I personally think there's going to be a greater demand in 10 years for liberal arts majors than there were for...

>I personally think there's going to be a greater demand in 10 years for liberal arts majors than there were for programming majors and maybe even engineering.
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethnicelebs.com/mark-cuban
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-17/dog-walkers-to-be-more-in-demand-than-teachers-in-next-decade
genzman.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/dont-listen-to-mark-cuban/
youtu.be/aGit-XltUB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What did he mean by this?
that economics and math is the way of the future

He's Mark Cuban. He's a neoliberal faggot hell bent on throwing you into debt.

He just needs the cheap unskilled labor now that illegals are being booted from the States.

>He just needs the cheap unskilled labor now that illegals are being booted from the States.
genius business move! Thinking like this must be why he is rich

He said
>the market will collapse if trump is elected president

Do the opposite of what chamowitz says

ethnicelebs.com/mark-cuban

He means it's easier to teach a normie how to program than it is to teach some autistic computer science grad how to act like a normal socialable adult in the workplace. I see it here at my bank all the time.

this, but i also think he meant liberal arts majors as free streaming idea guys, seeing as automation is the future someone is gonna have to come up with products to sell. Otherwise machines arent gonna be needed to make anything.

well if he means that he is fucking wrong then. easier to teach a chimp to write good code than lamlams.

someone will have to orally service jamal and your other new dark lords every day so they not chimp out lamlams will be perfect for that.

The problem is programming requires efficient algorithms and critical thinking. Something autist computer science grads can't quite grasp and were never taught. They just understand basic logic and syntax. You can have a group of normies come up with a good program then hire one autist to fix all the bugs. Having a circle of autistic trying to discuss how something should work never works out. Why do you think Google is so successful? They hire a bunch of women and neoliberals that may not know how this or that affects memory cache, but they can develop a better algorithm and idea overall.

If you read the actual text of what he says, he says that a lot of skills needed now pertain to how data is used, not necessarily the gathering of data. Thus, there's an added layer of critical thinking involved.

I don't really understand how liberal arts plays a role in this, but I understand kind of what he's saying. He seems to be saying that we need more creative, out of the box thinking types and that that's where the true success will be in the future. Getting a degree in finance, engineering, or econ may be like getting a cubicle job as a wageslave.

You're just shitting out bullshit you read on Veeky Forums. In my school you take two whole classes dedicated to algorithms.

Wow two whole classes. I've read over 20 books on algorithms and programming methodology as well. And I work in a bank developing enterprise software, while the majority of these autistic computer science grads coming out of state public Universities who took their 2 meme classes in algorithms can hardly do shit besides make the syntax look nice and basic logical methods.

>i have read 20 books on algorithms
>other people are autistic
K

What do expect from a bachelors when you only take like tops 15 classes in your major for a degree? The people who are doing the hard shit have phds and masters.

With a bachelors in cs you are still way better prepared to program then some dork with a degree in creative writing. Its also expected you intern and do projects while in school which will teach you things that wont be taught.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-17/dog-walkers-to-be-more-in-demand-than-teachers-in-next-decade

what a load of bullshit... at one hand i have some experience working with people that were "retrained" for programmers from other fields like electric engineering or liberal arts. they are so fucking useless it hurts. their brain is simply wired wrong for this work even tho they can learn the programming languages they can't write decent code if you beat them to death.

as for your claim cs graduates are not thought algorithms i have no idea where you got that from. but from my experience in the uni they don't really teach you anything aside the basics if you don't learn research and practice on your own you will never be more than a less than mediocre little shit in your field. this is especially a problem when fucks choose cs for the pay not because it interests them in the slightest or they have an affinity for it or anything. they just want a comfy job in demand. this is about 80% of the applicants.

overall people coming out of uni are useless for years but cs majors are at least somewhat and sometimes salvageable. i couldn't do anything with a liberal arts major. we wouldn't even speak the same language.

so lay down the frogweed dude you have no idea what you are talking about.

>thought
*taught lol well it's still early for me

>Getting a degree in finance, engineering, or econ may be like getting a cubicle job as a wageslave.
that much is at least seems to be true the futures wagies are these as many older traditional blue-collar jobs go extinct.

how creative out of box thinkers can lamlams be i have my own reservations about that.

>Why do you think Google is so successful? They hire a bunch of women and neoliberals that may not know how this or that affects memory cache, but they can develop a better algorithm and idea overall.
this sentence reminds me of that story when marissa and an entire team worked months on this pic related...

if that seems like a sane thing to you, then go ahead hire away from that pool!

and no that doesn't mean the search algorithm or anything technical like load balancing or caching. no just this piece of highly sophisticated and visually pleasing html.

it cost google to develop this nearly a million dollars.

