Redpill me on mk1 focuses br/o/s. Is it a good first car? I can snatch one for a good price, the 1...

Redpill me on mk1 focuses br/o/s. Is it a good first car? I can snatch one for a good price, the 1.6 petrol hatchback version

Yes, the ford focus mk1 is a brilliant car. although I'm not so sure about having it as a first car because of its slightly large size, especially if you're a city slicker, but if you can work your way around that, then it is probably one of the best shitboxes you can get

>slightly large size,
>focus

Europoors everyone

I had a mk1 1.6 for about a year.
It was awful. Things to note:
>awful seat position
>air vents impossible to position correctly
>slow as fuck
>you will die of boredom because it's so slow

I think that's just because you're a fatass

wow, I totally didn't see that reply coming from a mile away. congratulations on your 100% unpredictability and originally

>Yuropeon detected

lol I'm 6'2 165lbs.

Yeah, it's a fine first car. It isn't good at anything but it won't let you down either

SPOOKY

Nah, he's kinda right. OP here, and surprise-surprise, I'm a yuropoor. It would be used mainly as a city car, but occasionally I'll use it outside of the city, where I'd like to have enough horsepower to overtake a van or two. I would've been fine with a polo or some other city shitbox like that with 75 bhp and 1.2 engine, but them poor bastards squeal like they're about to die if you pass 100 km/h.

Get a Honda Jazz or Civic.

The Focus is pretty much an European Civic, minus VTAK and being slightly heavier.

A e46 is the EU Civic cause VANOS

>VANOS

*engine explodes*

The old 1.8 TDDIs are really sturdy, but slow as fuck.

As an MK1 owner in the states, the car isn't big, but its horrendous turn radius is.

mondeo is better.

oh look the boiracer came in preaching us how muh racing is the only thing that count on a car.

That's true, 200k euro miles on my engine and still going strong, no leaks nor rattles, power loss etc. (from 2002 it has done little over 10k per year, never used that much).
It does a very good mileage too, 23km/l avg (27km/l peak) for what is essentially a tractor it's pretty gooood.

2002 1.7 diesel astra with over 410k on it here.Outside of some rust and worn gearbox its chugging along fine.

Behold the king automobile of British ricers.

>not a Fiesta

It WAS a good car, it's a bit old now.
If you're planning on keeping it for more than 10 years don't bother

Burger here driving a mk1, 05 3 door.
It's smol on burgerland roads, one of the smaller cars you can get easily now days, which is sad. 2.0 duratec is the engine to have, because timing chain; same engine they put in caterham 7's actually. Light and nimble, rust isnt too big of a problem on mine. Never had to do anything on mine but replace the alternator. Exhaust too but that was an aftermarket exhaust, I see many with OEM exhausts that look fine. Only complaint is cheap interior and just cheap feeling but it's a bottom tier car from 05 with 161k miles on it so whatever. Also avoid the automatics, they're shit, get the mtx75 manuals, great trans.

what else then?
healthy unmodded civics from that generation are hard to find
>inb4 fugly golf

It's also a death box. Crash deformation is piss poor.

Who the hell keeps a used car for 10 years? Hell, who keeps any car that long.

>it's slow
Nigga stick some grippy tires on it and you can outrun just about anything

can I convert a US focus front clip to a post facelift euro one? Can't stand the way the us one looks

nice dubs

Rust is a huge problem on these cars deep in the salt belt.

I heard the automatic gearbox was shit until 2001, then they ditched it (i think they were made by mazda) and the ones from 2001 onward are fine.

aside rust is the mazda3 better in every way