Why would anyone need 500hp+ hp for a street car...

why would anyone need 500hp+ hp for a street car? it's more fun to push a moderate power car to the limit than feathering throttle in a high power car so you wont crash into the tree.

It's called the bill of rights not the bill of needs. Come and take it from my cold dead hands.

>it's more fun to push a moderate power car to the limit than feathering throttle in a high power car so you wont crash into the tree.
Why don't you come back to us when you've actually driven a high power car instead of looked at pictures of them

Why do you need a 8 inch dick when a finger will do?

>need
You don't *need* anything besides water, food, and shelter.

I agreed with OP then read the comments and all I can think is 'MURICA

so i can bully shitheads on the streets

This

Bil of Rights is completely irrelevant to speed, but all you have to say is it's a want, not a need.

More G's more fun

Fuck off jew go chince someone else

cause 400hp just doesnt cut it after a while.

just try out a high hp car

see if you like it

if youre a man you probably would

Horsepower alone means nothing. You can have 1000hp but if your cars weighs 20,000lbs it's not going to beat a stock minivan. At the other end of the spectrum you could only have 150hp but if your car only weighs less than 400 lbs it's going to be the scariest ride you have ever taken.

i love my b8

i just wish the rs version came to the us

and wasnt a station wagon

but theres no way you could be pushing 400hp from the a4

Because I am young and obnoxious

a big turbo and some methanol work wonders.

What engine? 2.0?

yessir.

oh my.

you even took the subframe off

5k mile maintenance. had to refill my washer fluid.

Because cars are getting heavier and heavier and in order to get some semblance of performance from these behemoths, you have to have a lot of power

because u gotta be faster than the other fags

shut the fuck up pretending you're an intellectual here

why would anyone need 200hp+ hp for a street car?

why would anyone need 15hp+ hp for the street?

Because they don't want Linda in her 420hp crew cab up their ass?

It's not a matter of 'need' but a matter of 'want'.
That said, it is more fun to have a less powerful car you can let loose with than a brick shithouse you have to hold back. And the most important thing is being able to whip through corners at high speed.

I have to disagree with these statements. My car weighs 4300lbs, its fun taking curvy roads with it, and it also being faster than 90%-95% of cars on the road helps a lot and. i usually dont hold back on the throttle.

Very nice. Just bought a B8.5 myself. What mods are you running?
Had any mechanical problems?

Cringe

the answer to both of your questions is lots.

This. When I put an entitled shithead or an otherwise dangerous driver in their place and they fuck off it's the greatest feeling in the world

and I bet a broke stoner with a stock Miata could overtake you without even trying

>i dont need any more power
said by nobody ever
>my stock car moderately powered car is enough
yeah, right: stock is for suckers

here is a fact ever car guy will tell you no matter how fast it is, it will feel slow in a week.
you NEED to get a ride in a actual fast car. then your thoughts will change.
>just because you have 500+ HP doesnt mean you have to use the 500 all the time...

Well depends on his driving skill. Majority of people cant take curves at any speed higher than 20 miles above the speed limit, i usually do a bit more than double on curves depends on how tight they are. Also raced a miata on curves once didnt not pass him but he could not shake me no matter how hard he tried. never got more than a car length away from me(maybe he was not a good driver), considers im stock and hes was driving a car with full aftermarket suspension kit, tires, roll bar and a small little toy hanging from his rear bumper to make it legit i guess i feel my car handled well.

A better question is why are you driving like a fuckwit on the street?

I have a big single turbo street car. At low revs it is no faster than an average joes car and is very easy to drive. Even high powered NA cars are easy to drive. They dont make all that power at low dd revs

>At the other end of the spectrum you could only have 150hp but if your car only weighs less than 400 lbs it's going to be the scariest ride you have ever taken.

Nope it wouldn't.

You know that almost 99% of modern liter-bikes (surely I'm talking about sport-bikes) weight about 200-230kg and all have over 150hp?

I thought trap cancer was only on /b/

True
Source: am lesbian

Why would you want a heavy car with a giant engine if you could have the same performance in a smaller car with less power?

well safety at its finest

Why would anyone drive a gasoline powered """muscle""" car when this 7-seater family sedan can smoke them?

Does 500hp sound impressive to busriders?

... I think you just proved my point. Any modern liter bike is pretty scarry fast. If going wot on a liter bike doesn't give you any pucker factor you either have balls of diamonds or have done way too coke your life.

