Show me a better way to mount your phone in the car!

Show me a better way to mount your phone in the car!

>protip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/p/Impact-Gel-World-s-Greatest-Sticky-Grab-Pad-Black-921-2014/205053726?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg7HPBRDUARIsAMeR_0j4jxwDt_ricee09hauIMVukVJBemO7bYMw6Ra-K5JUz-JbS5lIn_kaAuUIEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPjw3YDHhdcCFYHYwAodsfkAog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Falls off

>buy cheap 2$ mount

nigga pay 15$ and you get a strong neodymium magnet

> Still falls off because it doesn't fucking matter

People who absolutely have to use their phone while driving shouldn't be allowed to drive.

nigga GPS and texting at red lights

you don't know what you're saying
I've been using this for 2 years
my phone hasn't fall of one single time

Just use the built-in navigation

are you stupid?

Try driving on my city roads then

I've driven on pretty shitty backroads with no issue mate

>Just use the built-in navigation
>Allofmywhat.jpg
>Doesn't have built in nav even on a fully optioned luxury SUV

Not everyone owns a vehicle with built in nav. And if they do those services usually have a subscription, no?

Most variations of those I like. With the magnet you stick on your phone and all. Also had one of these sticky mat things you put on your dash and liked it. Just get a good one and not a cheap shitty one that will leave a bunch of residue.

>Have 2012 Fit Sport
>Only one in my area with acceptable price had the nav option, which didn't actually jack up the price at all since it was a few years old and had 80k miles
>compact shitbox has a better navsuite than your fully optioned luxury SUV

also i don't have unlimited data, so.... yeah, i'll take mediocre 2012 navsuites over using data

I fucking hate people who use anything to stick their fucking phones on their dash or windshield as 99% of the time they drive slow as fuck or like fucking idiots

My luxury SUV is from 2003 and still nicer than lots of vehicles on the road today.
I don't have unlimited data either, actually. And I use Spotify just about every time I'm in the car, as well as nav when I need it. Usually the best way around all this is a good ol' paper roadmap or a printout of MapQuest from the computer. Or. Y'know. Being aware of your damn surroundings and knowing landmarks and mile markers. That helps too.

Only time I ever use GPS is when I'm feeling really lazy.

>Tfw angry because of a $10 piece of plastic with a magnet or clamp

Without context, your post made it sound like you had a late-model SUV, not one from 2003.

Anyways,
>I don't have unlimited data either, actually. And I use Spotify just about every time I'm in the car, as well as nav when I need it.
I have an endless playlist ripped onto my phone and just bluetooth it to my speakers. Never bought into that subscription-based music bullshit, especially when all the goys on my last deployment blew a fucking gasket when their music stopped working a month in.

>Usually the best way around all this is a good ol' paper roadmap or a printout of MapQuest from the computer.
I feel like you're intentionally being anachronistic here, implying that it's somehow 'better' to have to look at MapQuest pacenotes and hope you don't miss turns when you're visiting some friend who lives in a suburban area with like 30 turns along the way, than to just have a robotic voice tell you "take the next left".

>Or. Y'know. Being aware of your damn surroundings and knowing landmarks and mile markers. That helps too.

Yes, when I drove to Arizona to visit my parents, I memorized all of the junctions, exits, and routes that I needed to reach their not-city (i.e. not Phoenix, Tucson, any other major city), as well as all the turns to navigate to their house in the 'burbs once I had gotten there.

I don't subscribe to Spotify. Shit is free senpai, and if you're a smart one you ripped the tablet .apk for your android so you can select play any music on there and the only ads are like for home depot and Spotify premium. A minute and you're back to your tunes.

And shit, paper maps and road atlases have never had me lost once, and I've travelled all over. Forget that before GPS was really a thing that's what everybody did. Just works for me.

As someone in another thread put it, "you've got your phones with virtual waifus on them that you can't even yell at like you can with a real wife when she doesn't do a good job navigating."

Had a good chuckle m8, you getting heated over a standard piece of tech. Enjoy your newfangled GPS.

Been using these in my vehicles for the past year, best mount I've used.

i go offroading with mine and it still hasn't fallen off

Are you high?

>needing GPS
lmao
I just look at offline map, check it every once in a while or remember the route before I leave

lrn 2 navigate

cd player mount obviously

who cares if it breaks because cds are for niggers

Honda tried to charge my mom 30k for an Accord as all their cars with nav have full options.

She bought a 17k Accord instead.

Cupholder

your compass is wrecked now m8
that's what passengers are for
>vent tilts down

What kind of shitty vents do you have? Never had that problem

Solid mount is better in every way.
I've never seen a built in system that worked better than Google maps.

What is that magnificent mat called?

