Mxmg - Master X Master General

>What is Master X Master?
MXM is a new moba-type game from NCsoft that integrates both pvp and pve elements. You can play Diablo-like stages, 3v3 arena battles, or 5v5 matches similar to League/Dota.

>Why should I be interested?
MXM's uniqueness is found in the swap system. For all game modes you choose two Masters. During the game, you can swap in and out at any time with a relatively short cooldown. You can even swap while stunned, disabled, etc, though this drains the incoming Master's stamina so that they cannot use escape modes. Swapping masters provides for a lot of mind games and interesting team compositions. Each player is their own "team" in effect.

>Anything else cool?
5v5 matches are fast paced and limited to 25 minutes, preventing the agonizing losses found in other MOBA games. All normal attacks are "skill shots", and characters are controlled via WASD and the mouse, resulting in much more dynamic action than other MOBA games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHF9Wm1bd-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for nerf sizuka

she isn't really that great it's just that everyone misplays around her because everyone is new to the game

hint with masters like sizuka and rytlock: if they see you swap you're dead, so just always hide it or be unpredictable

the most dominant combo i've found yet was moro and sizuka because people would chase the moro...

Literally everything in this game has the potential to be fucking cancer.
I love it.

i'm worried that the game is dying super fast because of overreliance on too many different materials/tokens/etc

and the fact that you can buy every single thing with real monye except skins, the one thing that should cost real money. wtf?

Some game mechanics new players should know about:

You can fire inside of brush, but not through brush.

Ranged masters deal less damage to targets at close range.

Nodes (kind of like runes in league) have half effect in non ranked gamemodes.
They lose stats if you do deviate from a masters nodeslot colours.

Jumping reduces your stamina bar too. If you dodge too much you can not jump and vice versa. You can jump over a lot of skills with proper timing, this includes most ultimates.

You got something wrong there buddy.
The only thing that you can get via real money is skins and some pve noobbaits. You literally can not p2w, if you disregard that you can buy masters instead of unlocking them via gameplay.

You also get a lot of currency from just doing quests.
And I mean a LOT.

>you ltierally cannot p2w

yes, you can, since masters can be bought with money and so can boosts to get higher nodes and shit in pvp

V-Merang is mai waifu.

So it takes someone who goes all out aproximately two hours less playtime than a f2p player to achive a full set of gear.
Such p2w much wow.

shit nigga did you even play the game?
Is this what games have become?
Little bitches whining over tiny advantages that are literally only improving gearspeed by a negiable margin?

Boosts do not even increase the rate at which you gain pvp medals, which is the currency that you use to buy all the good stuff.

Damn son, you are one salty mofo.

a +.0000001 advantage paid for is an advantage paid for, the end

there isnt an argument to be made its a fundamental thing you don't do in games

what are those creeps on the raised platforms? the ritualists? what do they do

even the official site of this game doesnt have all of the basic info...

Shit son, you are stupid.

You do not get any pvp advantage because everyone can unlock the same stuff.

If I apply your flawed logic then League would be p2w galore compared to mxm.

Ritualist gives some EXP and 30 points.

Boss in the room gives 100 points (free titan) and debuffs towers for 25% more damage taken.

If you are on EU add "Loli" for an invite into the resident Veeky Forums clan. It is a bunch of players from /bnsg/ right now. Everyone is welcome.

Could anyone explain PvE to me? What kind of progression system is there?

ask them to come here

im doing everything i can to try to make this game survive

There is two types of PvE, Timespace Distortion and Stages.

Different TD are unlocked during certain days. They are fairly easy, come in two difficulties and are used to unlock masters that are based on other NCSoft game, like Blade & Soul, Aion or Lineage.

Stages is where the fun at.
You run through them and based on your performance you get a score. If you clear a stage with a fairly high score you unlock the next difficulty rating.
Difficulties range from babbies first pve to "nightmare", which is actually fucking hard and is only something that veteran players should run. Can run these solo, but its more fun in a group. You can do PVE with up to three players. Enemy HP is adjusted accordingly.

This might be hard because the game is so bloody amazing that people actually spend their time playing it instead of posting about it.

