/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Death battle edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocL54dZNvRY
youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38&feature=youtu.be&t=62
youtube.com/watch?v=9aTKNV6pX_Y
youtu.be/SrWsggxujAQ
youtu.be/nXn1JvFvu2c
youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for me selling 8 million copies

I wonder what Gunlance is gonna get for MHW. I kind of hope they don't forget it and buff it a bit so that it's up to snuff.

Monster Hunter!

I don't understand what you're asking, just play what you like

Best change of all: No more fixed damage

What's a good Dragon-resistant armor around HR7/Caravan 10? (Since virtually every monster is a dragon anyway)

>Nyancock

All the weapons (ALL of them) are good and viable in solo as well as online. The matter is only just how strong they are. Sure, CB is strong as fuck, but that doesn't mean that SnS is weak. I honestly dislike the fact that people told you to stick to SnS because you really should stick to whatever weapon you enjoyed using, rather than some arbitrary limitation imposed on you by people who "know better".

If you don't like SnS and want to switch things up, start spamming weapons in the tutorial, do it over and over again until you have a good feel for each weapon and you can beat the great jaggi within a reasonable time period and having taken a fairly low amount of damage.

Once you've done that, work your way back up to having a decent weapon.

Once you've done THAT, realize that Rathian is a bitch and that she's got relatively few safe windows, like all the stronger monsters. You just gotta be patient and study the monster as well as you can. Also make sure that you're keeping your armor up to speed as well as your weapons so that your defensive capabilities are decent.

To convert my save data from Gnerations to X, do I need to have a CFW installed or will homebrew be enough?

He didn't say that a weapon is worse than another.

He said that his SnS is on a higher upgrade level than the others and thus possibly stronger.

But yeah SnS is fine for rathian just gotta get better.

I think stygian zinogre set has like 20 dragon res, if i'm remembering right

damn theses moga girls are attractive

thanks man, its kind of problematic that I dont really know which weapon I like the most

I guess ill just do as you said and spam the 1* training quests until i figure it out

Watch some tutorial videos too, can't hurt, you know? Maybe you'll see something you like. It's kind of the biggest bump to get over in the game, I feel, because holy shit getting to know the ins and outs of 14 weapons is a pretty long process and, especially early in the game, requires a fair bit of commitment.

I did watch some for each weapon and deduced which ones I like the most but that still left me with 4/5 to decide between

modern Raths with SnS is suffering, even though the weapon is good for EVERYTHING

So which version of monster hunter is best to start with while waiting for world? 3U, 4U, or XX?

What's fixed damage?

4U

damage that doesnt depen on hitzones, GL shells deals fixed damage

You know you don't HAVE to pick a single weapon. Having multiple weapons is actually better since you can pick the best match for each monster, the only drawback is the cost of maintaining all of them.

If you have a 3ds, Generations I suppose, for the online play, 4U for the objectively best game of the lot, but with a dwindling online community.
If you don't have a 3ds, MHP3rd, on PC, probably.

i know, but i have the bad habit of maining one thing in every game i play so i prefer to stick to one weapon type

3U on Wii U or FU/P3rd emulated on PC if you don't hate your fingers.

Fixed damage sounds like a good thing, though, doesn't it? Or are you implying they're going to nerf the GL further.

Fixed is decent. Until you hit late HR/Grank

Why? The damage of the shells just don't do enough damage? I guess that they don't scale with the weapon or something?

WifeHunter's new MHXX video
youtube.com/watch?v=ocL54dZNvRY

>calling the GS evade+slap combo risky when the player is doing it on a downed Asstalos.
Shit like this is why people hate Gayjin

His daughter is cute though. I wish I had a japanese wife so i could produce adorable halfbreed children

Cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38&feature=youtu.be&t=62

Really is a reminder

what is cringe about what he said, user? Having children is cool.

>Cringe
Cringe

What? Adults shouldn't be watching movies or listening to music either, They're a waste of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=9aTKNV6pX_Y

>crying over videogames
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Anyone importing the physical version of Switch XX? What's the best way to do so? I want the limited edition

amiami

I never watched a video so idiotic in my entire life.
And I watched all of the feminist frequency ones.

>I seriously hope you guys don't do this
With all the shitposting, yeah no.

Wait, Switch XX is getting a limited edition?

I dunno and I don't give a fuck. But amiami is the best choice for importing preorders.

Thanks for telling me what I should and should not do, man on the internet.

I think everyone just did a "wtf monster hunter?!"
Even with the little leaks I didn't expect it to be there

>all those real women playing
How come the West only has trannys roleplaying as women playing monhun and Japan actually has real women playing? Are piggu women not good enough to play?