They have fake, plastic cd's with a mount for your phone. Put the fake cd in the head unit, it reads nothing, and then you have a mount for your phone sticking out of the cd slot which is usually a perfect place.

homedepot.com/p/Impact-Gel-World-s-Greatest-Sticky-Grab-Pad-Black-921-2014/205053726?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg7HPBRDUARIsAMeR_0j4jxwDt_ricee09hauIMVukVJBemO7bYMw6Ra-K5JUz-JbS5lIn_kaAuUIEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPjw3YDHhdcCFYHYwAodsfkAog don't get this one if you have a black vehicle though.

using this now because theres no decent case with a magnet cutout like iphones get for my zony xz1c. problem is the thing slides.

I thought magnets hurt phones. Why are these good holster ideas?

The fucking mount falls off, you double faggot

Correct

>Texting at red lights
If I ever find out I have a terminal disease, I'm going to drive around and shoot people that text while drive. Why? Fuck 'em. That's why.

Anyone here use their phone as a dash cam? Considering using mine as one with an iottie

idk, I use this. Paid $10 for it.

Won't the magnet fuck up your phones storage data ?

good job wiping out your phone circuits with a magnet

No, not strong enough.

if its not strong enough to wipe the circuits
its not strong enough to hold a phone up

Here you go, your winner.

Yes it is you dipshit. If it wiped the circuits, it wouldn't sell at all.

I bought one of these about 2 weeks ago to use Waze. It's been fantastic so far. Pair it with a usb cigarette lighter port to charge the phone and you're set. Hopefully the adhesive on the metal plate that goes on the phone doesn't wear off

>your compass is wrecked now m8

The compass on your phone uses your GPS signal you fucking melon.

My car has a little nook where the infotainment unit is that I can jam my phone into and still see the screen (and it doesn't fall out).
Only downside is I can't see the screen with my sunglasses on because polarization.

you don't want a magnet near a computer because it will mess with the hard disk drive. Phones use solid storage

If the magnet was strong enough to be useful, it'd be impossible to remove the phone.

fag/10 gadget

The magnet attaches to a metal plate you put in the phone's case/shell you idiot.

I'll mount your mom, OP. Put your fucking phone away.

>mounting your phone

if you don't know where you're going get the fuck off the road

>having to carry around extra phone parts just to stick your phone to a air vent

kys

>not putting your phone firmly in driver's door storage net
Cucked status: 2000%

it also uses a magnetic compass

I had one of these for almost 10 years now, my phone never fell out of it, and I've taken that thing out, and put it in an ATV. its solid as fuck.

I thought using magnets around electronics was a no-go

Is your town so small that you have to fuck your sister?

Wrong.

Just use Android Auto or Apple Carplay, no need to fuck around with a tiny touchscreen

I had one of these but the heat like melted the glue holding the magnet to my phone

How about just not using your phone while driving?

Are you the guy that uses paper maps?

No, i'm the guy who pays attention to what's going on around me while operating a heavy piece of machinery.

>needing phone to navigate
>2017

Guessing you guys drive to the same place an back every day. I'm a realtor and I'm always going to new properties, the live traffic updates are a god send as well

Buy a sat-nav then. Using your phone while driving is always dangerous. I don't give a shit about the context.

>"OK Google, take me to
>phone navigates me to said address while directing me around traffic without ever touching or even looking at it
Wow so dangerous

I have a vent-mount that clamps onto the phone, it came with the obd-ii-plug I ordered
I use it every now and then and it didn't fell off yet

sat-nav is more dangerous than a phone you dumb fuck

what in fucking tarnation is that dash

same, it's fuckin perfect.

>you need to be looking at your phones screen 24/7 365

kill yourselfs

My phone overheats with a mount like this when I have the heat on

Read a book nigger
Try Compocam app for android and you'll see

Why would you mount your phone in the car? For what specific reason? Why? Literally zero reason to do so.

Just put your phone in the damn cupholder like a normal person. It's free goddammit.

Then you can't see it

>all these assmad posters angry that some people may need their phones at some point while one is driving
If you don't like the topic, stay out of the fucking thread. Your bus ride might be a bit more enjoyable

This is the one I use now for over 2 years, great stability and comfortable viewing

>buy and install a device that costs a few hundred dollars
>use existing phone you already have and a $20 mount

Hmmmmmmmmmm

not him but pretty sure it's a Fiat 500

>die in a car crash
>don't die in a car crash
Really makes you think.

>small screen with navigation that can be voice controlled
>somehow different and more dangerous than a different small screen with navigation

It's. Free. Goddammit.
Or yeah let's wreck from gazing at our phones rather than listen to a robot say "take exit 43"

its neodymium, which are naturally shielded magnets, retard

It's nice to have a quick visual reference. Phones have car mods you know

You read a book, nigger. GPS compass doesn't use magnets.

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm looking for a way to mount two phones if possible. I have a small CD slot magnetic mount and a makeshift mount in an air vent, but that one isn't very stable and the steering wheel tends to block it