/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jun 25] A new release is going to happen soon. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/879047695230529537

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/69586/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
3ds-guide.b4k.co/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for >cakes wasn't worth waiting for 5 hours

Second for TTSUO

3rd for back-up your 3DS folder, suckas

4th for PS4 hax when

5th for why my 3ds won't boot and just blink for 3 seconds.

I have my hard drive plugged in to my Wii U, USB Loader GX recognizes it but none of my emulators do, does anyone know how to fix this?

How long until they get a proper working DS injector on 3DS

This bootstrap thing is taking it's time

Is there a guide somewhere on how to do snes and N64 injects for wii u?

DS roms need to be patched to read from the SD instead of the cartridge slot and it will never work properly

the bootstrap thingy is the best thing we'll ever get

DS ROM loading wasn't worth waiting for

please explain why anyone would want this, when flashcarts not only work flawlessly, but also include dozens of menu options to make the experience even better.

1. Don't want to buy a flash cart. That's retarded as fuck
2. I want all my games displayed on the home screen

Should I just update to B9S now? I wanted to wait a while to see how everyone liked it and if there are any problems and it seems there are no issues. I'm tired of being on out of date versions of Luna.

How is everyone's experience been with B9S compared to A9LH?

>b9s
yes
>luma 8
no, just wait for 8.1. you could run a nightly build, but you're better off just waiting.

Is it possible to update to B9S and just stay on my current version of Luna? I'd assume I'd just need to ignore any part in the guide related to Luna and just wait for 8.1.

What's wrong with 8.0, by the way? Haven't kept up in a while.

Luma** my bad, I'm a faggot.

what's wrong with 8? every problem i've seen someone have with it has been fixable

replace the boot file with the backup

Has anybody tried the power rangers puzzle game ?( 動物戦隊ジュウオウジャー バトルキューブパズル)
I downloaded it with ciangel but the banner is incomplete/ missing. It just shows a white space and a few cubes. ..

Is there an easy way to fix out of region banners?

Where are gave save files saved to when downloaded from freeshop?

System

downloading from freeshop is no different than downloading from the eShop or installing a CIA

Is there anyway to recover it after a formated system. I looked in data management and it never said there were any save files.
Can i do like a data recovery sort of thing?

but for $10 you get 100% compatibility and to have them on the home menu you can just use forwarders

>been telling retards to buy flashcart instead of waiting for DS loading for what seems like years
>DS loading came out and was shit, retards still want to use it instead of a flashcart
>months later it's still shit and people insist on using it over a flashcart
I fucking hate this place. If anything from here needs to be in the /hbg/ game that will never be made, it's something about this shit

holy fuck nintendo has the worst customer service ever. I have dealt with Chinese people on the phone on ali express and never ever have i experienced anything like Nintendo. I've called New Zealand, Australia, UK and all of them have been really bad. I wish this dumb Nintendo ID shot wasnt so dumb

>These reasons
Yep,you have autism.

Pls HELP

only if you backed them up with jksm before formatting

How to spot a fag

I just realized how luma is just like windows when it comes to 8

will any old flashcart work? i think i have an old r4 something or other in a box of junk somewhere

>puzzle game
>white space and a few cubes
sounds alright to me

pretty much, if it doesn't auto work then install ntr launcher and launch it with that

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/69586/
Will this work on an NA 3DS without messing with region emulation?

Also is it even legit? 98mb?

>download RPG maker fes from freeshop
>pic related
Now i know ill get a few autistic memers because >freeshop but worth noting

Do you have RPG Maker Fes? Your pic seems to be the player.

is the only thing on freeshop and says RPG maker fes PLAYER. so yeah

If you're using Luma it should.

Get Yeah, I'm using it now.

it's the player that released for free on eshop nothing new

>they uploaded the player instead of the actual game
woooooooooooow

I can't wait to download rpg maker fes, try to make an rpg for 30 minutes, then delete it out of frustration

Kill yourself

you first, sperg

How long does it take to hack a Wii U from start to finish? I just want to play BotW

So I just did what the 3ds guide troubleshooting section told me to do for a black screen, that is safe mode and update. Now my system is 11.04 and I don't see FBI there anymore. Am I fucked? Is the 3ds completely restored, is the only mod possible now a hardmod?

1 hour
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md

Like 10 seconds.

I setup A9LH a long while ago. I haven't played my 3DS in ages. Anything I should know? Where to start now? I remember following a guide on github but it's gone now.

3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s

Thanks.

danke

Not him but my 2ds is on a9lh is it recommended to upgrade to this and what are the differences?

future luma updates
more brick proof

What about the ban wave a month ago can you fill me in? I haven't gone online in months kind of worried

If you play unreleased games online like an idiot you're in for a bad time.