Whoops meant for

I fucking hate live reactions, they're so over exaggerated and why on earth should I care about what some literal who thinks about a video

>on discord
>stfu stfu!!

ishygddt

There wasn't a leak, it was an outright confirmed trademark filing

I'd say it's mostly because of faggots like Who enforce the mentality that video games are a waste of time and for children, whereas other forms of consumable media that are equally as much of a waste of time, such as TV shows and movies, are fine.

amiami has it for 5630 JPY and nip Amazon has it for 5399 JPY. What makes amiami better?

>these are the people we will be playing this with
Another reason to never go online in World.

You get a cute anime card saying thank you for shopping with them.

Nothing screams "insecure in my masculinity" quite like this faggot's look. All he's missing is a tobacco pipe and a bottle of whisky at the side of his desk.

What kind of people

The kind that was overreacting in that video.

>Playing with randoms
>Complains that they are retarded
These are the kind of people you'd be playing in World

What should be the correct reaction?

Not hyperventilating like an idiot and acting like a little schoolgirl that bumped into JB??

My reaction watching that live had me really skeptical. Didn't even gush out for a second.

>xbox controller
But souls started on the playstation.

You have some shitty reading comprehension.

is that his cumrag?

These reactions are from people who stopped playing MH since the Nintendo jump.

>MH "fans"

As proven last thread, there are no MH fans. Only handheld fans, and can be further broken down to sony handheld fan or nintendo handheld fan.

>proven
source?

Oh, so insufferable Sony fanbois then who refused to play 3 of the best MH games because it wasn't on their children's toy of choice? That makes me dislike them and their insipid fucking manchild screaming and crying video even more than I already did

Last thread. And the majority of people who are convinced that MHW will bomb because no handheld fan will support it. They don't care that it's MH.

Um sweaty...when you say you prove something, it needs to be backed up with data and arguments like this here You can't just go PROVED and not say anything else.

That's the one I had my eye on, I get why people are always farming the Stygian Zinogre online now. Some of those drops are gay in how many you get.

On an unrelated note, why do people say Rajang is a monkey? It's clearly a bull. or at least a bull-monkey.

>get to Barroth in 3U
>fight him with GL and HA
>works out terribly, too fast for me to respond adequately with either weapon, especially since I'm just learning them
>fight him with SnS
>beautiful fight with no real struggle other than maintaining sharpness and trying to find the impossible opening that will let me sharpen mid-battle
I love my sword and board. Here's hoping oils are in World.

Why are you sweaty? Got something to hide?

Did I say you could reply to me? Don't reply until spoken to, fuckface.

>shitposting is evidence of something
Yeah and the thread before that made us ask a really deep filosophical question: "Is this a t-rex??"

I hate America, man. I hate Americans.

Who the flying fuck cares what the people in a thread on Veeky Forums think about how well a game's gonna do? Ever since tortanic people here have been fixing for the next tortanic high. Everyone just wants everything to fail, it's getting really annoying and stupid.

So, is there even a window to dodge Hellblade's "bite-my-tail-then-beyblade-you-for-80%-of-your-HP" attack?

I feel like the only way I can avoid it is if I ran THE FUCK AWAY from it cause it even hits when I'm from behind sometimes

>Sources
>/v/ or Veeky Forums
Amazing detective work user.

I was just baiting for these hypocritical responses. I know I know /mhg/ is not one person, but at least I got what I want. Thanks.

People should already learn how to tell a sarcastic rhetorical question by now.

How many new monsters appear after you've done all the Caravan quests and up to HR7?

Also, what weapon do you *never* use? I never use the Horn or Hammer or Lance or SnS.

>J-J-J-JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED HEHEH

casually walk to and stand next to his left leg

Barroth is super easy with gl

>tfw Doom 2016 was supposed to suck but /v/ was btfo

See and read it again.

Come on man...

Live reaction videos are retarded since people inherently know they're being recorded and have over exagerate their reactions since that is the whole point of knowingly recording your own reactions.
This is all because of how stupid western livestreaming has become with all the socialmedia bullshit.
Reactions video are only legit if the person reacting doesn't know he's being recorded in the first place.

Superman dive

youtu.be/SrWsggxujAQ

Also

youtu.be/nXn1JvFvu2c

Thanks familia

Are these not genuine reactions then? They didn't know about the announcements.
youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg

Not him but I've had the game say fuck you and I get hit by nothing while standing next to there for the full damage of the tail slash

only the italian dudes are genuine

I still suck dick with it. I constantly mistake its moveset for LA.

>Gaming Journalists(aka Company PR shills)

You mean Barioth, right?

That's the least genuine reaction you could have found
Is this bait?

Stop posting mai waifu.