/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>"A fine dark soul, to you."
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

first for patches is my waifu

Furtive pygmy always wins.

For completing Lapp's quest. According to the pre-launch patch notes though, presumably you could only revive Argo at the Purging Monument and not at Velka's. But then they probably realized that locking that feature behind an obscure puzzle, a long-ass ladder, two Ringed K***hts and a Judicator Giant was probably not the smartest idea.

After beating TRC I'm thinking about replaying the rest of the series, been a long while since I touched Demon's or Dark 1. What are some fun builds for each game that aren't just quality?

Have you been able to produce any evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe that he is somehow the Furtive Pygmy, or are we still waiting on that? Because I'm curious why the Pygmy, some incredibly powerful figure in the Dark Souls lore, would appear in AC: For Answer, Bloodborne, and Demon's Souls

Does anyone here play in 21:9?

I managed to get ds1 and 3 to work but I can't get Scholar to work yet.

I tried hex editing and windowed 21:9 but its just screen tearing galore.

If someone managed to get it to work, please tell me how you got it to work.

DeS:
>Magic. It's stupidly OP.
>Luck w/blueblood blade
>regenerator build

DS1
>Early game boss order: Quelaag > Sif > Butterfly > Four Kings > Gargoyles
>27 str / 18 dex / 16 int / 30 faith utility caster. Use oolacile catalyst and thorolund tasliman and chaos/lightning infusion (until you get sunlight /DMB)

DS2:
>45/30 or 30/45 hex pyro
>powerstance / bow poison dex build
>lance
>2H greatshield only (bash attack)

DS3:
>30/30 pyro
>HP/FP regenerator build

>21:9

>Never ever due to trap acceptance...

replaying through DeS and I'm starting to remember how silly faith tank regen builds were
>blessed mirdan hammer
>adjudicator's shield
>regenerator's ring
you don't even have to go scrounge up grass, you just dodge for a couple seconds and you're good to go
shame none of the other games quite captured that

but user, traps are the best

Hey I come from /r9k/.
What stats, class and weapons would a chad use?
What stats, class and weapons would a robot use?
What stats, class and weapons would a Stacey use?

>playing a console game in 21:9

kys

So on PC, which name is displayed ingame? Is it the account name you can't change, or just your ordinary name?

character name

>shame none of the other games quite captured that
Good. It was broken.

DS1: Your Steam Name
DS2/DS3: Your Character Name

stop et.

I don't even remember what a stacy is

you question also depends on if you mean a "chad character" or a "chad player".

What's wrong with 21:9?

It works fine, it's only ds2 thats giving me issues.

if you need more width, get a bigger monitor and ditch the stupid aspect ratio thats good for nothing but media viewing

a stacy is a hot girl. The female version of chad
Aren't chad players and chad characters the same?
if not then what would a chad player play like and what would a chad character be like?

>DS2/DS3: Your Character Name
No, I've played on console and I know you can toggle it back and forth between username and character name, at least on 3. But I'm not sure if its the "steam username" or "steam account name" (the former is what you'd see on a friends list, the latter is what I think you type in to log in, and is unchangeable).

neither you twat, its the character name

No, I hate you

>broken
*applies cursed weapon to DBS*
*eats spice*
*second chance*
*eats spice*
*strafes to your left*
heh you're in trouble now kid........

Chad are Strength poisetanks that only spam twohanded ultras.

Robots are pure sorcerers who screech when people dodge their spells.

Staceys are Faith healsluts who spam regen shit in co-op.

A true chad playing dark souls would likely not bother changing equipment throughout the entire game. A character who is canonically a chad, on the other hand, would probably use some big str weapon.

A robot-character and a character-made-by-a-robot would also probably look different. The former would likely look like a vilheim cosplay, the latter would be a chad cosplay.

Put a bullet through your skull is the best answer.

Why was Patches a spider?

Then what is it in DS1 you cock goblin? Username or account name?

It sounds like you just had a bad experience.

I'm enjoying mine, I just need to get scholar to work with it and im golden

account name

Apostle of Amygdala in BB

welp, time to make a new account

no, i just dont like the trend of increasingly stupidly wide displays, i like to do things on my computer that arent just movies and games, and for some reason manufacturers hate good aspect ratios

is dusk user here?

okay seems to make sense but why would robots really use sorcery? I tend to use melee ultra weapons myself and I am a robot. I prefer edgy weapons tho

you make alot of sense.
What weapons would chad players use?

the other people had pretty good suggestions for chad.

