really you need to focus on graduating and getting a good job above all else. Pay yourself now and you'll thank yourself later.

But the other guy is right, "life" isn't about just blowing money. There's plenty of fun free stuff to be had that doesn't involve drinking or drugs. Not that I'm adverse to those but they are money sinks.

So 0 bills, works at MCDonald's and can't save money.

Lmfao you're fucked. I live with my parents and save ~85%+ of after tax income.

Dont feel bad for working at McDonalds.

So many young people are little faggot snowflakes that live off their parents dime then put "activist" or some bullshit on their CV to fill in that leaching time.

What would you all recommend an autistic guy to do?

I'm not as young as faggot ass OP, and I've worked before in the past. Not at fucking McDonald's but in the supermarket industry.

I don't view college as valuable anymore. It's a fucking scam. Can make just as much if not more learning a vocation or a trade. Prove me wrong, you probably couldn't. But my point is, when you're 25 years old and everyone looks at you as either incompetent or inexperienced, how the fuck are you supposed to progress?

www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2011/collegepayoff.pdf

> "2002 Census Bureau study
estimated that in 1999, the average lifetime earnings of a Bachelor’s degree
holder was $2.7 million (2009 dollars), 75 percent more than that earned
by high school graduates in 1999."

I'm not saying trades aren't good because they are but most are hard work and hard on the body so you better start running your own place sooner rather than later. Source is my family of tradesman.

Also lose your shitty little attitude. College is only a "scam" if you pick an unmarketable degree and go to a school that isn't paying you a full ride or is charging you out the ass. I graduated with only $30k debt and had it paid off in less than two years.

Another thing is if you're truly autistic and not some pub-med self diagnosing faggot you better learn how to handle banter because most trademan will fuck with you and you better learn to deal with it. It's mostly in good fun but they can be rough people. There isn't usually an HR to cry to and if you become the pariah of the group good fucking luck.

>lose your shitty attitude
Listen, boy, if you think colleges aren't setting you up for failure, you're wrong.

>hurr hard work hard on body
You're a lazy punk ass pussy that couldn't run wire or fix a clogged toilet to save his ass. Your family of tradesman would be ashamed of your millennial ass if you ever had to fix a substantial thing in your home.

You probably fell for the STEM meme or had mommy and daddy pay for your student loan debt.

Diagnosed by a neuropsychologist in early February with ASD after a WAIS-IV test.

Also what would you know about working hard as a tradesman? I was a maintenance guy before. You wouldn't know hard work unless you watched your daddy or whomever do it. You're a NEET. Accept it and move on, boy.

>Listen, boy, if you think colleges aren't setting you up for failure, you're wrong.

Lol the only boy here is you, the autistic manchild who's sperging out because I gave him good advice. By the way I've down both thing listed thank you very much. Implying any of those things are hard shows what you're just a tool.

I did work as a contractor for a few years. I realized it's shitty pleb work unless you are your own boss.

Anyways the rest is all projection on your part m80. Enjoy your autism (^:

Also if you're going to lose your shit that hard over some anonymous stranger just you fucking wait until you're in a crew with some hard motherfuckers and they start messing with you. You won't last a week little boy.

I don't take advice from entitled little children who've never worked a hard day in their lives.

>worked as contractor
>"Hurr I worked for daddy"
FTFY

>just you fucking wait you little boy hurr durr
Listen kiddo, stick to your little middle management job or whatever the fuck you do and never come to Veeky Forums again since you've got no clue what business nor finance even is.

>you better learn how to handle banter because most trademan will fuck with you and you better learn to deal with it. It's mostly in good fun but they can be rough people

Can confirm that, as i've worked in this field myself for several years. Banter can get pretty rough, i had problems with that myself. Sometimes you have to work with alcoholics, junkies, ex-convicts or just people who will make fun of you to cope with their shitty life. It gets even worse if your working site is far away, so you have to live near the site with the team for several months in some cuckshed in bumfuck nowhere. And the payment isn't even that good anyway to put up with it. Fuck that shit.

>What would you all recommend an autistic guy to do?
>I don't take advice from entitled little children who've never worked a hard day in their lives.

real autism confirmed kek

Wish I could live with my parents for free. fuck i moved back and. I lost money. moving back out end of February.

Here is how you actually plan OP

Look at how much you spent every month for past 6 months to a year. Most people would just look at their past month but since you have such an infinitesimal spending already you need to go back a bit.

Now write down how much it would actually take to move out, and live on your own. Get figures for rent, when your parents shop, go with and take note of everything you will probably buy/eat in the month. If you have internet, smartphone plans, account for all those too. Take all the things that have "required" payments, like rent, utilities and add them all up. That is your required expenses, then you add up your food/luxuries and this is your flexible spending.

Why do you need to create a fantasy budget? Because without one you can't figure out your individual budget on how much to save/invest properly, nor learn how to manage it when you do get kicked out or move out.

Once you have a general understanding of your fantasy budget, you can learn how much you may need to put aside in the short term and how much you can invest in the long term.

The only number I will float to you is it is recommended to not spend more than 28% of your income on rent or mortgage per month.

If you find on your current budget you only buy luxury items you will want to get your fantasy (future budget) learned so you can start planning for it. Unless you plan on living with your parents until you become stuck there taking care of them in their old age while your social life drops into a crater.