I made a oil catch can from a compressor oil separator to get the oil mist out from crank case vent

I made a oil catch can from a compressor oil separator to get the oil mist out from crank case vent.

>R8 the install
>R8 theory behind this will it keep my motor in good shape.

a solution to a problem that is non-existent, or at best trivial.

N54 would like to have a word with you.

I would be more worried about the lack of cambelt cover.

Good job OP
Youre literally one of the less than 10 individuals that actually wrench on Veeky Forums

Post car

The timing belt, tensioner pulley are being replaced. trying to find a cover that isn't fucked.

This motor has 610,000miles on it. I just want to keep it going longer before I have to deal with the blow by.

Car in question

heh, i'll be doing the same thing this weekend.
air/oil seperator too.
mainly because autism, but god damn it's nice to not see that shit go back into my intake/throttle body.

AS LONG AS the restriction of your setup is no greater than it was standard (i.e; same minimum hose diameter without bottlenecking) it should be fine. Better than those hollow polished eBay catch cans which do literally nothing.
If it doesn't flow as well as the standard hose however, expect oil leaks from every gasket surface within a month.

Problem I see with that setup though is oil is a lot thicker than the water vapour those things are normally designed to separate, and could well clog up as it's being driven.

Gonna highjack this thread to ask if anyone's done an oil filter relocation?

I highly doubt it would clog, it's not like a lot or just straight oil is being pumped through them
it's a rather finer mist of oil with the air
on top of that those are designed to do this exact job for air compressor systems, with obviously way higher pressure being run through them.
but yeah as long as the Inner diameter of these hose remains the same as oem, there should be no restriction of flow in the vacuum
usually handled by the PCV valve anyways
so as long as you don't go full retard it should be alright

no, but i know a few people who have on come older cougars/contours
wasnt really worth it to me so i opted not to do it on mine.

have a specific question?

Nice, installed one in my e46 m3 last year. Feels good not getting that shit into the intake.

Pic related.

>bimmer problems

Figures.

I am doing one on my car so I can Run 2 larger filters. Modern oil can go longer before it brakes down but I want to change the filters every 3k so that I get any junk out of the oil.

Does your vehicle have a 2-stroke engine?

Why no, The oil is not mixed with the gasoline.

I need to do the same, I found a decent amount of oil in the intake manifold last time I wrenched on my car ('93 Corolla). But I'm currently in the process of gutting another Corolla for parts, some needed and the rest for storage. So that'll wait.

Gimme a rundown on relocation kits, I have a renix I6 jeep with the original filter spigot and it is an absolute nigger to work with and drains onto the fucking starter.

I don't want to have to reach up into the abyss where I can't use a filter wrench and have to pray the filter gods didn't make it impossible to unscrew.

I've seen the dual filter ones and am kinda intrigued. I've heard that if you locate it lower than the original location you tend to get better oil pressure too.

My hilux is the same with its 18RC engine. Oil filter is upside down, and dumps a quart of oil right onto the engine and, then splashes off the core support and sends oil in every fucking direction. Thankfully Toyota's 2TR-FE has it right side up, but they burried it so fucking deep in a hole that doesn't accommodate a filter wrench.

>have a specific question?

>I don't want to have to reach up into the abyss where I can't use a filter wrench and have to pray the filter gods didn't make it impossible to unscrew.

eh, ok

Oh sorry. Kinda spaced out. My question was how difficult they are to install.

And to thise that have it has any problems arrised from it.

been thinking of a catch can for my volvo, seems to burn a good amount of oil and feel like a it'll alleviate a bit of the sympton

I've got a 4 cylinder esprit and I have heavily considered getting an oil filter relocation.
People claim to change it without taking anything off, but I can't touch it without removing the air box and I can't remove it without removing the intake manifold.
The distributor is right "behind" it, and I can hardly touch the plug wires with the engine together enough to run, let alone adjust the timing.

>I've heard that if you locate it lower than the original location you tend to get better oil pressure too.
I want to put the filter higher then the block so i can change the filter without changing the oil.

The only thing I've read on that is that the filters might drain back to the pan while the engines off or some such. I only read one account on that happening though so not sure how true it is if at all.