Because MURICA that's why. If but more when their gas prices will raise as much as 7-8$/gallon and they'll have to move around a guzzler that drinks half a tank to do 100 miles you'll see where all that muh horsepower cars disappear.

Lmao

because they respect car culture and don't think cars are a gadget like a smartphone or an aide to their ever weakening masculinity in hopes to get laid by a dumb skank who cant appreciate a real car?

The feeling of sliding around a corner not because of inertia, but power is a feeling that brings great joy.

because you cant get lightweight new cars

>... I think you just proved my point. Any modern liter bike is pretty scarry fast.
> If going wot on a liter bike doesn't give you any pucker factor you either have balls of diamonds or have done way too coke your life.

I never tried coke and not going to.

The bikes could be scary for a novice but once you learn how to ride that thing (that implies doing track days) they absolutely aren't.

BTW my current bike is a hayabusa-turbo and it's kind of fun as it's stock wheel base.

Bro you gotta try coke, good coke, at least once

so i can pass faggots with smug faggy face

Mediocre coke is very underwhelming but yeah, good coke is great.
It's nowhere near as big a deal as people make it out to be though

>It's nowhere near as big a deal as people make it out to be though
Gotta agree with you there. After sampling a few other drugs, coke was a bit underwhelming for what I expected. Now should I get my hands on quality stuff that I can blow through (get it) then I'm sure it would sway me more.

>need

kys

saw this and wanted to die

>not normally wanting to die anyway

>150hp but if your car only weighs less than 400

Literally less power than a 1000cc sportbike. Lmao.

>cage cucks

>Not freebasing that shit
Stay plebian

Virgin detected lol. Women get more pleasure from a finger used well than a large dick used like shit. Just like a low powered car can outperform a high powered car if it has a more skilled driver. I have a big dick and an awesome car, but when I make a girl cum or when I win a touge battle it is usually the way I move and not just size.

To be a madman.

Top kek

>driver is spotted frequently
>driver

triggered

Madman checking in. Wish my bike had 200hp+ though.

You had me with the first part and then you lost me with the ending. You're on Veeky Forums, there's no need to lie.
>inb4 "nuh, I m alpha chad car man!"
You sure are buddy, you sure are.

Bruh I just got a girls phone number a few hours ago because I revved my engine and waved at her lol. I am alpha car guy.

>Muh cocaine

RC's are better in every way

I saw you in /dbt/, congrats on the bike.

Just the gayest fucking thing I've read all week. Trying so hard

You aren't, and you didn't, if you were, and you did, you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums, and wouldn't even know it existed.
Stop trying to look like a normie, it just makes you look pathetic and deluded.

Wow ok you caught me my name isn't chad and I am not an alpha male. Congratulations. I still get mad pussy and have an awesome car though.

t. Beta cuck jealous of my pussy acquisition skills.

>why would anyone need 15hp+ hp for the street?
And such, less than 15 hp is life in yuropooria

Well, where I live the speed limit is based on aviation law and 15 hp don´t get you to 463 km/h...

The peak. Of my existence was smoking weed after doing coke, driving around the city like madmen with my friend. I'll say it's the easiest drug to make you feel better, but doesn't even come close to lsd or shrooms in actually making you think different about life, just makes u feel like superman for a while

I require 550 hp in a 3150 pound car because somebody has to teach the douchebags with their towing mirrors flipped up that their hopped-up smoke grenade ain't shit.

OP I understand your perspective completely as I drive my stock cuckmobile sedan with a whopping 2.5l 178hp on a heavy car. slow as fuck but it's still fun to drive. Can't say I wouldn't prefer to drive a Mclaren over it though, especially on open roads for gods sake.

I have driven plenty of high power cars and still agree with OP's point. They're frustrating.

WOOOoOoOoOOoo everybody come checkout this badass over here.

you sound like the exact type of muscle car fanboy that everyone hates.
>buys some shitty ass 90's gm car with matte grey paint
>puts an obnoxiously loud exhaust on it
>replaces cams so it runs like complete dogshit and makes 200hp when all 8 anemic cylinders decide to work.
>car is literally falling apart
>spotless engine bay and drag radials
>"it only runs 16's because of the high elevation, it would run 10's at sea level."

