Anybody else warming up to hybrids? They don't seem like a deal breaker to me anymore...

Anybody else warming up to hybrids? They don't seem like a deal breaker to me anymore, I'd say I would see myself owning an hybrid as my next car, as long it has a proper transmission since most mass market hybrids seem to come with dogshit CVTs. I'd be great to have a hybrid, RWD, sub 2000lbs, manual transmission sports car with a 200hp gas engine and a ~100hp electric engine for torque fill-in.

Maintenance costs are the big thing. I don't know fuck all about hybrids and I can't afford to pay shops to work on it for me.

Basically I only drive 2005 and older shitboxes because things started getting complicated after that and I'm too dumb or too lazy to learn more than I already know. I am a simple man and I like simple things.

It's the worst of both worlds. Live with the basically perfected ICE or wait till batteries stop being pathetic.

You won't get a sub 2000lb production anything any time soon let alone a Hybrid.

Why would you want a transmission in your hybrid?

when the michelin active wheels becomes a seamless bolt-on upgrade, call me

So it's basically just a wheel with an integrated electric motor? Do you have to install the batteries in your car? I've been thinking of this idea for quite a while now, just take an old shitbox, tear out the engine and transmission and just replace the wheels with wheels that have integrated electric motors and install some batteries in the engine bay or something.

>first gen Honda Insight

>Curb weight
>Manual w/o AC 838 kg (1,847 lb)
>Manual w/ AC 852 kg (1,878 lb)
>CVT w/ AC 891 kg (1,964 lb)

with modern tech it could be done

insight had 80 hp engine and 10hp motors lol

By modern tech you mean the bloated horseshit that weighs down modern cars? A modern
Insight would be at least 2800lbs.

oh at it weighed 2700lbs lmaokek

I wanted to write sub 3000lbs. I'm retarded.

>hybrid
>sub 3000lbs

pick one

Modern engine and battery tech without the modern safety tech.

that is the second gen lmaokek

Yes, the most "modern" as you say

Yes. but I very clearly said

>first gen Honda Insight

not
>second gen Honda Insight
or
>the recent Honda Insight
or anything else

>arguing with autistic children
sweetie don't

Sent from my iPhone 7

...and the most modern iteration of the insight is over 2700lbs thereby nullifying your own "argument", tardo

someones still mad lel

Yeah, implying that is not like four or five door and pigfat.

Manual two or three door two seater with a turbo I3 and hybrid systems it is possible to make such a car under 2000lbs, but I guess you just want to shitpost.

No. A smart car is barely under 2k lbs.... What's a bunch of pigfat motor and batteries going to do?

not saying it would be easy and not saying any manufacturer would give up the crash safety stuff to such degree

>Anybody else warming up to hybrids?

Hybrids used to always be about muh fuel economy.
Now they're starting to use them for performance.

It's not really a surprise an Veeky Forumstard would find a performance hybrid far more interesting.

You need a "ecvt" for a good hybrid, putting it through a standard auto or manual transmission yields shitty results. Go research how toyota synergy drive, fords hybrid transmissions, and the Chevy volts transmission work. Without a 2 motor transmission, engine stops and starts are rough, you cant run on electric alone (gas motor always spinning), and less efficient. Because of this early hondas hybrids were very unrefined, but they did have the benifit of being able to drive without the hybrid system.