So are there any pros to plus sizing your wheels besides the supposed increased handling...

So are there any pros to plus sizing your wheels besides the supposed increased handling, or is doing this purely a nigger thing? And is there a huge difference in the handling? Is it worth it?

>Are there any pros besides this pro

Well I don't fucking know, OP. Are there any pros to having more HP besides going faster? I mean, what's the point if there's only one pro?

Do you actually KNOW any pros or are you practicing your shitposting skills? Because you are fucking terrible at the moment

The larger the wheel, the shorter the tire's sidewall and the wider its tread must be to maintain the same outside tire diameter and prevent reducing the tire's load-carrying capacity.

The shorter and wider the tire, the better the handling and cornering grip.

I understand the concept, I'm just wondering how much of an impact it really has on handling. I'm wondering who has actual experience doing this.

Well, I don't know what you want, man. Scratch that, I do, but it's not really somethint that can be quantified like dyno results or something.

Fwiw I vaguely remember reading a C&D article about this very topic where they concluded that increases of a few inches above stock improved handling, but then there was a rapid dropoff/bell curve, not to mention ANY larger wheels hurt fuel economy and acceleration.

So if you're tracking and/or autoXing your ride, I guess sure? But for DDing, not really worth it unless you wanna spend more at the pump.

Well I want the absolute best handling experience. I'm guessing in the winter it wouldn't be a good idea, but summer seems like a good time to do it. And if I keep the weight under 24 lbs it shouldn't be that much of a problem right?

Personally I've found lower profile tyres to ride rough as fuck and produce lots of road noise. Also they seem to cost much more for less rubber

Taller tires give better highway mpg

Better handling? What the fuck about making your CoG that of a monster truck's would be good for handling? WIDER tires are a part of more cornering grip, not taller

This is such a subjective thing its stupid to discuss in general terms like this. This thread is aids

Lighter (smaller) wheels can maintain contact with the road surface easier. So they are less likely to lose traction from a mid-corner bump.

Plus, tyres are cheaper so you can buy better tyres and not be a faggot with low profile Chinese tyres. Any excessive gap between the brake caliber and the wheels is for spastics who think it makes their car look so much better

bump

so which is better for handling, bigger or smaller wheels?

Changing wheel dimensions aids in racing scenarios. Yes it does benefit tremendously if you're after performance.

Wider and larger (17"-19") wheels are often sold in a lightweight design and can be stronger than the stock dimension alloys or steels. Wider wheels allow you to utilize stickier tire compounds especially wheels in the larger sizes. Smaller wheels do not get as much love in the tire business.

Thermodynamics; larger, more open wheel designs allow for more cooling to the brakes and helps dissipate heat better from the brakes like a giant heatsink. Pic related, they didn't make the wheels large just to look cool.

The extra height help with floods if you live in the nordic states

What the fuck would he good about large wheels you mong? Do monster trucks turn corners well? WIDER is better. Not taller.

narrow is better for handling because due to rally cars

Larger wheels do not really improve handling. Sometimes you have to put in larger rims to accommodate for large brakes and rotors or big coilovers. Just look at F1 or Nascar tires, they dont have .5mm of rubber on their wheels.

TL;DR large wheels are mostly for looks.

rim size doesnt matter as much as sidewall in my opinion
ive felt 35 sidewall and its terrible

Almost nothing you said is correct. You can get super lightweight 14 or 15 inch wheels that will of course be lighter than bigger sizes.

Likewise you can buy R-comp and super sticky street tires in most sizes from 14 inches up. If you stick with 15s you will have no trouble finding good tires. Also the wheels in your pic are MAYBE 16s

OP your question is stupid, this thread is stupid, and you're a fag, stupid.

Rally cars use narrow, studded ICE tires to create an effect similar to ice skates. Are you driving on ice the vast majority of the time, and never driving on roads, where studs are illegal?