T-tell me there's at least one country that won't ban combustion engined cars. S-surely the US won't go full retard...

T-tell me there's at least one country that won't ban combustion engined cars. S-surely the US won't go full retard, r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBofxHr8dms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Correct. The US federal government will never ban ICE. California on the other hand might, but probably only for residents (registration disallowed). Australia, China, Russia, Eastern Europe, African nations, South Asia all of those will probably not in your lifetime. It's just another case of Europe thinking they represent the future of the world. It's just going to be another force that causes micronationalism.

There's another war brewing in Europe. Too many different kinds of people living too close together.

it doesn't matter if they ban it or not
they'll just stop being made

>google "china ban cars"
>China to ban production of petrol and diesel cars 'in the near future'
That should make a dent

You'll be able to drive your 90s shitbox. No one will forcefully take it away.

Fuck, and we think Chinese cars explode spectacularly NOW. Can't wait to see the fireworks when the same people who make those cell phone batteries from all those security videos start making ones for cars.

99.99% of people would be driving electric of their own choosing in 30 years anyways, literally all a ban does is fuck over enthusiasts.

Not even that because they can still drive existing cars, they just can't buy new combustion cars.

But why would you anyway? Veeky Forums notoriously hates new cars, and largely for good reason.

Think again. Look at what Paris and other yuropean shitholes have done. They have banned cars from before 1997 to be able to be driven in the cities. Who is to say they wont go further?

Don't suffer from the thought of the future, because you're actually in a really great time where everybody who cares about cars is living it as hard as they can.
Not to mention the huge boom in track events that will inevitably happen because people aren't going to just "stop letting cars exist".

Actually I can only think of Paris. Here in Germany there are tons of cities with emissions plaques, but a) most cars get one anyway and b) if your car is old ENOUGH you can register it as historic and it'll be excempt.

What is the situation in other parts of France? I can't blame them from trying to prevent smog and congestion in cities. You have the option to not live there or have a second commuter car.

the US is way too large to ban ICE. I wanna know how the fuck ill get my truck charged if im in the middle of the fucking rockies. with gasoline i can just bring extra cans in the bed

>Paris sets trends the world follows
They like to think. First and foremost, only climate accord member nations would be interested in the slightest and the US is no longer one.

Bring extra batteries

or those segway things

youtube.com/watch?v=SBofxHr8dms

Yeah but what if the next president puts us back on the climate accords and woth enough propaganda even congress could concede and pass legislation so you can save muh evironment.

>look up weight of EV batteries
>it's nearly a third of the car's god damn mass
>"just bring a spare lmao"

what did he mean by this

They should.

Why?

We'd still be way behind Paris no matter what. L.A. would be the first city to do it but for it to go through every state or for enough legislators to agree for it to become federal law is not a future I can even visualize in my lifetime.

Bring extra cars

To preserve gasoline for auto enthusiasts and industrial applications.

How much more scientific matter do you need until you won't consider it propaganda anymore?

micro fission generator duh

Doesn't change the fact that the measures they try to push to combat climate change are retarded.
An electric car does more harm to the environment than a gas one because the materials necessary for the batteries are rare and digging them up and shipping them already does more harm Than your old CRX will ever do in its lifetime. And don't get me started on the regarded carbon taxes.

It's simple. Don't ban our shit.

We would need to start caring more about the people in equatorial regions than we do about not just our personal comforts (and freedoms) but also about our prosperity as a nation. Perhaps you're deeply such a bleeding heart that you can't even imagine this kind of thinking but if you love science so much the way to sway us is to advance technology quickly enough that the sacrifices required would be minor enough we'd be willing to make them. Seems to me like it's already too late but get to work on it.

When it becomes profitable to go alternative without government interference.
I'd gladly go electric if the car gets gas like range in summer and winter, just like I'd gladly do solar if home solar get efficient enough to be off grid or pushing back into the grid with only roof panels and being cost effective.
Enough of this "10 year plan" shit, it always assumes clear skies and no maintenance or damage. I'm interested in this tech when it can stand on its own merit

well thats the problem.

If California bans ICE's, the big 3 WILL follow the meme and stop making combustion engines, because california is the single largest car market in the whole country.

california is the reason cars are so overloaded with gizmos and safty doodads in the first place.

the reason emissions and shit exists.

california is so unreasonably large that they decide pretty much everything culturewise and especially carwise

When they spend another $3B on more scientists to "help prove global warming" (NPR actually used this exact phraseology ~8 years go, long after "the science is settled") and the results aren't in my professional opinion mostly bullshit, then I'll probably still reject it as propaganda because all they did was spend decades trying to nail down a firm argument for why people should want their global technocracy control system.

If you don't already know, water footprint is already a thing. Both go in to the calculations based on you global medical records to decide whether it's cost-effective to keep you alive or whether you should die.

I think CA will only ban ICE in big cities and I don't really hate that as long as the public transportation and parking is improved in the bay. BART, MUNI, and parking lots for them are already crowded, it's only going to make it so much worse.

ICE cars will never be banned, manufacturers will just stop making them. Sure maybe they might ban people from importing third world shit cars with ICEs but they'll never confiscate the existing ones that we have. We'll just become the wierd oldfags that have old cars in their garages. I'll show little timmy what the world was like before it went all electric.

>half ton of extra batteries in the bed
Fuck off musk

use the battery to charge the battery

>living in fucking paris or in big city in general