What do your co-workers drive? What do they think of your car?

What do your co-workers drive? What do they think of your car?

Suv's. golf gti and a vr octavia skoda and a volvo brick
They all love my car and want to get a ride in it.

They drive mega junkers. Except 2. The one has a Orange h3 hummer and the other has some suv tesla. I drive my dad's car which is by far the best there but they all know it's not mine. Still get treated poorly because I'm not from a poor/broken home though. Then the 2 who have the nice cars, don't associate with me since its not mine. So really lonely.

Accent, Prius, Accord, etc
It's nothing special so they don't think anything of it.

>boss in an Audi TT (he sucks at the clutch)
>coworker w/ lovely family in a pleasant Honda SUV thing
>3rd world coworker with like a fuckin Yaris or something
>Old boss with your classical late 90s practical Acrua
>poorfag coworker in some kind of perfectly fitting old station wagon that gets the job done

They think I'm crazy because they've only seen my car with the whole interior stripped out, and another time when half the exhaust was missing, and one other time where I drove them through a blizzard and stuck cars like idgaf.

Scion tc , Acura MDX , 3k Civic , Celica

>boss - VW touran
>cool coworker - mazda 2
>judas coworker - renault clio
>bullshitter coworker - nissan qashqai
>chill paki coworker - dacia duster
>workmom - hyundai i30
>me - lexus RX

I am the lowest ranked and lowest paid person here. I also drive the furthest.
I may have skewed priorities.

>general manager - E90 M3
He pretends to know more than he does about cars, indifferent about mine
>manager - 2003 Suburban Z71
"Oh that's a neat little thing!"

Coworkers
>Honda Fit
>95 Tacoma
>14 F150
>02 S10
>03 Tahoe Z71
>94 Buick Century
They all think it's interesting, that's about it.

>royal canadian chair force
Mazda3s, Focus STs, WRXs and Toyobarus make up about a third of the cars in the CAF. Three own Mz3's in my group of friends and acquaintances alone. Most people like my Fiesta ST, and all the people who make fun of it for banter purposes either drive broken shitboxes or don't have cars at all.

>thinking a H3 and Tesla model X are good cars
you deserve to be lonely

Good in comparison to everything that is out there.. obviously not. But in comparison to the other people... they are god machines.

>CEO
Rolls up in a fucking Countach or a Bentley. The rest of us, leased or used shitboxes. Its kind of neat to have him at our facility, he's going through it and changing the layout to be more efficient.

The H3 is the best off road of any Hummer ever built.

boss
>porsche cayenne
his son
>audi rs4
>amg c64 cabrio
co-workers
>skoda octavia
>golf gtd
>CLA
>Q5
>Fiat 500
>Golf
>Citroen C3 (?)
>older E 250d
and my lovely
>2017 E 350d

no coworkers but the people that i've worked with in the past liked how clean my cars are

Der Fuhrpark liest sich deutsch.

Our boss drives a Tesla, everyone else takes the bus. It is pretty much the future of everyone.

Mostly German shit, BMW/Mercedes/Audi.
It's all the women with the German cars which is like 80% of the people in the office.
Only me and a few other co-workers have Honda/Toyota.

I work IT for a law firm; most of the attorneys drive Mercedes or BMWs of various models. I drive a Lexus GS350 and to the extent that any of my coworkers have said anything about my car, they liked it.

>worked at a call center
>everyone either drove clapped out PoC-mobiles (shitty japanese econoboxes falling apart) or they spent all their money on their car (the people who drove Infinitis, GTIs, Challengers)
>I drive a shitty little 2008 VW golf

CTO: Brand new loaded 2017 Chevy Silverado

Me: 124 Abarth

5 IT managers I directly manage:

-2015 Mustang GT manual
-2012 Camaro SS automatic
-2010-ish 4 door Wrangler
-Lexus IS300
-2016 Kia Soul

Do you like your Abarth?

Do you have to be semi-mathematically-inclined to be an IT slave?

