Considering buying pic related. Its a 2000 Imprezza WRX S Manual. It has 167000km on the clock (About 103k miles)...

Considering buying pic related. Its a 2000 Imprezza WRX S Manual. It has 167000km on the clock (About 103k miles). How much longer will it last? I know Subies are reliable as fuck but I need something that will last at least another 3-4 years.

They're fun cars but just keep in mind that literally every wrx has been beaten on. If it hasn't had the headgaskets changed yet then you'll need to do that. They burn a lot of oil. The 5 speed is made of glass, also another thing is the clutch forks are weak and snap. With all that said though, I loved my bugeye and would absolutely get another

2.0's don't have nearly as many gasket issues, and the issues arise from not doing regular coolant changes. They burn oil in proportion to how to to shit the engine is. Currently driving 08 wrx with 78k, doesn't burn oil.

Early 2000's have extra glass transmissions, that said don't hammer the fuck out of it and launch and you should be OK.

167k km is absolutely nothing for a 17 year old car. Probably been clocked back. How much $?

>Clocked Back

It has a digital odometer readout.

Though it appears you can now roll digital odos back. CUTE.

That's not a problem, trust me. On newer cars the actual odometer reading is stored somewhere in the ecu but that can also be edited

8k give or take 500. Thats in Aus $ so US its like 6k

>i have zero concept of bow the real world works

Wut

Actually no, they are stored on the clocks themselves, replace the clocks and you have a new mileage.

That sounds pretty reasonable given the mileage/year

The interior is in pretty damn good shape for a 17 year old car too.

Another. The more I look at it the nicer it seems.

I have a chance of buying one of these instead of a same year Audi A4 1.8 TQ. The 'baru in question is a 2.5l NA 2002 with 5spd manual, one owner. It's been imported from USA to Europe, so it's US-spec, I believe.

Which one should I buy?

I'd suggest the A4 1.8 turbo . If you have no intent to do any mods go for the subaru but if you do then you should know the 1.8 makes over 200hp and lots of torque from a simple remap. One of the most tunable engines you can get, at least in Europe. Especially if you find one with quattro. That combo is pretty rare.

Considering its a subie it'll probably outlive the Audi by about 5 years. It goes 0-100km in 6.2 seconds I believe so I wouldn't be surprised if its faster too.

Why so? There's not that much on the b5 a4 to break. All 1.8t faults are known and easily fixable. Rust isn't too bad(which can't be said about subaru). Torsen quattro is durable.

Oh yeah, forgot to clarify, it would be a 2002 A4, so a B6. What kind of awd does the subie use? I used to have a B5 NA, so I have experience on their maintenance and even VAG-COM, but I have a massive boner for the subaru, especially since it would be the same color as my bike (blue) and I really only need a car for the winter. Also, my GF wants me to get the Audi instead of the Subaru, so just out of spite I'd be getting the Subaru.

Not bad looking user. Take the plunge I say, 8kAUD isn't bad for a car that will just keep going and going and going. Seriously, keep up with the servicing and it'll outlast most other things on the road. My sister has an '04 Impreza and she's put about 150k kms on a car that already had about 160k kms when she bought it, and it's still a fuckin' great car to drive.

It won't last forever user, just make sure to check other sites as well like Gumtree and the like, now and then sellers will advertise on both sites and one might be cheaper than the other, or you might find an equally good or better deal.

Drive both. See which is nicer to be in, which has more options etc
Both will be good in shit weather and both can deliver sideways fun in snow so go and see for yourself. Only thing Veeky Forums will tell you is a bunch of vag memes