The frayed blade is a good edgy weapon. Bloodlust is edgier, but its kinda shit. The twin katanas are also pretty edgy.

would a chad player use huge weapons though?
Have you ever played a game with a chad or something?
Did you notice what weapons he liked?

>twink with onyx blade and chaos bed vestiges
>die to one of his phantom range hits
>dies to a farron dart shortly after
>still got my ear
>salty twink invites me to a group called DS3 trash
no little faggot friend, you are the trash

Exactly, YOU prefer other aspect ratios.

I have both and have no problem with them, you need to take it easy with how this is bothering you because its not affecting you at all.

It's just an aspect ratio, use whatever you want and I will do the same.

But I still want some help if someone else has gone through setting up scholar at 21:9.

nope

>Chad
Equips whatever has the highest numbers. Only upgrades whatever the highest AR weapon he has at the time is. Always wears the highest defense armor. Doesn't even know what poise is but uses it constantly. Starts with the starting class with the highest level or highest strength.

If he's not dying to normal enemies, he doesn't do anything other than rush to the boss. If he's dying, he just levels up health and strength until he stops dying. Ends the game fatrolling at 100% equip load, SL155 (or 255 for DS2) with 55 vigor and 74 strength. Goes through the first half of the game not realizing there's a blacksmith. Skips all the optional bosses and areas. Beats bosses by just reaction time fat rolling and roll -R1s and facetanking damage and constantly drinking estus. Ironically by skipping all the optional stuff he ends up beating the game faster than average despite not knowing anything about it.

Doesn't learn what an infusion, miracle, or spell is, doesn't care because he's still killing stuff. Keeps seeking those higher damage numbers no matter what, doesn't explore the areas enough to find it.

>Robot
Soul efficient build, does everything to make sure he's acquiring the highest amount of souls possible so he can level up as quickly as possible. Farms titanite and souls to upgrade every weapon to its max as soon as he gets it.

He goes for sorcery build because "If you have magic, you can do both damage AND defense!". Goes naked or wears little armor with no shields because rolling is superior to blocking or getting hit. Takes "git gud" to the extreme and will watch boss videos and memorize their combos before even attempting them.

Has a Let's Play, IGN guide, and wiki going on in the background to make sure he doesn't miss out on questlines or items. Posts questions on reddit and Veeky Forums and then looks up the answer on google/wiki -before checking responses- so he can cross reference them.

Ends the game with perfectly softcapped stats.

Why didnt you add him and tell him that yourself?

It just makes it look like he got what he wanted by making you mad.

Post your onyx blade twink build though, i like the idea.

im just /g/ shitposting user, calm down

He was using the Onyx blade not me.
I'm not mad since I got my ear, just wanted to share his salt with the general

it's the public name, not the login name

>Posts questions on reddit
Do robots use reddit? I mean, is that part of the stereotype? Not asking for an empirical study.

wow thanks. You really explained everything properly. Everything about chad makes alot of sense. I can see a chad doing that really well.
He'd probably beat bosses while fatrolling because his superior reaction times will allow him to dodge everything right?
I'm a robot and you're right about everything there. That's how I played every souls game.
But most robots would rather use melee right?
I mean most of /dsg/ are STR players aren't they?
Does it mean /dsg/ is full of chads?

Chad would probably use cool-looking weapons he finds along the way, like Dark Sword.

he might consider that a cuck weapon though, since it's a black phallus

exile GS, you faggots

reddit is useful for information.
When you type a question on google, you're most likely to find a variation of it asked on reddit so you follow the link to get your info.
Posting questions on reddit so ask stuff about the game is something I haven't done yet, but I think robots could do it.

my cute female friend uses the onyx blade because it's pretty
so then i said "you're pretty" and she kissed me

>come to /dsg/
>get /r9k/

says the guy posting shotabait cartoons on Veeky Forums

O

why do some bonfires need a firekeeper and some don't? what's the deal here? or do they all have their firekeepers, they're just hiding beneath the floorboards or something?

>Stacy
Spends 3 hours in the character customizer at the start.

