Ford Expedition

What is the consensus on this generation of Expedition? I know they have a reputation of being a buy here pay here lot staple, but let's pretend I'm getting one with low miles and proper maintenance. I know rust is an issue with these. Looking for other major issues

My dad had one when I was a kid and I have nostalgia for it, and I also wanted something to do a little off roading in, so I figured I can combine the two.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5r64v4Yr2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're unreliable and have a myriad known issues. I believe the seats were known to rust out from their brackets, and in the case of powered ones they actually caught fire (while you were sitting in them).

They're shit vehicles 2bh.

It's a pretty good truck based SUV.

The common issue most seem to have is the gear selector lever. Sometimes it goes out of wack so keep your eyes on that, unless it's already been fixed.

if you can find a well maintained mint one owned by white people, go for it. it it's obviously been beat to shit and owned by minorities, run away.

don't forget the cruise control switch that lights the vehicle on fire, even when it's not running

Haven't really kept up with the current gen in terms of reliability.

I had a 2003 Eddie Bauer 4WD in high school. I miss the fuck out of it, to be honest. It was a great truck. Bought it with 55k miles on it, traded it in with 105k, and the only problem it ever gave me was a blown alternator.

From what I can tell, they depreciate like a motherfucker. I've seen fully loaded models with 20k on the odo for under $40K. Probably even cheaper now that the 2018 is refresh. Makes me want to go shopping.

Most SUVs like this depreciate like that. The one in OPs pic was about $40k new.

I think the biggest cause is they get traded in at an acceptable condition, but then immediately get sold to unfavorable individuals who puts 30 inch rims on them in exchange for never doing any kind of maintenance

True.

Really this. If you follow this anons advice, you should easily avoid

With how old they are, I'd say issues like
Will have already been ironed out time. The fact that they are still on the road is an indicator they didn't burst into flames. As you said, so long as you don't buy one off the buy here pay here lot that has had 47 different owners, you should be ok.

I always felt they had a really cheap feeling interior, but that made be a benefit if you want to take it off road

The fact that you're still alive now means you won't ever get cancer or die from anything.

What supreme logic you have.

Well I'm immortal so you actually are right

Expedition can still kill you, it's that deadly.

Didnt they shoot spark plugs and had a common problem with busting the air suspension?

>man lives for hundreds of years
>avoids the death brought by wars and disease
>gets done in by a poorly made SUV that bursts into treats one day

Yes to spark plugs, but I think the air suspension was only on the Navigator. To this day you still see them driving around like this

Yea old Navigators are notorious for the suspension breaking and being way to expensive to justify fixing

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5r64v4Yr2M

bulletproof. my girlfriend's dad bought one new in 1999 and it has 260,000 miles. he says he never replaced any major part whatsoever. I've driven it and you honesty think it's has 60,000 miles

That navi nearly achieved liftoff

My grandpa has one with 300k. He bought a newer one like 5 years ago, and said the old one would go to scrap as soon as it stopped running. That doesn't appear to something to expect anytime soon.

It's well maintained but has taken the punishment of the rust belt. It's only real issue is a noisy exhaust leak

I got a 98 with almost 300k on it.
Its had a ton of small problems, but it never fails to get me to work every day.

>Bursts into treats

I drove a friend back from georgia with his expedition because he didnt have a license. I was going about 70 and coming up to a split. Traffic was heavy, blinker was on and I tried to merge into the other lane but an asshole in a dodge wouldnt let me merge, so I gunned it. the engine rev'd high as shit but I didn't feel the truck move any faster so I missed the lane I needed to be on. That's my only experience with an expedition. I like excursions a shitton more

and I fucking hate faggots that drive dodges. id fucking kill every last one that drives around with their shitty fucking dodge truck. goddammit

Shits true yo. My wife picked up a 2010 for 16k with just 80k on the odometer, it was owned by old people and had virtually every option available on it. Cooled seats, DVD player, third row. It was fucking immaculate.

They get like 10mpg........

Just get a tahoe desu

Those things are ghetto even by ghetto standards.