Dodge Demon

What does Veeky Forums think of the the Demon?

Is it the best Dodge has to offer in the world of muscle cars?

is 840 horsepower and a record-breaking 1/4th mile time worth it over other cars in the $85k-$100k price range?

Or is it overpriced and underpowered, simply hyped up as a boomer's wet dream?

>is 840 horsepower and a record-breaking 1/4th mile time worth it over other cars in the $85k-$100k price range?

Performance wise yes. Absolutely. Kills and brings shame to germans and other cars in that price range.
Design is taste. But I goddamn like the retro look and imho they nailed it.

Its definitely a worthy car in our current, desperate times.

I think it's right on the money in terms of price. It captures the same sort of spirit the Viper had in its earlier days. Dodge literally taking the most stupid amount of power they can feasibly make an engine produce and sticking four wheels on it and letting the driver sort the rest out.

can'r wait to see the ghibli platform'd demon/hellcat if they don't plan on building that many demons

I dont see the point because you'll just get assraped at the strip by someone with like a modded evo for the same amount of money. Drag racing is just a money game tbqh

>same amount of money
nig, you buy a miata, ls swap it, turbo it, give it a new suspension, slicks, all for under $40k

Dix
Ot
Ggain
Dony
Eeee

Cool American boat we'll never have in Europe

The mustang cobra jet ran 7.484 in 2013. I would rather just have these cars barebones with no creature comforts at a lower entry price than the base model

Sorry 7.848. The demon runs 9.65 right?

>first wheelie in a production car

Didn't their underglass cars pull wheelies back in the day?

I don't know if the super stock dart did, but the thunderbolt fairlane did in 1964

all these claims seem pretty dubious
what do they mean by production car?

This is a car you can drive daily with a change of tires, though.

The drag radials are street legal on the demon

Yes, but street legal and a good idea are two different things.

>Highest horsepower of any production car
>840hp
???

The idea is that you can drive this to the strip, do a couple of insane pulls, and drive home. And you get to do it in a full furnished cabin and you're pretty comfy just slapping those paddle shifters.
Sure a Cobra Jet is faster, but you're trailering that to the strip. It probably needs prep before it does a single run. Oh and it's a complete barebones interior. And it isn't comfy paddle shifters.

I get the idea behind both. The idea behind the Demon is that it's a drag car and a regular car all rolled into one. You can daily it no problem. Turn down the power and run some sticky summer tires on it.

It's impressive but not $100k impressive. Can't you just throw some slicks and a supercharger on a regular challenger?

Idiotic waste of money for boomers. You can build an equally fast drag car for less than or equal to half the money and then use the rest for a comfy daily

>slower than a 7 seater luxury barge that only california liberals drive

Totally unnecessary and only produced to make boomers think that murica can make good cars

Came here to shitpost this.

Like or it, electricucks still have a faster grocery getter no matter how many dinosaurs you explode in your shitty Chrysler engine.

>t. failed grade 4 science

The Tesla 1/4 mile record is 10.5. Not even close to the high 9's that the stock, Non-gutted Demon runs.

t. buspleb

Probably using some crazy astericks like """"over x amount of units a year"""""* """""in current production not sold out""""""*

>0.5 seconds
>not even close

It’s never going to matter though, they aren’t real cars

It’s like saying to horse enthusiasts their horses are fucking shit because cars exist

> work for dodge in parts
> EVERY.SINGLE.PART. is manufactured in china. Absolutely nothing is made by white men.

Garbage meme car. Mopar is literally running on hype and nothing more. Fordshit and chevy faggotry only wins be default.

Probably production as in a car that anybody can walk into a dealership and buy. Not some $2m hypercar.

Probably why dodge has shit reliability

Is dodge demon only pushrod vee eight that doesn't give Veeky Forumstists butthurt or are they simply unaware that dodge has 2 valves per cylinder OHV under the bonnet?

its slower than the model s to 60. lol

>big American V8 with a fucking turbo and a supercharger
>only 840 hp

There are people squeezing 1,000hp out of 4 cylinder shitbox motors with nothing more than con rods, pistons, ported and polished head, turbo, bigger injectors and a fuel system powerful enough to feed it.
I know damn well this motor could do more, is Dodge even trying?
Not to mention this thing probably handles like a tug boat.

Warranty.

Its honestly a god machine America once again blows every country the fuck out

What does the warranty have to do with it? Genuinely curious btw

In 1/4 mule terms, yes, that's a lot, but benchracing is still stupid.
Please don't shit up YET ANOTHER thread with this garbage.
It's not twin charged, and it's designed as a road car, not a 20 passes a year and a trailer car.

i believe an excellent example of american muscle. still true to the spirit of what a muscle car is.

-v8
-rwd
-absurd power
-decently affordable

If you've ever seen these 1,000hp shitboxes they are not trailer queens. Many of them have the absolute shit beat out of them and are hooned daily.

t. owned 500HP Acura RSX with K20 turbo
Sold it in decent shape for around $9k, never failed to start and was my dd for 4 years

500 on a built engine I can see lasting 100,000 miles or so easily. 1000 is another story if it's a stock block.

True, mostly depends on the quality of the bearings and whether it's sleeved or not. A good oil pump and water pump doesn't hurt.

It's a pretty cool showcase of the SRT team's engineering capabilities and an excellent marketing tool.

It definitely did it's job in getting people to talk about it.

The engine needs to survive the multi year warranty with 840 HP.
A massively boosted motor won't survive years of assumed DD use

Nah, son. The Demon has a trans brake, different suspension, an even bigger supercharger than a Hellcat, and almost certainly a different fuel and ECU system. I think it has a different motor than a Hellcat, but I'm not sure.
Buying a standard V8 Challenger and doing all of that would cost a lot of money, and cost even more in time.

Lol the demon runs 9s? My friends mustang runs mid 8s

People don't account that the Tesla is only that quick on a full charge, just because of the nature of electricity and discharge in general

Its about the same throughout actually, lithiums are awesome like that, but it's real issue is that a full power launch takes absurd amounts of amps and seriously drains the battery.

>
>Probably production as in a car that anybody can walk into a dealership and buy. Not some $2m hypercar.

But you can't walk into a dealership and buy one, only certain dealerships qualified to even sell it and they are already all sold. The owner of the company I work for tried to buy one for a few months, no luck, ended up getting a Shelby Super Snake instead.

.5 seconds is a ton of time on a strip.

It's almost like you've never been on one

lel a demon isn't decently affordable

You got to wait in line and have the hyper inflated MSRP. If you're determined enough an average person can buy one.

Says the poor fag.