Uses the default starting gear, says it's really fun. Wanders around a lot in areas, even after she's killed all the enemies, just looking for small hollows to kill. Really likes how they make the items all glowy so you don't miss them. Listens to every NPC dialogue even though she has no idea what the story is. Doesn't light or sit at bonfires until she's out of estus.

Every time she goes to level up with whatever souls she's held onto, she asks her boyfriend or her dad (who don't even play the games, or maybe played once a while ago) what to level up. If they're not around, she just picks whatever looks low because she likes her stats to look all "even" because that's probably pretty good.

Whenever she dies she doesn't pick up her souls but keeps wandering instead. When she dies to a boss she just goes somewhere else.

She might pick up some other weapons but she is comfortable with her default gear so she uses it through the entire game. Really doesn't like the ugly/gross bosses. Eventually beats after she asks boyfriend/dad where she should go to next after she runs out of places to go.

Robots post their questions everywhere because they want to get the most responses and it would just be inefficient if you only asked questions on -one- site.

Chad is simple, but effective. Like a sports player listening to his coach, if the game says this weapon has higher numbers, he will use it because that's a better weapon. Maybe if two things are really close but one looks "cool" he'll pick it instead. Boss soul weapons are a thing he will use too because those are probably pretty good right? Assuming he stops boss rushing long enough to learn how to make them.

The hallmark of a chad is that they are simple human beings, but effective. They always do exactly what is expected of them and enjoy simple "X is better than Y" comparisons.

>why did ENB's wife leave him?
A bit late but as the other anons said, it was the other way around. Dunno about cheating but he 'found out she was a horrible person' and she apparently racked up some debts for him somehow.

Dunno how because he never elaborated on it much but apparently she totally used him as a means to get a Green Card and an anchor baby. The whole "she aborted the kids and enb found out that's why he's divorcing her!" angle is plausible because that's something that's known to happen with some nip women but there's no evidence for that to have been the case for this one.

To sum up :
>Miscarriages causing strain to the marriage
Confirmed
>Nip wife being "a horrible person" and that being the reason they're breaking up
Confirmed
>Nip wife using whitu piggu ENB as a means to get into the states and the whole marriage was a sham in the first place
NOT confirmed or backed up by evidence but plausible
>Miscarriages actually being intentional abortions by the nip wife
NOT confirmed. Plausible but a bit far-fetched.

>Nip wife getting railed by a black bull while ENB's playing videogames in Twitch for money
Not confirmed. Would be funny but likely a baseless rumour.

what a slut

PCFCBF

my rough male friend uses the dragon tooth because it's a big weapon
so then i said "you're a big guy" and he said _________

nip wife having abortions is only far-fetched if you think of her as a normal, decent human being which asian women aren't

Where?

bullying faithfuls is fun

MY

DEATH TO TWINKS

ALL TWINKS DESERVE AN ULTRA GREAT WEAPON IN THEIR ASS.

It's plausible because that's literally a thing that happens if they don't need more than one anchor baby. But as far as /v/ repeating it as "oh yeah it totally happened" goes, there's never been any evidence backing that up and most likely the real explanation is a much simpler one.

GOD

IS THAT A...

is DS3 playable with M+KB? Tried both DS1 and 2 with keyboard, and that obviously didn't go to well, so got a controller, but it's not working anymore. DS3 would be the only game I'd use it for, since I usually only play FPS.

what I'm really asking - is it worth buying a controller just for DS3, or can I do fine with M+KB? just want to finish the game and maybe a bit of pvp, but not like tryhard too much.

>He'd probably beat bosses while fatrolling because his superior reaction times will allow him to dodge everything right?

He fatrolls because 100% is the max. Why go under 100%? He's still able to dodge the boss so why go with less? And he has estus if he does get hit so no biggie.

>I mean most of /dsg/ are STR players aren't they?
Probably not, most /dsg/ is dexfags or meta /tier list weapons (meta tends to be dex anyway). Chads don't go strength on purpose though, they end up going strength purely because strength weapons have higher damage and if they're just roll-attack repeating (not doing combos or anything like that) then why would they use a weaker weapon?

