Leaf steel springs

Why is this still allowed

Because it werks. Anything else in a pickup truck or SUV increases cost, and for what benefit? They're not for racing.

Because they work?

Wait are these still in use? I though they were kill last millennium?

I've never seen them on a car from the last 20 years...

Simple, cheap, solid, can carry really heavy loads

Look at an average pickup truck.

>pick up trucks
Ohh I get it. The USA.

Whenever I see dumb shit why is the USA always heavily involved?

Why are you pretending to be retarded?

Dont think he is pretending

>don't worry about that ride quality goyim, i nee more money and (((leaf springs))) are cheap
i seriously hope the gooks, japs, germans and telsa put GM out of business soon

>simple, cost effective and can handle heavy loads
>dumb

>ride quality
>a truck
>hehe goyim spend more money on these less effective suspension components because muh comfort
kys

it's actually pretty quiet

Is there a single pickup truck that doesn't have leafprings in the back? My Amarok is small compared to the shit the US has but still has em

What? Literally every country ever, especially shit tier 3rd world countries, has a multitude of trucks that run leaf springs.

Look at half the trucks in China, christ.... leaf springs.

>trucks
>2017
amerifats will never learn leaf springs and 2 mpg

china uses them because they are 3rd world
america uses them because GM and Ford's (((executives))) want more money and leafsprings are a good way to cut costs

>I've never seen them on a car from the last 20 years..

Every 2nd gen explorer (1995-2001) has them and I see them DAILY so that alone tells me you are a liar.

On the explorer they are used in conjunction with 3 gas shocks on the rear, 2 vertical and 1 horizontal to prevent body roll or some such.

This guy gets it.

Keep trying to justify WW Era technology.
This is why no American brand is globally recognised for its reliability or quality.

Why won't they go out of business?

because king nigger bailed them out when thier jewish tricks caught up with them

Land Rovers, Gwags, Patrols(?)

There are brand new trucks in your shit country with rear leafs, retard.

>toyota uses leaf springs
>nissan uses leaf springs
>This is why no Japanese brand is globally recognised for its reliability or quality
shiggidy diggidy

What are you on about? Those leafs are for my jap truck... and do you really think coils on the back would help all that much with this truck? It doesnt even have coils on the front

Ridgeline I think

>on trucks
>pretty much only sold in america
wow you got me there

Anyone more knowledgeable about vettes that answer my question? I know the vette is a superb handling car and it has advanced leaf springs but say aftermarket you decide to really nail down your suspension, do vette people do coilovers or go another route?

>what is the hilux

>I know the vette is a superb handling car

Slower than a GT-R on the track with more power but what ever

Ay bro I see what you're trying to do but I'm not for it. Please take it somewhere else and don't shit post anymore, it's childish and tired

>I know the vette is a superb handling car

yet this is posted

pot calling the kettle black my man

Coils are shit if you're going to be carrying loads
Saged

characteristics are similar in both empty and fully loaded truck
if you wanna carry comparable loads on coil springs you'll go from 'rubbing and sparkles' at full load to 'hard as rock' while empty

They move to coilovers.
The stock monoleaf is tuned for a mix between track and road use.
If you want different springs, just go with coilovers and you add the ability to adjust the suspension.

I will never own a GT-R, but will you own a C7, so why do you care?

They've been used on trains continuously for 160 years now.

Shit works.