>yool two thousand and seventeen
>still making clones of a thirteen (13) year old game
DoA
o
A

Baws, stop lewding mai waifu.

game doesn't play anythign like dota

>Lilu still best character in game

welp

Hexwitch Lilu never

From what I've seen of this game it seems a bit more comparable to something like Battlerite than League or Dota in terms of mechanics, still, What's the grind rate on this game to unlock stuff?

It is actually pretty casual friendly. You get huge rewards for quests.

some bitch in my last game was throwing down a red ground field that stayed FOREVER was fucking HUGE *AND* damages you when you walk over it

what the fuck hero/skill is that, it won them the game solo

masters are kind of hard to unlock and it will take grinding to get them all. however individual masters are far more variable than heroes in dota/league, because each master has 5 skills that you can swap 2 of.

For instance the hero im playing a lot of bumaro basically has:
-Adhere to a target slowing or hasting them, healing or hurting them depending on if its ally/enemy
-Burst acid around you for AOE damage
-400% enhanced defense while regenerating HP stationary and then a knockback
-Reflect damage and then a knockback

so based on how you configure that one hero it synergizes a lot differently

each hero also has 3 weapon paths that control the characteristics of your basic attack and allow you t ohave faster/longer range/more damaging attacks by choice

is there a Veeky Forums guild in game?

What about any microtransactions? Only cosmetics/can buy heros, right? I'm a bit weak in the wallet tightness department.

Game is pretty cool.

EU has Mating Press. Leader is Loli.
I have no idea about NA.

Only Cosmetics/Masters and some PVE only items, like life chargers that let you respawn once you die, and items that heal you when you get low hp. You do not need them to clear PVE though. It is whalebait for the bads.

You can earn the ingame cash shop currency by just playing.

Everyone laughs untill they are a dancing sheep.

gimme a good node build for ghost widow

Is there a way to lifesteal in pve diablo style? trying to solo extreme the ant base but i cant keep sizukas health up enough

Life steal nodes are pretty garbage. You're probably better of putting a tag-out heal node or two and rotating between your masters frequently.

One lifesteal node should be enough. You usually want something that amplifies damage in your reds.

New player here. Why do people consider Lilu so strong? Are we talking about PvE or PvP? Can she and her allies attack people she's grabbed with the eagle or what? I heard someone say she's got good and safe wave clear or something.

What is it that makes people cry about her so?

the grab is pretty much almost a guaranteed kill in pvp with decent teammates.

>tfw want to play her again because she was so fun in the beta, but don't want to play 30 fucking titan ruins with her
rip

New player coming from League.
Is PvP less stressed here comparatively? I know there's always toxic people online but I'm hoping MXM is less stressful to deal with than Riot's little monster.

Also, do the daily rewards reset after you miss a few days? Or do you miss out on the whole thing once you drop the streak?

Login rewards are cumulative, so missing one day will break the streak. With calendar you should just miss the reward for the day you skipped and that's it.

So far I haven't met any toxic people myself. Today were actually the first ones since closed beta, but since they were just the usual lads talking smack while having a negative KDR themselves I didn't really count that.

Ranked mode still has to come out which may explain the lack of toxic people, but when it does come out most tryhards will probably just move to that anyways and keep the rest comfy. Having a lobby, minigames and Upside Down do a pretty good job at mending souls.

Oh I see now. That's not too bad, actually. Thanks for the heads up!

her lift skill which is basically rubick's telekinesis from dota is a normal skill thats better than some peoples ultimates

her ultimate does berserk fucking damage

Oh shit there's a general

Hmmmm.
Looking at the game's main site while it's downloading and I can't help but see that the Master's preview page is really fucking broken.
I can't seem to select or view some of the hero's and when i can it only displays any info about them half of the time. is it just on my end?

Mine is fine
Maybe try it with another browser.

Ignuma buffs when?

Is there any master actually op atm?
I can only think of vita maybe the sheep and titan stall ult.

Been playing through the game and so far it feels good to play, which is neat.
Also seems like you can unlock characters through challenges, which is another plus.
So far I think Pancuga is the most fun to play (But feels a little underpowered) but I think I hold off until I have more unlocked to give my final say.

What the fuck is Moro's "robo gogo" sub skill? It doesn't tell you anywhere

Apparently you can land safely by pressing jump when you're knocked up. this skill exists in the db but I'm not sure if it's enabled? haven't tried it

What's a good node setup for Poharan and ghost Widow?