Absolutely love it

Depends entirely on what aspect of IT you go into

Pretty much all of my coworkers my age are /nocar/ and a few of the older guys have 5-10 year old shitboxes.

When I first started I had to drive my MR-S to work and almost everyone sperged out and thought I was secretly rich or instantly hated me and always looked at me like I was the pile of shit they just stepped in.

It was actually pretty hilarious, most of the girls told me they loved it and a few guys asked if it was fast/fun to drive but I would be honest and say it's fun but not fast and they would lose interest almost immediately. Now I just drive my shitbox to work and everyone leaves me alone which is nice.

>Depends entirely on what aspect of IT you go into
What's a good IT field to go into for someone who struggles with trig?

>can't into math
>wants to go into a tech related field

but why?

Because I'm falling for the STEM meme.

Eh....If you wanted to minimize math, basic helpdesk shit-(resetting email passwords, troubleshooting why Ann's printer doesn't work)-isn't going to require you to know anything beyond basic math, but you're never gonna make more than like...$35,000, at least not around here

If you can stomach minimal math, basic networking isn't bad either...certified network techs can hit up to the 45K mark. Again just depends on what sort of career you are looking for

I don't mind doing "minimal math" but there's a serious drop in my skillet once I approach any math "higher" than algebra II or even some basic trig. What kind of certs would a network tech need to get, a CCNA?

2008 328, 2015 mustang GT, 2017 mustang GT, 2010 m3, 2016 m4, 2015 grand Cherokee, 2017 FRS, 2011 911 Carrera 4s, 2016 Escalade, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, a bunch of street bikes.

I have a couple of street bikes and a 2017 Chevy SS (and an Escalade, and a K5 Blazer, and an 08 Corolla beater). Pretty much everyone agrees that my SS is the best of the bunch except for the guy with the M4, but his opinion doesn't count because his car plays audio of cars with real engines through the speakers. We all used to be bimmer fags, myself included, but they only make shit now, so we've slowly been replacing them with better cars as they wear out, which doesn't take long.

2 year associates with CCNA/CCNA-security is what most of my managers are looking at around here

Or a regular 4 year BS in anything CS related with work experience.

I'll add to this by saying that at least in NC, the IT field is so over saturated, it's almost not worth going into unless you're going masters degree level or higher

If I could go back and my education over again, I'd be in medicine like my wife in a heartbeat

Been thankin' about getting into the medical field (or just saying fuck it im not that smart and join the trades/railroad), but we're back to the math thing (probably). What kind of associates, just something somewhat relevant to the field, or is it one of those "any kind of associates at all as long as you have one" type deals?

Anything related to the field. Most tech schools do a general "Associate's of IT" degree now, and will offer classes to prep you for the CCNA/MCP exams.

If you don't mind working odd hours, nurses can/are making shit loads of money in the current medical climate. Some hospitals are even offering housing stipends and signing bonuses.

My wife now makes an obscene 6 figure salary counting pills and talking to rednecks about cholesterol medication...

All my coworkers take the bus lol.

Most peeps in my squad drive boring cars. The ones that stand out to me:

>My assistant: VW Vanagon & small Harley bike
>Sound guy: Reddish brown El Camino
>Colorist: GT-R & Volt

I get shit from coworkers that are nominally higher up the chain, but make a lot less than me.

Mid 2000s Holden Commodore Omega
2010 c200 Merc
2002 BMW 220d
2009? Subi WRX STi (autotragic)
1989 NA MX5 turbo
2004 Ford courier ute
2006 Honda accord 2.4L
1992 Nissan p10 primera
2006 Ford falcon XR6
2011 Toyota hilux SR5

I drive a 1991 mx5 and they all think its gay except the guy who owns the other miata

> tfw posting from McDonald's
I'm the only one on my shift who drives and I have a mint 2001 ford focus

I'm pretty sure they all hate me

My office is hilarious

>Co founders were one American white guy, one Arab dude
>Arabs in office all drive leased German or Italian cars. BMW, Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes.
>All the Americans drive shitboxes or pickup trucks. Not a lot of women, but they all drive soccer mom crossovers

>I drive the first car I ever bought at 16: a 2006 Honda Accord. I'm a mid level engineer and the junior Arabs under me ask why I drive such a shitty car lmao

It's a walking Veeky Forums stereotype

A few Souls, a handful of Pajeros, one ASX, a Opirus, a Chevy SANIC, 2 Xterras, a Koleos, a 500, a modern Korando, a Sportage and one odd 997 tarbo.

