Should i buy an indian made HD street 500 for my first bike?

should i buy an indian made HD street 500 for my first bike?

Other urls found in this thread:

2keller.com/library/harley-davidson-wobble.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=Gmw6QppXnEY&t=108s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if these bikes werent so shiney, and gave a rustic look, theyd be cool

i don't plant to wash it or repair any scratches or faded paint so it gets a natural rustic look.
also i will need to ride it through almost 4000km of desert to get it home if i pull the trigger on the one i am looking at now, so it should look nice.

As someone who shopped around and test rode one, they are absolute junk.

t. David Harleyson

I am bike agnostic. I ride a Norton for fucks sake.

The streetrod is decent but the bike still has shitty production quality. Raw messy welds, nothing tucked away. Shitty pig iron brackets that crack.

If the dealer "lets" you buy one.

After years of riding clapped out old bikes I spent more time wrenching and waiting for New Old Stock parts to arrive from Billy-Bob's #{BIKEMODEL} Emporium. I decided I wanted to buy a new bike for a daily ride.

Went to Yamaha to look at the FZ-07 found NONE of the dealers near me would do test rides, walked the fuck away.

The only dealers that would do test rides were Harley, Indian, and Ducati-BMW-Triumph-Other.

Went to Harley to look at the Street 750, rode it, it was okay but I figured since I was there I'd talk price, Immediately on coming back the Sales Staff were trying to push me onto an 883 Sportster. Wouldn't event talk shop on the 750 until I rode the 883 which I didn't do, so I left.

Went to Ducati-BMW-Triumph-Other and rode a shit ton of bikes, settled on a last years model Ducati Scrambler, 8k out the door with taxes and DMV shit.

Took the Rider's Course at Harley Davidson on one of those.

Never again.

Get an Actual Real Bike like an FZ6, SV650, R3, FZ6R, CBR250.

Stay the Fuck away from Harley, shit handling, shit suspension, you will look like a massive faggot.

Fuck no, their ergonomics are terrible unless you have really short legs

Just get a Triumph if you want that kind of look and riding position or an Indian Scout if you want a cruiser

God no, the Japanese do cruisers way better.

Yamaha Bolt would be better.

This. Harleys are all about the image and not at all about the riding experience. You will look cool to the harley fags and insecure people but everybody else see you as a massive faggot. Sacrificing efficiency and practicality for style is Harley's shtick. Retarded lobsided motor timing to produce a unique sound, long uncomfortable handlebars that turns heads (in a bad way), flame decals with murican symbolism, rear dual shock suspension cuz its kool, belt driven because it's murican (less hp to wheels), etc etc

You're better off with a japanese cruiser or an indian (Indian is still bad but not Harley bad)

Muh performance isn't even the biggest problem with harleys. They're designed so poorly the literally crash themselves. Why? Gotta have that harley look. Modern engineering doesn't look harley enough, it looks triumph or BMW.

2keller.com/library/harley-davidson-wobble.cfm

Sonny Barger himself isn't too fond of harleys either. He rides a victory and recommends hondas and BMWs.

Harley let the american people the fuck down. They could have blown honda the fuck out. They had partnerships with porsche for engines. They were working on a V4. They were envisioning a future with standards, sportbikes, dirtbikes, generators, outboards, and ATVs. And then they picked up their shit, shoved it in a warehouse, and said "you know what, that aint harley.", so they made bikes that crash themselves.

And then America's motorcycle industry was a flop for the next lfietime

The government had to protect HD from being pushed out of business by imports. If it needs fed protection it's a shit product.

It kept wanting to sell products from the 1950's. Outdated Machines Because Muh Heritage, only meant for straight roads.

Look At this Bike compared to a Harley. It blows Harley out of the water in every aspect. Ascetics, Ride comfort, efficiency, handling... It's 50 years ahead of it.