Also damn, a general at last I thought no one else played this game

Encountered a guy raging at the team because we're capping fallen hero and backdoor incarnate(all enemy towers are down) instead of defending mid lane(which still has all towers intact). It's vs AI so I guess it's to be expected that there are retards there.

Nice clean GET

New master from Guild Wars when? I want Gwen.

buff sizuka

Every time he deploys a bot (uses any of his basic abilities) He gains a small self buff based on what robot he summoned.

This game is so much fun. I just started yesterday but I can't play because I go to china today for a month... play for me as well guys.

Hug emote when?

Been running Sonid x Koom and having a blast in unranked. If thing get sticky I can just swap and leap out with all the fucking shields.

Also, I'm having trouble picking my next master.
If I wait for 65 achievement points, I can pick up Vita, but I cleared Dr. Raoul's requirement earlier today to prep for him. Is Vita fun enough to justify waiting?

Vita is very strong. Raoul is strong but I'd say pick up Vita first. But then again, pick whichever you'd think you'll have fun with.

>Comfy discords?
That's a very good and reliable way to kill the thread if that's what you are after.

yeah, no need for discords yet. The general is dry enough as it is.

i didnt mean to have that name, must have been some weird shit with 4chanX when i asked for those on some other board

Is Kat the Cat really a "support" like the game says he is? His abilities make him look more like a tank

Are there any masters that have life steal from normal attacks or with some skill boost?

can't you just put lifesteal nodes on any master that has a fast attack speed?

Death Knight does, but his skills cost HP to cast so you're not really gaining anything unless you never use your abilities

I already have 3 legendary ones, but they don't seem to be that useful by themselves.

quick, post your favorite Master before the thread reaches page 10 again

youtube.com/watch?v=pHF9Wm1bd-I

Played the game just for her. Thank god for the E3 Humble Bundle for the help to lessen the grind and the free skin.

Downloading the game right now. How fun is it?

It's pretty fun. The MOBA mode is fast paced and very objective focused. The PvE is really fun and somewhat challenging in higher difficulty(experience may vary though).

Innowin. I like her playstyle and that she actually seems to be a major troll with yandere tendencies underneath the pretty girl guise.

JINGTAI
>that staff whacking

it got removed after the first beta for balance reasons

>15 assists
send help

play combat arena with AI vs AI, just set up kills for the bots. easy.

closing in on my second full legendary node page
feels good man

getting legendary nodes are so easy I don't understand people who whines that it's "as bad as LoL's rune system".

Can actually get nodes WAY faster by doing daily weekly and monthly missions than you'd ever get with boosters.

This game is not something you can understand by NOT playing it and just watching some videos. You just have to play it to understand how fun it is.

yep. some people will just look at a glance and think "oh, just a Dota/LoL clone". It plays so differently compared to those games. It's more active and reminds me of fighting games with the tag and how you need to time almost everything right.

my girlfriend actually had tits like that when she was 18. was the best time of my life

notice that i said when she was 18

fighting has seemd really floaty until getting to 50+ matches and all of a sudden people 100% combo you like it's dota. I like the mind game aspect of tagging

They need to allow controller remapping and it'll be perfect. It's pretty much a twin stick shooter in how it plays the only issue is some of the functions are not mapped yet in the beta support.

>he doesn't have a steam controller!

Should I unlock V-Merang? is she good?

she is pretty damn amazing

Arcblade hits like a truck for ranged poke and barrier reflects projectiles inclusing boss projectiles.

Arcblade is shit tier tho use the one that knocks people on their asses

what about for PvE?

Shes pretty good for pve too since she can stun bosses fast and projectile block makes runs a lot safer.

V-Merang is easily one of the best pve picks just because of Ringblade Barrier.

wait, what's the best way to get legendary runes? i've just been fucking around in timespace missions and the mini games.

PvP tokens (the starfist icon tokens).
One lego node is 150 tokens which is relatively cheap.

You get a crapton of medals from the weekly/monthly quests which you can complete pretty quick. Those should be more than enough for a whole set, not counting the medals from the pvp itself.

Tempted to get one while they are on sale but it still just looks so wonky like it'd be hard to use most of the time.

its not, you cant understand it by looking at it, you have to experience the haptic feedback and stuff like tilt aiming in fps games

>bought vmerang and hornet skin with real money
>suddenly feel superior to everyone