>tfw pirated Sun/Moon upon release
>UltraSun/UltraMoon release soon
>still can't bring myself to play it Pokemon is so shit now
;_;

I don't but a lot of people were getting banned and the meme was luma sold out a cfw detection

B9S isn't the reason

Anyone with any hacked CFW 3DS could eventually get banned, we don't know the exact reason.

do this
>Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
>Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
>Exit the System Settings
>Go to your Friend’s List (the Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
>If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend’s List setting is already disabled
>Go to the Friend’s List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
>Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
>Exit your Friend’s List

no-one knows what the criteria/cause for the ban wave were

anyone saying otherwise is full of shit

Yo, does anyone have both Bravely games uncensored? Undub is optional. Cant really find a working US one anywhere.

I'm having a problem with my injected GBA games. They used to run fine a while ago, the only thing that changed so far is that I updated my N3DS to 11.4

Now my GBA games won't load (black screen). I tried reinstalling the .cia but nope. Can't backup my saves either so I'd appreciate some help.

I'm still using arm9 btw.

update luma

Ever Oasis is crashing on me every time I try to enter a shop. Is this a known issue?

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting

Get the shit at the very bottom of the page with a fresh .AGB and .TWL

what's the best SNES emulator for flashcarts?

new3ds injected cia

Bullshit, SNES9X by bubble2k is fucking all you need.

stop shilling your shitty buggy audio emulator, Nintendo in house emulation is clearly superior

>tfw 11.4 3DS
>tfw no way to get homebrew
>tfw don't have the means to do dsiware system traasfer
>tfw won't be able to transfer fata from monster hunter egenerations to monster hunter x and onto mhxx switch version
>tfw only option is to buy a cfw 3ds from ebay or something
JUST

Guys, getting kinda worried, I have one of those USB cables to charge my N3DSXL and the connection seems a bit flaky and now when I charge the light is staying on, it's been charging for at least 5 hours. Usually it's done in like 3, unless I'm dumb and never noticed.

Be a man and hardmod that shit.

If I'm not retarded can I stay on a9lh Luma and still update to latest firmware?

Wait for magnethax, boyo.

DS flashcarts? Don't bother unless it's a DSTwo. If you're using a 3DS flashcart in 2k17 you need to kill yourself.

Nope, your definitely retarded. Says right there in the guide that Luma and all future updates are b9s only. only takes like 15 minutes to change over.

I confirm this fixed the issue and my Rythm Tengoku save is safe again thanks user.

11.4 still works on old Luma so there's no need to update until 11.5 fucks things up.

No reason not to upgrade since it's 100% safe. No reason to upgrade either but it is technically superior.

If you play your games like a normal person Nintendo can't detect your CFW/hax. It was most likely due to illegal titles set as favorites or playing unreleased games online.

3 fucking weeks, where is it?

Newfag who hacked his 3ds half a year ago.

What else can a flashcart do besides emulate 3ds games and what cart is recommended here? I'm thinking about getting one.

I meant Ds, not 3ds. I know flashcarts can't do 3ds.

>tfw got banned
>don't play online ever so don't really care

Get the DSTwo Plus. It's more expensive than your typical R4 clone but has things like ingame menus for savestates/cheats.

If you don't care about that then just get a DSi compatible R4 clone for $5, they're all the same inside.

>DSTWO
enjoy the battery drain

tru

DST is awful, you literally halve your battery life for no reason. 3DS can already do GBA so the extra chip is useless and constantly running, even in sleep mode. Just get an R4i or Acekard 2i

Thanks.

someone?

Is there still no non-ROP homebrew launcher for 3DS?

Getting tired of having HBL launch download play 1/3 times I try to open it.

Laugh all you want, but last night, I kept fucking up and deleting and redownloading the files from 3ds-guide.b4k.co/ and now my 3ds will not start up at all. Idk what to do and after checking the manual I think it's bricked. Is there any thing I can do to save it? Recs for a new 3ds?

lmao how do you fuck up a step-by-step guide

did you throw away lego sets as a kid because you accidentally broke out the blowtorch and melted them?

>think its bricked
>not start up at all
by "not at all", do you mean the blue light comes on for a second or two, then fades back off? or nothing at all happens?

just want to confirm whether or not it has zero response to you pushing the power button.

Fuck, man, I'm not him and I followed the guide perfectly but when I was a kid I did this all the time, so many lego sets ruined by the blowtorch it was truly traumatizing

The blue light comes on for about a second and then fades back off

That's all it does right now

>CTRL+ F Blue Light Brick
>6078473 results
Same old /hbg/

ever oasis when?