I have a 17 BRZ

They like it.

>Boss: Base model CVT civic
>One coworker used to drive a 2006 altima, but threw a rod
>Another drives a 2003 corolla with 2 missing hubcaps and oxidized headlights

The rest are busriders.

My boss used to drive a fucking nice '97 prelude with a turquoise and white two tone paint job. He ended up getting rid of it due to it burning a fuckton of oil.

My boss drives a beater exploder he got for $800, before that he drove a $200 exploder. My other co-workers: newer gmc Acadia, 2010 Chevy hhr ss, 94 SC400, 09 villager, newer gsxr 1000, and the last dude has a Harley but he's a faggot so I never asked him what model.

I drive a POS 04 mustang I got for a grand and an 85 vmax. They hate the mustang because I'm posing or whatever meme they're being fed. Then they go and get super jelly of the vmax because people always come in and compliment it because it's clean as fuck and is a rare bike, whereas no one gives a shit about any of their vehicles. Dude with the sc400 is cool though.

I work at a university research lab. The faculty and research scientists all make six figures and drive an assortment of BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. There is also a Camaro SS in the lot every day. The student employees are divided between rich international students who mostly drive new Japanese econoboxes (lots of Camrys, Accords, Corollas, entry-level Acura and Lexus), and local students who drive shitty American cars (myself) or old Japanese shitboxes.

Do you work at McDonald's

>chemical plant in Texas
So many pickups, but aside from the pickups a lot of operators have weekend cars or race cars. One guy will sometimes park a trailer at work with his open wheel dirt racing thing. A few other people drag race, they have some heavily modded Camaros and stuff. One old black guy drives an absolutely beat to shit ancient Cadillac land barge, but one day it broke down on him so he came to work in a fucking Quattroporte which was pretty unexpected.

Aside from the operators it's mostly even more pickups or boring econoboxes, though. There is this old Brazilian guy who recently got hired who drives a 300zx. There's also a very fat man who drives a Fiesta ST, and he even squeezed himself into a NA Miata for a few weeks which he bought for his daughter.

Two lifted Ameri-trucks, a stanced Acura, a Nissan hardbody, one guy with a civic with a few simple mods, a supercharged e85-burning s2k and a fucking Ducati, one beat up diesel-swapped land cruiser and two crossovers. Our boss drives a BMW wagon. They all hate my shitty Hyundai.

>boss:2006 Audi TT, 2013 Caddy SRX, 2004 GMC Envoy
>manager: 2015 VW GTi (that he totaled this week), 2006(?) VW Rabbit (that has a salvage title and he paid $6k for kek)
>shop bitch/unpaid intern: dad’s Hawkeye WRX with stickerbombed bumpers

Me: 2003 PT Cruiser GT, 2008 PT Cruiser base, 2006 PT Cruiser Convertible, 1999 Plymouth Prowler, 1970 Pontiac LeMans, 2002 Hyosung GV250

i want to know the story behind the picture you've posted

co workers: Focus, Silverados, Camrys, Fusions, and other everyman commuter cars and trucks.
supervisors: Elantra, Explorer
Me: old civic most days, but occasionally my MX5 ND

no one has actually said anything to me about the ND besides "nice little racer" or "looks good" but they probably have their own strong opinions because its an office full of people with mechanic backgrounds.

>Innanavy
>Drive a Honda Fit because cheap, good MPG, plenty of space to move my belongings/live in my car without needing a crossover or SUV
>Coworkers give me shit for driving a compact hatch
>50% of military junior enlisted (to include 4 of my 'direct' coworkers, i.e. in the same division as me) drive a selection of Mustangs
>3 of them have V-6s, only one has a V-8.