Mark Cuban is the most cliche motherfucker who ever lived. Everything he says makes it seem like he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about

>>the market will collapse if trump is elected president

Just wait and see

i think the market is way more resilient than most people give it credit. but trump is proving to be way more childish and obnoxiously idiotic than most people would have dared dream. as far as i'm concerned tay the nazi robot given free reign would be better president.

It's not that hard to understand. In 10 years the West will be ruled by a global progressive liberal matriarchy. The process is already begun. As more and more STEM jobs are being destroyed by automation there will be a growing demand for people who majored in gender and racial studies. If you think that hundreds of thousands of students, who are majoring in women studies or Ebonics don't know what they are doing - think again.
Their degrees will be worth their price in gold once Michele Obama becomes President in 2020. Good luck getting your cv and diplomas out of trash bin STEMfags. Your time is over.

Send bitcoins if you don't want the liberals nor the republicans to win the elections in 2022.
1FWqkmD3CiyM2XvbCwLuR63PGZ5UCNWVh9

oh great its mark "hold everything in cash most of the time" cuban with another useful bit of advice!

Mark was refreshingly spot on even if he's still carrying some political tag, sometimes his statements are disruptive ("divesification is for idiots", "if you start a business on a loan you're a moron") but his statements are too often taken out of context, tech is disruptive and when he says:

"greater demand in 10 years for liberal arts majors than there were for programming majors and maybe even engineering"

Nobody understood what he meant in this thread because maybe you're either still studying, cornered within an operational subset of thinking or out of touch

It's automation. Elon Musk also recently announced with some controversy that universal basic income is going to be necessary.

What Mark meant is that academic achievement will be less correlated with social progress.What's often considered academically prestigious involves high selectivity and a lower supply in a specific skillset with high demand. You've seen the academic tier chart on this thread on degrees that are worthy and others that are "shit" but the truth is that the market will rely less on grunt work executive function with their intricacies. The core function is well-rounded individuals with the whole package in formulating thought into a model to produce results since automation provides the framework.

You know he was elected months ago, right?

>He means it's easier to teach a normie how to program than it is to teach some autistic computer science grad how to act like a normal socialable adult in the workplace.
This is true, but you don't really learn social skills in liberal arts. That's what fraternities and clubs are for.

There's value in all degrees, but why not learn a concrete skill if you're going to waste a shitload of time and money?

>growing demand for people who majored in gender and racial studies
That'll never happen. Best case scenario, they do nothing except prevent harassment and discrimination lawsuits. Worst case scenario, they act as extortionists, threatening bad publicity and lawsuits if they don't get their way.

Grievance studies people remove value from the economy. Even in the best case scenario, their labor would be better used for digging ditches and then filling them in.

>This is true
jesus have you ever tried to teach anyone, not a lamlam, just an average person working in a tech field programming? it's fucking impossible. yeah they will learn it like they learn history memorizing tidbits and trying to fit them together getting frustrated and spending weeks in the iterations of these pieces that don't fit then give up and ask for your help. that's what happens every fucking time. it's insane.

sometimes i think you either have the brain for it or you can learn it till the end of your life you will still be shit. lamlams are about the lowest bottom of the vast demographics that will never ever be able to learn programming.

>They hire a bunch of women and neoliberals that may not know how this or that affects memory cache, but they can develop a better algorithm and idea overall
You're mixing apples and oranges. Algorithm for what? A memory allocation library? No way. A stupid android app? Probably.

The guy got rich through trial and error, but unlike everybody else he can financially bounce back from error.
And you're right, the shitty advice he gives is full of rhetoric and "You gotta work smart, not hard!" levels of bullshit that he knows how to sell very well.

Liberal arts majors are better at thinking. Compared to STEM their supposed skillset, well not exactly employable, is going to be harder to replace with whatever robots or english-speaking Indian/Chinese people get imported in next decade.

You're a CS undergrad literally arguing with a guy about the field he works in...
You may want to take some precautions to not become one of those aforementioned autistic code monkeys by the time you graduate.

right because the illegals are all taking our stem jobs

>copyright 1998
Yes I too am sure Google and the tech industry have not changed in the last two decades.

This is factually wrong, most liberal arts majors I know are completely fucking retarded.

Anyone can cultivate the skill set that is often touted as a benefit of a liberal arts degree. All you need to do is be half-sociable with other people and read books that aren't about technology. I'd recommend a public speaking class or two as an elective and take advantage of writing workshops on your campus.

Yes, that too would help create the type of well-rounded person who is somewhat harder to automate.

But most students are "completely fucking retarded," it's not limited to arts.
Walk into a first year computer science class on any campus in the country and tell me how many mongoloidian meme machines who don't look like they know how to operate a washing machine you see.