R E B E L 500
E
B
E
L

user that's a hideous budget grade parts bin bike

yamaha got better. now they're selling these for the same price as a sportster.

HOLY SHIT THOSE DIGITS

HARLEY BTFO

Moto guzzi does American bikes better than harley

are 2018 harleys as shit as i've been hearing?

This makes me sad :(

Underated get

>2018 harleys
Were Harleys ever good?

Ducati, BMW, Triumph, etc. dealers are based because those are bikes for people that actually ride and the employees are actual riders lol

If Harleys were cheap as fuck (and they should be, they've been using the same materials and designs since the fucking 60s) they would be worth it. But they aren't. They're considered luxury items because they are so expensive. Shit is fucked man.

Then another 8k over the next five years in timing belts and valve services

More than you can afford pal. Ducati.

Funny, my Manual for the Scrambler says 15,000 miles or 60 months for the time for the belt . Valve Clearance is every 7500.

I do about 7500 a year on my bikes, maybe more now with the Ducati since it isn't always broken down, that means doing basically one big service (Oil, Valves, Detail Cleaning) once every year and one real service every other.

Likely I'll be selling the Bike to some sissy-nu-male trap cuck hipster before it needs the second replacement belt.

Or I can buy the Hurly Derly and do 3 oil changes every month.

checked

Get a real Harley.
Sports are horridly uncomfortable
They're designed that be ridden hard on a track and nothing else.

Also I sat on an fz and it crushed my balls. /dbt loves em
Wonder
Why

>/dbt/: dick and ball torture

It looks like dogshit
With a shit riding position
Power ranger track wanna be.

>Tube Frame

Enjoy your Death Wobble Nigger

>and it crushed my balls

You mean ovaries?

Go 120-130 all the time With mine
Zero issue
I also enjoy useable torque off idle

youtube.com/watch?v=Gmw6QppXnEY&t=108s

>Harley Frame experiencing an amount of flex under stress due to poor frame design.
>Reason why CHP Retired them.

Try a Curve

>His oil is stored in the sump and not in the frame
Your entire bike spells gay and slow

If you are goIng that fast then you just need to be on a track
There is a reason you cunts pay 300/month for insurance.

Fz's are garbage

You can see them amount of real engineering that wen't into the Yamaha, Efficient CAD aided design, Carefully engineered to be durable and ergonomic vs Lazy Harley Bicycle Frame design they expect you to pay $40K for.

It's a better product, better design, reason why Harley needed a bail out, and it's getting raped in it's own market, and needs cucks like you to keep it alive.

Hilarious you mention that I had a python with inframe oil that failed and I had to mount an external one

Post ur bike
Ur just parroting /dbt who doesn't ride

Stay Mad

At least your python has a dry sump.
Wet sumped motorcycles are lazy and show that they were designed to be liesurely used by old people.

>$150 a year to insure

;^)

My 20k Harley is 30/month

Any faggot who would pay over 100/month to be
A power ranger on the weekends is beyond silly. Cost to own truly isn't much different after all.

Insurance on this bike literally cost more than The average harley payment
Pic:my 220/month insurance power range bike I got rid of

Horribly uncomfortable and yet hard wanna be track bike

Your ktm isn't much better. Like sitting on a 2x4. I also ride a 2x4
Pic related

I’m not even a bikefag and I know who you are. You’re that massively insecure faggot who shills harleys. Stop posting on Veeky Forums and go get laid off like the rest of you truckerfags.

I must admit this looks really nice for an HD.

>Horribly uncomfortable
Nope
>hard wanna be track bike
It's based on the FZ6, not a track bike that's why my insurer only charges me $150 a year.

After 2 years of riding I can upgrade to a one litter and keep payments low.

I use the ktm for its purpose
You don't track your power ranger scooter.

