So my place decided to put me on a split shift

So my place decided to put me on a split shift.

How do i tell them to fuck off?

Quit

I've only been there for 8 months and it's my first job ever.

Wouldn't that be a resume suicide?

What's the job and what exactly is this split shift?

Deal with it pussy and make that money honey

i'm a chef, it's around 7-11am/6-11pm

i would if it wasnt minimum wage.

Start looking for another job. When you find it, quit the first and tell them why you quit

Wowweeee that sounds like absolute god damn hell, i'd just kill myself at that point OP, or learn some skills for a different field of work. (I recommend AC and Heater Repair)

One time shit or is it scheduled?
If it's a rare occurrence then just do it until you can get out if not then quit and when ask just tell the truth.

why would you kys over a job.

i think it will be scheduled, will check on it today.

if they refuse any changes then i'll quit.

If you don't want to work there anymore, give them your two weeks notice. It is advisable that you find another job before you do this so you aren't left unemployed for a period of time. If you really want to "tell them to fuck off" then just go ahead. Giving a two week notice isn't required, its just a courtesy. You can always omit ever having this job from your resume. Or just list fake phone numbers or "references" that can verify you worked there. There isn't some end all secret database that employers search that they know you worked at X for X many months or years. That's why they have to ask you on applications. If you don't tell them, then they'll never know. Whatever you decide to do, just think it through.

A split shift is where you work in half of one shift and in to the half of another. For instance, day shifts are 6am-2pm or 7-3. Split shifts are shifts like 10-6 or 11-7pm. Swings are 3pm-11pm or 4pm-midnight, and the rest are night or graveyard shifts.

How long does it take for you to go from home to work?

around 20 mins by car if the streets are empty.
but sometimes i leave 40mins early and only arrive on time

split shifts are a companies way of telling you they dont want to pay you overtime but need you in the morning and night and also they dont care about their employees

they actually never pay for overtime, one of my coworkers used to call them 'charity-time'.

So you waste 1 hr more on commute.

Holy shit when will cooks ever get it, that you can work less hard somewhere else for more money.

Jesus I got a buddy who is a chef and works his ass off 50 - 55 hrs a week for $40k a year.

What a joke. Wage slaves man, they don't get it.

where else would a chef go outside the kitchen?

Tell them that you need "a healthy balance between work and life". Chicks do that all the time so you might be fine.

To better kitchen.

submit several resumes to other kitchens if you don't like it.

if you get any bites just switch jobs to the new one if they want you

just don't mention anything online or at work, you don't want to get the boot early.

Youre not a chef, making minimum wage. Youre a cook. No one is coming to you for new menu items or asking you to really do anything outside of plate hot food.