Dad borrowed car and said he would fill the gas tank

>dad borrowed car and said he would fill the gas tank
>filled it with regular instead of premium

ur fault senpai smgdh

just drive it till it's near empty and refill with premium

just drive it off boost, unless your car is n/a in which case, kill yourself

>tfw your car requires 91 or more

Oh please. My boxster and M3 do/did perfectly fine on 87

You could always add in a gallon or two of E85 if you're that worried about octane. Just don't beat the shit out of it otherwise

>Dad borrowed my truck...says 'I'll fill it up before I return it'...I say don't worry about it...
>Dad gives me back my keys, mentions that it's expensive to fill...I agree, tell him I only do $20 fills...
>$120 to fill my truck...lol...

I dare you to run pic related on 87 or 89.

It won't kill the engine to drive one tank of regular if it requires premium
You should have told him beforehand

Plenty of cars require 91 or more. Hell 91+ is recommended for a Celica

Unless its track day, you won’t need it
Also if your car is anything but a sports car, you’re retarded for buying premium

Its a piece of garbage
I wouldnt run it all all

I'll take things retards who have never driven a car that requires 91+ say for 100

Not an argument.

My shit is dyno tuned for premium o would slap the shit out of him

I actually don't know what that is. :v

Yeah, like my Boxster and my old M3 did. 91 minimum for most fancy pants cars. That doesn't mean they can't run on 87. Trial and error in some cases.

Like newer 1.5t Cruzes can run on 87 perfectly fine, but it will pull timing like a mother fucker on a hot day. My Boxster is just barely slower and gets about .5 mpg less than on 91/93

2ZZs do not like 87 at all. Not doable.

Point is, not everything is REALLY required, but that doesn't mean just go out and be a retard.

It's a Cadillac DeVille running the 4.9 HT engine. There are a lot of older luxury vehicles that will not run properly on anything below 91.

thats not even how the octane rating works
doesnt add power at all

Oh. 4.9 can be run on 87 too, the problem is the ECU/engine isn't setup to have a dynamic adjustment of timing.

I used to have one in a Fiero, think I had timing set at 8 instead of 10. Ran fine with no knock for couple years and I was a broke dick so only ran 87

But definitely not happy in the summer on 87 with the stock timing.

>at dads place having him help me with a wheel bearing
>after we’re through he wants to go out and get pizza and beer
>he asks if he could just pick it up in my car since I was parked in front of his truck
>yeah sure
>he comes back, says he filled up my car
>panic, don’t think I ever mentioned that it takes 93
>turns out he just assumed it took 93 cause he knows it’s a turbo with a tune
>my dad is a fuckin bro

??? A cars timing can definitely be tuned with an octane rating in mind, and using a different octane fuel will cause misfires bud

>knowingly putting the wrong octane fuel in your engine because you're a cheap-ass
Holy fuck, you are retarded.

Interesting, I'd have thought that 90s and 80s American luxury cars would all take regulat

Premium is only recommended

>Sports car

You mean high compression ice which is 99% of modern cars.

Reminds me of a this shit

>in college program with girl who is dating some white trash Moparfag
>friendzone as fuck but she's a good friend and tells me everything about this guy
>still lives with his mom at age 30 and spends every penny me makes on cars
>has zero fucking understanding of cars despite spending so much time around them and "working on them"
>somehow makes enough money to buy a 800hp procharged Challenger SRT-8 from a few states over from some guy
>tuned for 93 only, guy who sold it to him stresses this immensely
>has it for 6 months and somehow he doesn't have any problems with it
>his mom tells him that after watching some documentary or some shit that premium gas is a scam and he doesn't need it, 87 will do just fine
>mfw he believes her
>goes to the 7/11 and fills up with 87
>doesn't make it out of the parking lot before his engine is kill
>still not running to this day

It's amazing how ignorant some people can be in their own field of interest

get over it son

>hurrr give me the best gas so i can make 180hp durrrrr
fuck your gay toyota dude lol

YOU JUST UBERPWNED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Sister borrows my Honda Civic
>Accidentally fills it with Diesel because she wasn't paying attention at BP

I'd put 87 in your early 90's GM garbage
I only put 93 in my LS1 though

Why not just write, 93 octane only, on the gas cap? It's at least an extra level of protection

I think your sister doesn't even know the difference between gas and diesel, so her paying attention or not wouldn't make a difference

Isnt the diesel pump designed to not fit in a gas car

Other way around

If it says use premium, use fucking premium.

Seriously if you can't afford to put the right fuel in you can't afford the fucking car.

Jesus Christ are you new to cars or something?

My sister once borrowed my TDI. I told her three times:
"This is a diesel car. You need to fill it with diesel fuel. If you fill it with gasoline, the engine will literally explode." Because I still don't trust her, I print out a label on the key fob that says "Fill with DIESEL FUEL ONLY" and send her on her way.

5 hours later, get a call from sister:
"user, I'm at the gas station in bumfuckville, nowhere and your stupid car won't start"

She filled it with 91 Octane gasoline. When I asked her why she would do something that stupid, she told me:
"Diesel was too expensive and it was a really low number so I put 91 in it instead"
She must have confused the Cetane rating with the Octane rating and misunderstood both as a function of energy content. She made my fucking dad pay for the repairs as well, thus weaseling out of any personal responsibility for her stupidity.

Never lend any car that isn't a completely standard econobox to a family member because they will find a way to ruin it no matter how much they respect or disrespect you.

>rather pay 20$ for 6 times than 120$ at once

Do you enjoy being at gas stations?

Nice fake story faggot.

It runs me about $20 a day in fuel to drive to work and back, and I don't mind stopping for fuel every day desu...

How could I not possibly own one of the 99% of cars this user is describing?

Veeky Forums really is full of fucking children

my problem is if I fill the entire $120 ill use it all just driving around for no reason just because i like driving

I literally run a 92 deville 4.9 on regular 87 for a daily driver

So pull a couple degrees of timing out you dumb nigger.

>carrying extra weight

Just go to autozone and buy octane booster you obsessive cunt

Enjoy your pre-ignition.

>Not telling him when he asked to use premium
Nobody but yourself to blame faggot