Is replacing the exhaust pipe too much for a maintenance noob?

Is replacing the exhaust pipe too much for a maintenance noob?

Scrolling through the catalog that looked like a horse dick

came to post this, have nothing of value to add

is that why you clicked on it ? are you aware of your bestiality fetishes ?

nice horsecock

speak for yourself homo

only if you have never pacticed with horsecocks before.

nice horse cock

Could you faggots stop fantasizing about cock and have a reasonable discussion instead?

Are you looking to replace just a clamp on chrome tip? Normally the exits is part of the muffler, which is not difficult to swap if the replacement is not a weld on muffler. What’s the car and situation?

>is on Veeky Forums
>doesn't expect faggotry

Pipe and muffler have massive rust holes so both have to be replaced and the local mechanic wants way too much for that job

It's extremely simple to do, literally just a pipe. With a jack and jackstands, get the car up and cut off all the shitty pipe with a hacksaw or power saw if you have one. Then just use exhaust clamps to get the new stuff on. Make sure you have the right size pipe or you'll need to get adapters

Alright, that sounds good.
Thanks!

It's easy as fuck, bolt off, bolt on.

end your lives

no. gotta start learning somewhere.

why do i see this picture at least once a week? its just a pipe right?

God nigga thinking you posted horse cocks haha
Kinda hard now lol
Bitch bet

>posts on Veeky Forums
>not familiar with what horse dicks look like
spotted the newfag

Usually just two bolts just after the catalytic converter to undo. The worst part is wriggling it out depending on how much room you can give yourself and how low the car is.
Make sure you get plenty of penetrating oil onto those bolts though, they usually seize up with all the shit thrown up off the road.
Put a bit of dish soap on the rubber bushes when you hang it back on to make it easier to get it onto the studs.

Exhaust sucks. Everything is rusted as fuck and you're on your back with rusty bits falling down on your face and then you need an expander so you can get it to fit and split the fuck put of it and clamp it back to some other rusty shit that will need replaced next week.

I'll yank an engine, rebuild a transmission, or replace a heater core before I fuck with exhaust. Until I get a lift, torch, and welder, that shit goes to the shop.

OPs not looking to install a nice new exhaust, all he has to do is cut a pipe, fasten a new one.

no its not that hard, i did it with no previous skills at all just spanners and socket wrench, definitely get another person to help though it is a pain in the ass holding the exhaust at the right angle by yourself

Not changing my mind.
>Hey user, can you help me change a head gasket this weekend?
No Problem
>Hey user, I need to replace an exhaust pipe this weekend, can you help
Sure, here's the phone number for Midas.

How do you feel about headers?

>taking the bait
try not samefagging next time and we might believe you on this board of sl/o/w,

They suck, But I will work on them. I've broken bolts off in them before and taken them in to be drilled and retapped. Did that on an 80s Mustang and F250. Cost me all of $15 I think.

My Ranger currently has no flange and no bolts holding the pipe to the exhaust manifold. 2/3 of the mounts are rusted off. I have no idea why it isn't loud as hell, or why everything from the manifold back isn't laying on a road somewhere. But it's not. When it happens, I'm going straight to the exhaust shop.

At least it's not changing a fucking headgasket

thats a horse?

If you know how to use an angle grinder and a little stick welder, no problem

>30 replies

looks to me like a giant brake line that some newfag forgot to put a flare nut on before flaring.
how the fuck does this thing get held in place?
also the corrosion doesnt look bad enough to justify replacing it. thats the kind of rust that prevents more rust.

I can see it.
>being this new

What he said is kinda true my dude. It took me and my friend about 12 hours to install dual straights with mufflers and all. (With several breaks)We ran into some weird problems like screwy a crossmember and other small things (We welded a lot too), but if youre doing the same setup it should be ezpz. Be sure to tighten the clamps A LOT. Like , A LOT. A battery powered torque gun really helped with that. If you have a big one then use it, then hand tighten as much as you can. Look at shit before you take it down, take notes if you're forgetful. Take your time and do it right.