Hey fagg/o/ts

Hey fagg/o/ts

Please don't roll your eyes but I want to restore all of the metal on my '85 crx!
The pinch welds are toast, and some of the rear axle mounts are gone, and the front torsion bar mounts are gone.

It's super rusty and I literally have every single part off the car that isn't metal! I'm serious about this project and I'm ready to dump like $7,000 on restoring this glorious shitbox.

(basically I just wanna give it fresh 100% rust free metal, a nice paint job, and repair all the plastic trim and rubber sill seals)

I've never restored a car before and I have no friends to ask so I figured I'd ask you guys

What's my next step? It's down to its chassis and has a lot of thick undercoating on it and a lot of rust. Do I get it sand blasted?

please help or give me some protips guise

pic related.
except shits stripped to the bones ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCcRsMJWpl5oEhuBAyCTeeqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 just buy a rust free shell dude

I know it's a massive waste of time and money but I'm autistic and I will revive THIS car no matter what!!!

Rotisserie restoration.

Brotisserie brostoration, senpai.

Send me some pictures of your rotisserie restoration at my PO Box, OP.

Is that pretty much how everyone restores unibody? It sucks trying to google what to do cuz everyones restoring trucks with actual frames or muscle cars with actual frames

yeah, check out jay lenos garage restoration blogs they have some footage of how to do frame up restoration at a very high level (and cost)

I've seen everyone of Jay's videos :)

I don't ever remember him going in depth tho...

Is that basic Idea throw the chasis on a Rotisserie and sandblast the crap out of it then cut out the rust and weld in new metal?

Pls help

i plan on doing the same with a 1988 ef hatchback, they are all completely worked over so i plan to strip and dip the chassis and seam weld everything along with some strategic chassis bracing taking hints from type r chassis' and works touring cars. it would be my forever car

I wouldn't say it's that common. It's a pretty extreme procedure, but I don't think you can do a proper, full blown home restoration without it. Just make sure you actually continue with it even if it's a little shit at a time. I know so many AE86 guys who did partial restos and left their shit to rot or reassembled a half assed job and sold the car when a few hours every weekend would have brought it back to life in a reasonable time frame.

Make a schedule. Plan out your purchases with an error buffer.

yeah its not too complicated, just a lot of time

If you're serious, the next step is a full media blast or an acid dip. Removing the paint the see how deep the cancer is is gonna be important. This WILL eat up a large chunk of your budget, but if you can repair the metal yourself and you have a car's worth of parts you don't need to source, this mostly the hardest part. Reassembly on an 80's Honda is something I've done in a 20 hour power session after paint with some buddies.

Well sounds like the next step is getting it acid dipped. How do I find someone to acid dip it? I live in iowa and can't find anyone!

How much roughly does it cost to get it acid dipped?

did you use a Rotisserie to restore your 80s honda?

guise pls respond

youtube.com/channel/UCcRsMJWpl5oEhuBAyCTeeqg

Check out what this guy did to this 59 bel air, basically what you want to do. Everything completely stripped, new panels fabricated and welded in, rust holes patched, and body solder applied.

wasted

wat

African American

WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEIT

*smacks lips*

i like you already.
just get it done by a pro man. and get that shit galvanized while they are at it.

Good luck.
Hardly any one appreciates the first CRX body style.

You are not alone.
I've got an 85 si i use as my daily. Shes got 363k miles on her with the original engine. She still has her original factory neoprene spoiler.

But the metal on mine is in really good condition. No salt roads here in Texas.
I do plan on going through it and repainting it, I've got tons of aircraft polyurethane paint I'm going to use. But the plastic trim and body parts are warped, cracked, or broken. Each piece is $260 from Heeltoe auto.
I've been finding stuff at salvage yards and ebay for a lot less though.

AYYOOO HOL UP

yeah I like 1gs better but I'm probably biased.

That things looking pretty damn rough... you should remove your plastic rocker panels and see if you really do have rust... I'd be willing to bet you have at least some significant rust