They need people to market ideas. That being said liberal arts degrees are useless. Its more about being attractive than being socially adept

What is lamlam?

This is wrong, social skills still dominate, as long as you aren't deformed looks don't matter beyond having the hygiene and clothing your peers expect.

All the average person needs to do to look good is to not be fat in most cases. Being fat ruins your look in suits and ruins your face.

False
Looks determine success in the end. Tall white men with broad faces dominate the world. There is a reason are prisons are filled with so many ugly men.

>There is a reason are prisons are filled with so many ugly men.
there's more than one:
1. ugly people may be more innately prone to crime
2. ugly people may be more likely to be arrested by cops and convicted by juries
3. ugly people may be mistreated by society and choose to rebel against it in crime

nobody knows which of the 3 dominates.

This guy knows

liberal arts major

and now i am a cs undergrad probably arguing with a lying samefag but whatever.

I also work in the field. I have a few friends who have already got jobs lined up at top companys like google and amazon doing shit way harder then what ill be doing. Guess what? They arn't some liberal arts retard who wrote a creative analysis on black tattoo culture. They are people who networked through their major department, got internships doing relative work, and joined academic clubs working with complex shit.

google isn't hiring "retarded minorities" with world religion degrees to write algorithms. They are hiring CS undergrads with relative experiance, and for their more complex work they are hiring CS graduate students.

as for becoming a code monkey, i really have no problem being this till i can complete an MBA. especially since code monkeys around here make 60k a year doing easy work.

January 20th to be exact

>people actually care about what Mark Cuban has to say
The man has been wrong in basically everything

i'm just showing you what merissa mayer worked on with an entire team of devs for about half a year for google. 20 lines of html. i imagine things have gotten a little bit worse since than.

maybe you just have bad teaching/motivational skills

he is not wrong
but demand will be extremely high for both highly trained individuals and liberal arts majors.

One needs to consider how many people will also be retiring from high pay jobs in the over the next decade as well as from the liberal arts.

yeah but than somebody would have succeeded at one point.

>he is not wrong

Nope. He's full of horse dung, bud.

genzman.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/dont-listen-to-mark-cuban/

Someone post that video of Cuban on the Bill Maher show saying that clock boy ahmed was a genius

He means that in 10 years robots will be running the world and we'll all be living on basic guaranteed incomes and the only "work" left to be done will be entertaining each other with our liberal arts degrees.

I am very skeptical, though. I'm pretty sure that once robots become powerful enough most excess humans will simply be killed off or enslaved if they have some practical purpose.

Yeah pretty much, but people give him attention because he sold a company to Yahoo in the tech bubble. Let's not forget Yahoo has crash and burned since then.

Most rich people are opportunists, not innovators.

Well go on and then name this "Critical thinking" you stupid fucktard. This is about as far as it goes.

Stacy; "Oh wow I want Lipstick!,"

Liberal Tryhard Faglord; "Oh my god the data metrics say that we should put it for 10% discount and additionally put some on back order so we can get a discount and further profit!"

Stacy; "Oh lol full price, well looks like I'll pay for this on husbands credit card"

Liberals ruin business every day. Over complicating business practices + incompetent management is pretty much 99% of modern business.

Here you go.
> youtu.be/aGit-XltUB4
Check out the link I posted above though

>The core function is well-rounded individuals with the whole package in formulating thought into a model to produce results since automation provides the framework.

Humanities majors still won't be the ones to provide that.

He'd be closer to the mark with his theory if he'd said Philosophy majors or some other non-STEM field where people don't go simply because they can't do math.

>Liberal arts majors are better at thinking.

are you in middle office of a bank? Every middle office role I've had phone interviews for sound awful because the people are generally unpersonable

yeah i can't comprehend where he got that either. probably never realized who works in mcdonalds cashier positions.

No. November 8th was when he was elected, and the market reacted immediately.
His policies have influenced the markets before he was even inaugurated and able to directly influence them.

>The problem is programming requires efficient algorithms and critical thinking. Something autist computer science grads can't quite grasp and were never taught.
Holy shit, you guys are all so retarded that it's giving me a headache
>having this much cognitive dissonance

not that guy, but I get the impression the point was to shill liberal arts being a great career move endlessly, and then set up an enterprise that relies on their cheap labor since they have no other real options.

Best post of the thread right here.

Some rich people love to say things publicly that they know damn well are not true. I think they do it to throw off the masses. If even a few people buy into their bullshit, it's more people that will not compete with them, and will be their peasants.

>Jews changing their names to sound less Jewish

this should be forbidden

>guy who got lucky by selling his shitty streaming company to Yahoo! for billions before the crash gives out shitty advice to others
Big surprise

t. liberal arts major

He's saying
>Every common job will require a 4-year degree so the easy liberal arts demand will be huge but the pay will be garbage.