1. drag racing isn't racing
2. Drag racing doesn't involve skill. It involves spending money
3. LS engines are garbage truck engines
4. pushrods have no place in a sportscar
5. leafspring suspension is shit
6. if a car weighs more than 3000lbs it's pigfat
7. If an engine has less than 110hp/l it's garbage. Yes that figure is relevant, if a manufacturer can't make hp without just putting the biggest fucking thing they can in a car then it's quite obvious they don't know how to make an engine
8. torque does not matter for racing unless you have 4 or less gears in which case you should kill yourself if you're still using 4 gears in 2017

everything I have said is a fact but you're going to argue it anyways because you're fucking retarded so I'm letting you know now I'm not replying to anything you say.

t. someone who has never driven a car that can get to 100km/h within 5 seconds simply by looking a the accelerator

slow cars are fucking slow and boring, there is nothing exciting about them, im not having fun revving the ever living fuck out of an econobox to do 50km/h.
it is fun feathering the throttle and struggling to stay at 50km/h because your car wants to go faster though.

fag lord.

>drag racing isn't racing
>Drag racing doesn't involve skill. It involves spending money

is this b8?

>everything I have said is a fact

No, euro fags unironically think drag racing takes no skill.

its fucking pathetic.

>putting your foot down and driving in a straight line takes skill
>posts a picture of a car that only does that because of the money that was put into it. Literally any person that sits behind the wheel can do that to that car.

SUURE thing bud.

If you simply 'put your foot down' on the gas pedal in that car, your life would come to an end in no more than 5 seconds.

Daily reminder that Brit/o/ is the only regional Veeky Forums meet in the entire world to run even one annual drag race weekend a year and actually runs 3 or more a year. American groups talk a lot but never actually drag race

>he thinks he could drive a 6 second car
get real mate, you sound about as smart as a half full sack of camel shit at the moment.
i know i would struggle to even do a 10 second run in an 8 second car and you are sitting there trying to tell me you could run 6 seconds in a 6 second car?

just fuck off.

useless bench racing euro poofter faggots.

people have different preferences and definitions for what "fun to drive" is, astounding concept I know

driving a fast car is fun for a few seconds, but unless you want to be that asshole doubling the speed limit and acting like a total dick on the highway, all "fast" really means is that there's less time to enjoy the car's capabilities

it's objectively true that nobody needs 500hp in a normal consumer street car. obviously this isn't the case if we're talking about a track car or something, but you're never going to be pushing the car to its limits on a public road, and if you are you probably drive like an asshole

i'm sorry but what? lmao fuck outta here and come back when you've actually participated in a drag race

give me a 6 second car and I will.

give me a fast time attack car and I promise you I would not be able to reach the limits of it. Nobody except for the driver of that car would be able to because it actually involves skill.

>drag racing takes no skill.
It takes a little bit of skill to start at the correct time, but it is not the skill that wins the race, it´s the car.
A downhill race with consecutive tight corners takes skill, you can´t win without skill no matter what car you have.
A shitbox can btfo a supercar in the downhill mountain pass, if the driver is good.

shut up you fuck faced cuck.
no one cares about your bitch titted opinion, go get pegged by your girlfriend or something you poof.

I bet a 250hp v6 car would scare you because you are so cucked that you simply do not know how much better a big fuck off v8 is.

and you are trying to give people advice?
KYS.

Try driving a 520hp RHD RX7, doesn't matter if it's a straight line or not, that shit takes skill not to spin out and die.

Yes money is required for drag

I've drag raced before in a 12 second mustang. it's not fucking hard.

these kids going around racing their shitboxes on the drag strip and can't even do that so they go around telling everyone driving in a straight line is hard.

can you initial d kids fucking leave or something? just because there's tuning involved doesn't mean you should discredit that whole form of racing altogether. at least respect the effort that goes into it

downhill touge racing isn't the only kind of racing there is dipshit

You people are literal human garbage.

the worst of all bench racers, next you will tell me about how you would win le mans if you entered in it.

Just fuck off you bench racing faggots, neither of you have ever driven a car that would even do 15 seconds on the 1/4 mile and you are going to sit here and try to tell me you can control a car doing 6 seconds?

Just fuck off.

you are the worst kind of shitposter, children who think they know shit when they simply do not.

go wrap yourselves around a pole in your shitty 150hp econoboxes fuckwits.

>that shit takes skill not to spin out and die
Well, you do have to accellerate for a few hundred meters in any race, nothing special.