Lol okay fag
As soon as I set my brakes
I'll be balls deep

How's it feel knowing you pay more for your scooter all in then I do my Harley? It's hilarious
Btw I'd rip ur face off anyday with it
You'd let off the throttle sooner

My only bike is that xr400r at the moment. But I did have a xt500. Why do you think sport bikes are only useable for track days? That's like saying I can't drive a Corvette or a stage 3 supra on public road because they aren't 'made for it'.

Then want to be rode hard and are designed to full out all the time
Makes for a miserable experience

$30 x 12 Months = $360

I pay $150 a year.

That's $12.5 a month for a much better engineered machine you call a scooter.

you are riding around in a poorly engineered motor driven bicycle you feel some how good paying $20k for.

That trucker job fits you.

>It's based on the FZ6

lol, no it's not. only thing they really share is the name

It has a different frame design.

Or lack of frame. Engine is part of the structure.

What's ur Job?
Do u have a boss?
I'm an owner operator.
You will never experience the amount of freedom I do. I can go anywhere I want and do what I want
My rig costs more then ur house, parents for that matter and I pocket 120k/Year on a bad year

Feels good 18 speeds 600hp doing whatever I want

Maybe the old ones. The new models have variable timing and fuel injection so they run good at low rpm. The powerband can't even be felt in economy mode on most bikes I think you just hate sport bikes because you can

Get an indian scout bobber if you're going to get an indian.

I have no Job.
I have no Boss
I have Unlimited freedom
I'm part of something big, bigger than your sorry ass Rig

I have investments in Crypto Currency Mining operations that provide me a daily income, I hold divined paying stocks.

I don't have to work for money, money works for me.

Example
Got tired of running Midwest this last feb. took a 4500$ load down to south beach Miami this deliver an awning system. When I showed up on Monday they weren't ready for it so I stuck them 500/day until Thursday when they finally unloaded me.

I sat on the beach getting wasted with my gf while you were flipping burgers

Judging by your shitty used bike I am very declined to believe so

>Peterbilt
Nice
I work for a freight company and I'm sorry to inform you that your truck and occupation are going to be outdated in the near future. Our new trucks park themselves and back in trailers without a driver in the cab.

Wut? Twin cam Harleys are dry stumped dude...

I haul specialized freight that legally needs checked on by a human every leg of the trip
And I can't wait for them to run winter and construction zones
Or completely stop moving for hours when a cardboard box ends up on the highway

I don't spend my money on stupid things.

Here is a small snapshot of my mining operations.

This Setup brings in $300 a day.

And that's just one of my investments.

Quit hacking shit off of /biz it's pathetic ur a poorfag with a shit used bike

I literally paid more for a bumper than you did ur FZ

I wish I could show you my setup at home, but I'm at a friends house.

Come one, just accept there is people better than you.

>drinking 4 Loko and hitting brick weed at ur friends house

>DURR I'm a savvy neet investor who makes 300/day
Looook at thes screenshots
I piss around with shitty used bikes as a hobby durrrr
Not fooling anyone.
Anyone can say they have money

This is the only logical post ITT. Having owned a bunch of cruisers (harleys, yamaha, honda) and sport bikes. The sport bikes fucking suck for DD (drove one solely for over a year). The Harley is top tier DD bike. Just don't get a sportster. They are too small if you are 6ft +.

Only absolute morons don't like modern Harley because of the name. They are great cruisers. Mine had 30k miles with NOTHING but a battery and brakes being replace. The cross bones had only a brak light swtich and brakes needed by 12k miles.

>getting your opinion from south park

>Investor

I also trade. So In a way I do work.

t. old farts going through their mid-life crisis

Harley coasts on reputation alone. They're overpriced and underpowered. The Japs and even Indian put out better cruisers than them

>sv650
>oil starvation: the bike
Lel senpai pls

How much did the truck cost your dad?

He wouldn't like seeing you run your mouth playing Billy Hard-Cunt on the internet, y'know.

Better watch it, he might take it off you and you'll have to stop playing wittle tough truck dwiver.