My heat is broken...

My heat is broken, would running a small space heater off a cigarette lighter inverter be enough to keep my windows defrosted?

Other urls found in this thread:

factoryairtemp.com/Upload/Factory Air/documents/Tech Tips/FA4S 356 FORD'S BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR.PDF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>my heat is broken
Is it the blower motor or is there just no heat coming out? Loss of heat can be a sign of an impending catastrophic failure of the coolant system.

no heat, it is probably the blend door actuator, a common failure in crown vics. by all accounts a pain to get at, I just want something easy to get through winter (real cold snowy winter)

Just fucking fix it holy fuck dude

Space heaters use a lot of power, I think you'd need more than just a 12v adapter. Just fix the heat so you don't die, I've wintered a car up North with no heat and that shit was brutal and frankly kind of reckless.

>too lazy to put in a $50 part
>put space heater in car
>car burns to ground

No. Bought one, damn thing was noisy, did nothing for a little while, then caught fire.

Junk

A regular can't keep up with the electricity demand to power that heater unless it's tesla

I know someone who tried this actually, it didn't work very well. It was in an older 97-98 Explorer. It'll keep you slightly warm, however keeping windows defrosted will be a huge challenge and a quality inverter that lasts a winter season will cost more overall than fixing your car.

How about just not being a pussy and opening your side windows, just wear a coat or something if you get cold.

>would running a small space heater off a cigarette lighter inverter

A 12 volt accessory socket doesn't source more than 10 amperes without getting too hot. And as you know, when the car is running, you have about 13 volts at the socket giving 10 amperes which is 13 x 10 ---> 130 watts. That really isn't much heat. You should fix that broken heat in your car as it is a hazard to not have it working in an icey winter location. This is not an optional thing but a safety issue.

lol jesus christ
just start a small fire on your passenger seat

Run some coolant lines into the cabin and run one of these or a bigger version.

jam a coat hanger down the vent till you hit something, then tear the fucking door out
fix it in spring

fine you fucking assholes, but look at this pain in the dick.
factoryairtemp.com/Upload/Factory Air/documents/Tech Tips/FA4S 356 FORD'S BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR.PDF

I'm not seeing voltage at pin 7 so if that's the case it's not the actuator and idk what else to check. I'm going to just try to pull it up and flip the door and leave it.

what he said, it's not really possible to drive in snow without heat.

>not really possible to drive in snow without heat
I don't really see why that would be the case, just turn your seat warmer on and wear some clothes.

your windshield will ice up and you won't be able to see out of it

Does that really happen if it is the same temperature on both sides?

>Ford
>Dat wiring.

Sorry OP, it looks like you have two problems now.

Are you sure it's not the stupid fucking HVAC control module?

They use vacuum, and the tiny motors that push and suck fail. Also the orings going to the lines or whatever fail.

Just route some dryer hose from the exhaust pipe into the cabin. Keep the window open a crack so you don't die. (assuming that still works on your broke dick POS unmaintained car.)

I think so because they can ice over even when it's just parked.
what's wrong with the wiring?
I'm not sure this was just what seemed to be wrong with everyone else's crown vic that was stuck on one temperature. Tomorrow after work I will keep looking and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.