I got a question

I got a question.
I bought a 1993 Blazer as a project car (identical to the pic) and I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the L05 v8. I was looking on building it to around 300hp without boosting it. I read that if you use an LT1 cam and vortec 5700 heads you can get there, but I want to hear your input. I live in Los Angeles so emissions will probably fuck with this.

I dont play on making it ultra gaudy. Maybe a 2-4in lift and thats about it. Anyone here own a Blazer that can help me with this?

>93
Nice. I have a 96. But i prefer the 88-94 interiors. The vortec heads are alot better flowing than the heads on the previous tbi motors.

Bump

move somewhere without emissions, you're gonna get cucked hard in california

that being said usually supercharger kits don't mess with emissions much

305 or 350?

As long as all of the EFI and emissions stuff is working, it shouldn't effect your chances of passing smog. You can get away a pretty big cam as long as it still idles at the correct rpm. The vortec heads will probably be as clean or cleaner that the original heads. Just make sure that everything related to the egr system lines up and looks stock.

Basically this op. Good luck bud.

>Wanted to buy one of these
>Ended up stuck with a 95' pickup extendo cab
I just wanted a 2 door SUV.

I can't see any potential for that as a project car unless you plan to do some very heavy off roading
get a proper car OP you fag

>gay Miata driver detected

I live near the mojave you dumbshit. Of course thats what I want to use it for.

you nose it

Do you know any cams that I can stick into an L05? Only one that comes to mind is one out of an LT1 cam.

Just look online for compatability

LT1 cam has a drive section for the side gear that spins the water pump. Forget about that approach.

It is a small block Chevrolet so all kinds of parts are available. You can get an intake from Scoggin-Dickey that allows you to run Vortec heads on your junk. Call them up

hnng, i know sales were dropping for 2 door truck based SUVs back then due to four door mom wagons being in high demand at the time. But I would kill for GM or Ford to bring these back. I don't care if there isn't a market for these type of vehicles but shit a man can dream.

I hope they do. But they probably would sell well. I cant imagine what they would price them at now. Heres the sticker window price for that 96. Found it in the glovebox after i got it home.

Probably in the $50k's (maple bucks that is), I'm not sure how much in USD.

>But they probably would sell well
Also, I agree. I'm certain there's a market out there. Like people who want a 2 door truck but don't exactly want a pickup, thought it would be a perfect alternative imho.

Summit probably has not less than 200 cams for that engine. There is probably no engine on Earth with as many options for a cam shaft. They'll have cam for everything from stock to a 10000rpm race motor.

the bronco concepts look terrible, and they cucked the ranger. so mad.

The Ranger's better than it ever was. Stop being retarded.

That's a cool mockup. 2door suvs are aesthetic as fuck

This. Took me a while to get used to the slightly bigger redesign, but it's all worth the extra cabin space that my old one lacked.