How to learn to suck other people's dick especially those higher up than you and if lucky...

>how to learn to suck other people's dick especially those higher up than you and if lucky, they "may" trickle down their gratitude to you

Is my TL;DR right about this book or am I missing something Veeky Forums?

Did you actually read it?

Eh, some of it is that but I think the overall theme is more or less reciprocal altruism.

you should ask /r9k/ they may know

Did you read that version or the based "in the digital age" version?

book is useless for normies

for people who are bad at socializing or from a different culture it's helpful

the actual points of the book are eleven lines of greentext

Hence the tl;dr

Oh, I've summarized it in the tl;dr with the gratitude bit.

Yeah but the book places emphasis not just on your higher ups but also your counterparts and even people doing things for you.

I think the real tl;dr is
>don't be a dick and people will be happy to do things for you

Well I hate to break it to you, but nice guys finish last in life.

this book actually really helped my relationships with my wife's son, and my wife's bull.

I bought the book.
It sat around for about a year.
I kept 'meaning' to read it but never did.
One day I said 'fuck it' and took it with me to the toilet.
I read each chapter title and skimmed the odd sentence.
>TLDR: Literally just read the chapter titles. It's the authors built-in TLDR

congrats!

how to be a door mat

Most Self Help books (including this one) are like drugs. The only benefit you see from them comes from your positive attitude granted by the illusion that you have a new set of tools to use to become successful. One of the pieces of advice in this book is to fucking smile. Another is to not forget people's names like an autistic jerk off. Astounding that people would not mind helping you if you remember their fucking names, right?

I wouldn't take this book as anything more than Dale Carnegie padding his resume. It's 100% placebo.

common knowledge is common knowledge once it becomes common knowledge. it is obvious to us, and was maybe obvious to the people of 1940/1950, i don't know.

but there was a time when this book was actually full of new, perhaps not new but unwritten at least. information. you and i have just heard the information repeated in so many different ways that it isn't new.

You do realize that's a sexual pun? Nice guys make their girl orgasm first, thus guaranteeing their own orgasm later.

Carnegie openly tells the reader to never be a boot licker.

Did you even read the book?

It's essential for anyone doing work that involves dealing with people.
Aka 97℅ of all the jobs.

all you need to read is rich dad poor dad

how to think and grow rich is better

I'm fairly certain this book is cited as the turning point where america moved towards "extroversion is the norm".

Everything in it is now "normal".
Nice guys make their girls fake cumming.

Did you actually read it?

The information in the book is used so much that it doesn't work any more, It's like stock picking strategies that no longer take advantage of the market's inefficiency because everyone else is doing it too.

All the tips in the book are now expected of you and it has been repeated so much in books like "7 habits.." and "Living, Loving, & Learning" that anyone who didn't read the book has likely heard it all before.

tl;dr: read the book and use the information in it, but don't expect everything to work out as well as it does in the examples in the book. Don't even expect it to work out at all because it's expected of you these days (as in it's taken for granted) anyway.

I always thought of this book as a guide to downplay your ruthlessness, like being a wolf but acting like a puppy.

>I'm not telling you to suck dick but...you need to wrap your lips around my cock

^^^ this

Also its written in old timey pseudo science.

which version is better? not op.

>"digital age version"

Ha, I bet that's a laugh riot.

>Foster a sense of congeniality by refraining from screaming YOU'RE A FAG AND I'LL RAPE YOUR MITHETS CORPSE into your Xbox headset
>If somebody favorites your tweet, it would sure be swell to favorite theirs in return.
>when sexting a gal, don't be put off if she doesn't send nudes on the first try. Instead, try complimenting her curves, using encouraging language such as "yaaassss" and "slay"

Mother's *

The stuff in that book is mostly obvious if you have any experience talking and socializing with other people. I learned the stuff in that book when I was a teenager just by being alive.

You can be an asshole but act nice.