It might seem cheesy and cliché, but I really, really want an AE86. Or an 85. Why? Bot because of Initial D...

It might seem cheesy and cliché, but I really, really want an AE86. Or an 85. Why? Bot because of Initial D, I haven't watched it in ages. Because the poor bastards just get riced or ruined. I found a couple, but they all seem to be either riced or sold to possible ricers. Help a guy out?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18070667/#18077397
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im going to import a beater one and drift missle it.

As long as you don't rice the shit out of it.

import one or try in vain to rescue one by throwing money at the internet

Either way, I am getting one. The things need love, not shitty paintjobs and Japanese tofu shop stickers.

86's to me are like the adorable little dogs of cars. You just wanna hug it.

>The things need love

How much fucking love should a car receive?
It has a monstrously huge fanbase, semi-legendary status and all that while being quite mediocre (at least it was when it was new).

If I was you I'd research and look for relatively ignored cars that have interesting characteristics but get ignored by the masses + scrapped. THOSE need actual love.
You just got influenced by the mainstream, that is all.

But said ignored cars can be expensive as fuck, user.

and an AE86 isn't in 2017 for what it is with all the fanboi tax? oh come the fuck on.

read this

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18070667/#18077397

dude you can get 70's rwd japcrap thats almost as good for half the price. go find a late 70's Z car or a TE series corolla with a 2/3T engine.

meh
If I had another choice, probably an old mr2 or supra
If not those, then a 97 civic or something, or whichever civic was the sedan

This picture made me grit my teeth

I want one because I like them, not because hurr durr inertial dong dorifto

But seriously, where can someone buy one for less than 5k

japan. you have to import it tho.

Well yeah, but websites or people?

Actually, browse around Craigslist. I saw some in Las Vegas, Georgia, San Francisco. If you're lucky, you could find one. All of the ones I saw were fairly cheap too.

>import ae85 for relatively cheap
>make it look like tofu car
>post on Craigslist saying initial d car
>charge outrageous amount
>watch as you gets hundreds of emails and eventually sell it to some shmuck who doesn't know the difference.

Don't bother trying to find one in the USA. The only good ones are all in nipland, youd be better off importing one from there. You can save a decent amount of $ if you opt for levin instead of trueno

California. But you won't get a good one for $5k. Aim for $6.5k-7k for a functional car. It took me three months of daily searching on CL and club4ag to find mine. I drove 400 miles just to check it out before too many other people could throw offers at the guy, then drove back that same day. Flew back a few weeks later to pick it up after the guy fixed it up to the advertised condition, and drove it back 400 miles. You're gonna need to do similar shit. I spent $6.7k on mine, plus around $1500 in upgrades and maintenance over the course of two years.

Leave Veeky Forums, go to club4ag.com and start reading. They have classifieds as well.

>making someone go full Itsuki IRL
>mfw

eat guard rail

Faggot who was tricked into buying an 85 detected

same

>Because the poor bastards just get riced
then fucking buy a cheap riced AE86 and restore it.
Put some elbow grease into it and it will be so much better.

That's exactly the feeling I got when I looked at mine. Felt like an older dog that needed more attention. Never really failed me and always reciprocated many times over in performance and reliability than what I put in. My fiancee was always jealous. She wasn't wrong to be.