/dsg/ is:
>half chads who wish they were smart enough to be robots because then they would be better at pvp. They are constantly asking about pvp builds and meta tier lists and shit. They're also the reason why so many /dsg/ fags are PC master race, and will shitpost against anyone who doesn't play on PC or are playing anything other than the newest release, because newest is the most active and DS1/DS2 are "dead games"
>half robots that are matthewmemetosis clones and will never stop arguing about their "objective opinions" DS1 vs DS2 vs DS3 vs DeS vs BB vs Armored Core vs Lords of the Fallen vs Skyrim and spend all their time getting into pointless debates about little details between the games trying to one-up each other with their knowledge of the game development

MOTHER
FUCKING
Yes. Personally I use KB only though

DS3 is the hardest with KB+M. I'd buy a new controller if you were planning on playing other games that are good with controllers (most third person RPGs/shooters) and the various PC ports out there. If you mostly play PC-specific and first person games though, maybe not.

What broke on the controller? It's worth buying a good controller and just taking care of it. Don't buy cheap controllers because they break fast.

I played my first run of DS3 on kb+m. It's doable and DS3's pc controls are the best ones in the series, but naturally it's better on a controller.

Also, if its a Dualshock 3 then chances are you could fix it yourself. Those things are really easy to fix if you know what went wrong and can follow youtube guides.

t. normalfag scumbag unvirgin

You nailed the stacy.
I don't know what class she'd use though. I doubt she'd use magic because she wouldn't even know how to attune right?

Your explanation of a chads though process seems accurate. But thinking X is better than Y is pretty efficient robot thinking right?
I don't know if a chad would compare weapons too much. He just wants to win really fast.

he'd run pretty slow with 100% equipload.
I don't think chads would be pc master race. Chads can't invest into a gaming PC because a PS4 would be better because they'd like to play on the couch.

>Because I'm curious why the Pygmy, some incredibly powerful figure in the Dark Souls lore, would appear in AC: For Answer, Bloodborne, and Demon's Souls

CHIM?

>What broke on the controller?
I did. Usually I've got good self control, but not that one time. It was xbox360 controller for windows

I guess I'll give it a go then. Will be pretty clear how playable it is in the first 30 minutes or so, so if it isn't I can just refund it, I suppose. Or get a new controller.

Do hosts not realize they're meant to stand back when somebody invades?
Leave it to the phantoms FUCK. We could've killed him if the retarded host didn't jump in pretending he's invincible.

>they're meant to stand back when somebody invades?
lolno. You literally invade someone else's game to murder them. There are no fucking rules.

>tfw no one plays Best Souls 2 anymore

>games that are good with controllers
>shooters

No, seriously, fuck you.

I know it's fucking hilarious and pathetic how these still people exist.

KINMUNE was Furtive Pygmy all along

Alright fuck the lothric knights and their stubborn grasp they have on their armor set. Anyone want to get invited to my world and drop me the chest, and gauntlets? I keep getting swords and lothric pants. So many swords.

First person shooters are great with KB+M

Third person shooters / ARPGs are better with controllers, especially cover shooters with fuzzy lock on.

>1300 health
>blue ugs lothric knight does the WA stance
>one shots me

Did these motherfuckers get buffed? He straight up one shot me.

>old
>single player
>no multiplayer mods
check and mate
Every game like that is an experience that must get old and die instead of being immortal cancer like the mobas and starcraft

>Third person shooters
Your fucking wrong though. Anything requiring precision aiming is better with a keyboard and mouse
Also souls are better with MK because its 100 times easier to play unlocked since you still have access to all your other buttons

I think what he's saying is, when someone rudely invades your world, it is in your best interests to try to do what you can to deny them their objective, which is to kill you, the host. Not just rush headlong towards that phantom and get killed by his combo, or dragged into a bunch of mobs and staggered to death.

fuck off BLOOD RUST you're fucking gay

what stat do virgins level the most?

Be right back, need to buy batteries for my Game Boy.

Were you in instability frames, or missing a piece of armor, or under some other damage penalty? Also, they can buff their weapons, you don't want to be hit by them when they do that.

Most modern third person shooters have fuzzy lock on and snap-to enemy aiming. They don't require precision aiming, they require analog stick movement and being able to control the camera while moving. Yes you can do all that with a KB+M but it's rough on the fingers and generally kinda sucks.

It comes down to how well the game's controls and aiming system works. Not all shooters are counter strike clones.

ATT, now fuck off /r9k/

Dex