Is driving slow cars fast really more fun than driving fast cars?

Is driving slow cars fast really more fun than driving fast cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jFG5GgmUBMs
youtube.com/watch?v=Paiqx1FuwVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Different fun. My first car shitbox was a riot at 15MPH and having to redline it constantly.

Current car entirely different being able to haul ass through corners and get some of that sweet push back in your seat feeling.

only if you're afraid to drive fast cars fast

The idea is you can be "on it" and not kill yourself. I've raced outlaw class karts and hit river roads fairly often. Slow car fast seems more enjoyable to me, but that may be due to the unpredictable nature of the road instead of the safe, predictable track.

driving fast cars where?
in traffic? then yes
on the touge/B-roads? then yes
on the track? depends on your driving style

Miatas aren't slow.
crossovers, minivans, trucks and shit like that is slow and no they are not fun.
Rather classic muscle cars are slow because they can only slam gas and keep wheel straight and nothing else.
I'd always take a featherweight quick car over a pigfat fast car

I love how the driver has gray hair since only people going through mid life crises drive these. Mazda knows their demographic.

lel true
>be me
>hair going gray
>thinking splurge on next car as midlife crisis car
>want miata with an LS1 swap

>muh midlife crisis
More like worked all his life, kids going to college, finally debt free, and it's time for some fun

driving fast cars fast is way more fun than driving slow cars fast

slow car fast is basically a coping mechanism for people with slow cars

yup

most who I see driving Miatas are middle aged men and women

shits hilarious

Driving fast cars fast is dangerous and illegal. Driving slow cars fast is fun because it's actually practical and won't land you in jail or the grave. How many Miata crashes do you hear about compared to Mustang crashes?

driving fast cars in tight twisties is not fun cause you are not driving fast.
Quick cars (or slow cars for benchracing retards) are fun in tight twisties.
If you are on big empty open roads fast cars are fun.
if you are on tight roads with tight corners and little room for error quick cars are fun.
I'd take an stang to boring straight highways of USA where kicking the throttle is the only way to bring any excitement in

I'd take a miata or mr2 to tight, twisty mountain roads because taking tight turns at 60kph is way more fun than holding down gas on a straight at 230kph
But that's just my experience, benchracers and literal faggots with 0 balls may disagree

sounds like you have 0 balls or youre just a really shitty driver

I think it's a bit unfair to generalize the entire fuckhuge US like that but you're otherwise spot on.

Friend got rear ended by a Mustang last week, wrecked his Focus that he just bought 3 months ago after a Mustang wrecked his Accord.

>*dusts you at a red light*
Nothin' personnel kid.

>*crashes into a light pole*
ftfy
youtube.com/watch?v=jFG5GgmUBMs

slow cars can be fun but as long as it has decent torque

Who do you think is having more fun in this webm: the guy driving the Ford GT, or the guy driving the Miata?

>wheeeeeeeeee!!!! :DDDDD

Is it even possible to flip a miata lmao

not true, have driven plenty of "fast" cars in my life and it's just a frustrating experience

they're fast but they sacrifice just about everything else about driveability

careful saying that here senpai, gonna get jumped on by people saying "ELELellEL SLOWER THAN A MINIVAN XDDDD"

that has to do with the drivers not the cars

just looks like the Miata driver doesnt know how to drive also so jerky and all over the place

duh

>a litle glue
>bend the windshield back up
>plexiglass from Lowe's
>new tires
>can of spray paint if you want

No biggie. Obviously the roll bar did its job.

yes

i'd rather drive a fast car on the road, and slower (lighter but still grippy) car on track. at the track, times tend to be more dependent on driver ability and willingness to push their car than the car's outright performance

Confirmed never drove boss 302

He said classic cars you retards.

This
fast > slow
"Slow cars fast" is for people trying to justify their shitboxes.
I used to have a Miata but it made me sad when I went wot because nothing happened. And it wasn't fun waiting so long for it to rev up. My M3 was more fun because it had plenty of power and it handled even better.

I prefer my light and grippy car on the road as well since there are many corners and a small, tight corner that merges onto a fast main road where you can merge by just carrying speed through that corner.

I hate getting caught behind a slowfag when there's the opportunity to take one of those like a madman. Sometimes I can't help myself and hug the inside so hard it looks like I'm about to T-bone them as we go around together.

youtube.com/watch?v=Paiqx1FuwVw

for most people with fast cars, the most fun they have with them is using them to bully people with slower cars

so slowcarfags like to come back with the response that they're having more fun because they can step on the go pedal longer

i see the appeal in having both a fast car and a slow car. Sometimes you're in the mood for wrecking peoples days, and other times you just want to drive and explore the limits of a car.

>license plate
kek I'd mire that if you bullied me with it

Yea, unless you are on a track. Fast cars just dick tease you otherwise, when you can't actually drive fast or push it at all, unlike a slow car that you have to push a bit to drive normally.

This. Mountainous areas of US have incredible twistos

a fast car can be driven slow but a slow car cant be driven fast, sure get the slow one if your a novice driver but you will grow tired of the lack of power in a hurry

>Miatas aren't slow.

No. You can drive a slow car at the limit more easily. Bad drivers will say this makes it more fun. All ir really means they drive slow.

it's almost like fucking a fat chick.
don't get me wrong, I love my ND miata and it's fun to drift around everywhere, but the other day I was matting it on a straightaway and a nissan altima was right on my butt.
b-but I'm sure I coulda smoked him on the touge! i-it's not like I'm slow or anything!

true that. there are some 10/10 driving roads within 20 miles of me and i'm only in the foothills

At least for me, the "fun" happens when you're driving the car near its limit. Theres only so hard you can drive a C7 on public roads, it doesn't give a single fuck about turns and you have torque for days, it's super forgiving under 70 mph and you can only really punch it over 100 on empty back roads. Same road, same speed in something like a ZZW20 gets pretty fucking hektik pretty fast, you have to actually pay attention to entry speed, and it honestly accelerates like shit so you want to carry as much speed through the turn as possible. It requires more focus, so I find it more engaging. If I could track a C7 though I imagine I would totally change my mind though, there are no circuits within 200 miles of here.

this. i have poor impulse control and just floor it no matter what i'm driving. i'd probably be dead or have my license taken away if i drove an actual sportscar.

I'm looking to get back into a 120hp Nintendo shitcube that weighs nothing after driving a 350hp muscle car for a year. They're both fun, but one is more suited to my area over the other.

holy kek

This made me want to do a track day
Guess I will be ordering that roll bar afterall...

Cute!!!

Drive something with more than 100ft-lbs of torque amd 150horse power please. So I don't have to immediately disregard your piece of shit opinion.

Miatas are slow.
I say this as a miata owner, but I also have 3 bikes and previously owned a Nissan Stagea RS4.
Going from a bike to a miata or any sub-200hp car is like waiting for your birthday, looking at the needle waiting to crack the tonne.

Yes. The problem with the miats are that you go from WEEE to snap barrel roll really fucking quickly.

Then pick a fun car :^)

Tell your friend to quit fucking with the Mustangs then

Its like a wittle pupper playing with a big doggo :3

How important is an LSD for winter and track driving? The base Miata GX is so much cheaper than the GS or GT and doesn't have that awful fucking infotainment tablet, but it's lacking a limited slip diff (and also the color red)

Get an aftermarket LSD if they're available for the ND. You'll have more of a choice. You always want an LSD.